Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow Plucking - Clerys/Arnotts?

• 27-01-2010 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Does either Clerys or Arnotts do eyebrow plucking?

Am going to Dublin tomorrow and want to get my eyebrows done properly. Roughly, how much does it cost? And do I need to make an appointment or can I just walk in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I know Benefit usually have Brow Bars in the big department stores. They do anyway in Brown Thomas if there's none over the O' Connell St side of the city. It's not too far to walk.

I presume they would do plucking if its called a brow bar? I think they show you as well different techniques and stuff for shading your brows. I'd say it's just walk in and sorry, have no idea of prices!

Hope that helps in some way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

they do it in arnotts on henry street in the benefit counter!!14euro i think i paid??and there's an eyebrow threading bar in there somewhere too??

Eyebrow threading is brilliant for shape, and it hurts less than plucking.
    There is a lady who does it in arnotts, where I don't know.
    It costs 15 euro where I get it done. (Not Dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Wink do threading in Clearys. It costs €32 for brows and upper lip. Threading is much much much better than plucking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Estee Lauder in BTs are meant to be the shizz for brows. Its 15e but you can redeem it against products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Oooh thanks OP, I've always wanted to get it done but am terrified I'll end up Glenda'd:
    61275858_4fe341fd69_o.jpg

I'd like to have someone shape my eyebrows but the fear of that^ puts me off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

chupi wrote: »
    Oooh thanks OP, I've always wanted to get it done but am terrified I'll end up Glenda'd:
    61275858_4fe341fd69_o.jpg

I'd like to have someone shape my eyebrows but the fear of that^ puts me off :)

Threading is the business. The shape that is given to your brows is simply fantastic. Looks great, natural and best of all doesn't pull the skin around the eye. If you really want to push the boat out get your brows tinted too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks everyone, I'll look into threading.

Unforunately I didn't make it to Dublin today as my alarm clock didn't go off:mad: so slept it out and missed the bus. I didn't wake up until 11:15am.

I'm so annoyed as I was meant to be going to the Open Day for Pearse College.:mad:

Thanks again for the recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I had my eyebrows 'professionally' plucked once - never again. She plucked my brows to nothing. If I wore hoop earrings I would have looked like to total scumbag. Luckily they grew back fully. I won't risk it again. I stick to doing it myself.

Advertisement