Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband 20mb Dublin 15

• 27-01-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Yo all, I was on the phone to UPC the other day and they said that UPC broadband is goin to be availible in Dublin 15 (clonsilla) in a couple of weeks has anyone heard of this. ive never been able to get more than a 1mb connection on my line which is sh*t so 20mb would be awesome:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Yo all, I was on the phone to UPC the other day and they said that UPC broadband is goin to be availible in Dublin 15 (clonsilla) in a couple of weeks has anyone heard of this. ive never been able to get more than a 1mb connection on my line which is sh*t so 20mb would be awesome:eek:

30mbit/sec these days, at least on paper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rsynnott wrote: »
    30mbit/sec these days, at least on paper...

Not all areas can get 30Mb yet, some areas are still limited to 20Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

That would be amazing. I've been ringing them religiously every 6 months since I moved to Clonsilla

I am now moving house (not due to broadband!) but I have even called UPC to check if they are available in the estate I am moving to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It is area dependant, but the bulk of residents can achieve up to 20mb if they so wish. I know of a colleague on shelering road and he can get nothing except TV from them.

* Take up to with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi makaveli_2pac,

I've had 10mb with UPC in Clonsilla (Mount Symon) for 6 months now, pretty good I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

It all depends on when they are updating the lines. They will be moving to 30mb by the end of april and anyone on 20mb will be upgraded or you could ring them and upgrade now but you have to sign a new 12month contract.
    Try utv broadband. You can check availability by putting in your telephone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 makaveli_2pac

thanks yeah i entered the details and its says the area is good for everything except digital HD tv but thats ok all i want is the BB, im sick of eating off a 1mb bt connection :rolleyes:

Advertisement