Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This place appears to be infested with Dubs!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

All this talk about junkies, scum etc gets fairly irritating, especially when gobsheens from all around the island start dressing like Dublin scum in order to look ''hard''.

P.S. Culchies sell drugs to kids. :D

Why are there always Dublin vs the rest of the country threads...can't we all just get along?

...Culchies sell drugs to the elderly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

What would you call ethnic cleansing if it was done county-by-county? Well, it should be done to dublin. Filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Orizio wrote: »
    He is taking the piss out of rural people my friend. His post was a bigoted and tedious attempt at parody.
    My bad :o I forgots to switch on the parody/irony/sarcasm detector :pac:

What would you call ethnic cleansing if it was done county-by-county? Well, it should be done to dublin. Filth.

Us Dublin people have evolved beyond that sort of thinking.

Prejudice or what...

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    All this talk about junkies, scum etc gets fairly irritating, especially when gobsheens from all around the island start dressing like Dublin scum in order to look ''hard''.

P.S. Culchies sell drugs to kids. :D

Why are there always Dublin vs the rest of the country threads...can't we all just get along?

...Culchies sell drugs to the elderly.
    Seen this in Cavan, Longford, Tipperary, Kilkenny and Kerry. Young lads between 12 and 16 walking around the place with trackies tucked in to their socks, hand down the jocks, cap at 45 degrees and throwin shapes left, right and centre.

"Hey! Come back here and pick up that triangle" :pac:

If they hate us "Dublin Filth" so much then why do they allow their kids to act like "us"? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bonito wrote: »
    If they hate us "Dublin Filth" so much then why do they allow their kids to act like "us"? :rolleyes:

I'm sure that you meant to use the term ''us'' very loosely there. The only thing that I have in common with anyone who wears a cap a 45 degree angle is that we are both from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bonito wrote: »

Because deep down they all love ironing? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

Nope it's too late Hank. Don't put words into his mouth. He's already said it.

There ya go straight from the horses mouth - all Dubs look and act like skangers!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Ah cmon it's not so bad you're just reading their posts,be way worse if you had to hear the dub accent the whole time then you could complain:pac:.

mendusa wrote: »
    Ah cmon it's not so bad you're just reading their posts,be way worse if you had to hear the dub accent the whole time then you could complain:pac:.

I do hear one the whole time, mine.

It's like sweet music. :D

Of course it doesn't have that whole howaya thing going on though.

Not everyone is a scanger in Dublin you know...

Just like not every culchie knows how to milk a horse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

I do hear one the whole time, mine.

It's like sweet music. :D

Of course it doesn't have that whole howaya thing going on though.

Not everyone is a scanger in Dublin you know...

Just like not every culchie knows how to milk a horse.
    It's true I worked in Dublin for 3 months and not all of them say bleeding etc etc etc.But i did come across some accents that would go right through your head so fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

You do realise Ireland has more than one city, right?

Irish geography is obviously underfunded in Dublin schools.

Well, if you were paying attention in geography class you would know that more than one quarter of people in the Republic live in Dublin.

Wait! I have it. :D

"This place appears to be infested with Dubs"

You sir are about to be spanked in public and we're all going to love it. :p

Appearances can be deceiving and all is not as it seems in here.

Yes, there are many people from Dublin on boards but what if we were all to take down our location? You wouldn't be able to imagine our posts being spoken in our "annoying" accents for a start.

I'll cut my rant short because either way I'll be getting my point across. The fact of the matter is............

You're jealous of our superiority within the boards population. :cool: In saying that, you happen to be the only non-Dublin-dwelling-person I've ever met who had an imagination so over-active that you see us all as scum and filth and an infestation :rolleyes: Then again, there's always one :pac:

The guy wrote: »
    Well, if you were paying attention in geography class you would know that more than one quarter of people in the Republic live in Dublin.

Wait a minute, only a quarter?

I would have thought it was at least three times that.

Must be just how great we are.

how to milk a horse.

I have nipples Focker, can you milk me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Wait a minute, only a quarter?

I would have thought it was at least three times that.

Must be just how great we are.

Well it says about half live in Leinster and when you consider the amount of people who live just outside of Dublin and commute in every day, it's a fair amount.

I have nipples Focker, can you milk me?

Emmm I quite disturbed by this.

Please never ''talk'' to me again. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Why are people picking on Dublin when clearly the rest of the country needs to group together to eliminate Donegal from existance.

The county who produced our current Tanaiste and also appears to have different driving laws whereby you have to be pissed, driving at 90 mph and attempting to hit a Garda everytime you set foot in a car.

It neeeds to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

I started this thread with a hyothetical extrapolation: that this forum is comprised of 95% Dubs. This figure, after the widespread and unilateral condemnation of my assertions, can be revised to 97.5%.

I also suggested that Dubs are perhaps somewhat lacking in the intelligence department(albeit covertly, so as to confuse them further). This is now unequivocally proven. The Dubs failed to consider that a poster who criticises their hideously grating and abrasive accent and disposition, is not necessarily indigenous to either a rural county setting, or indeed any other county of the isle of Ireland.

For my amusement, I shall watch with conceited glee as this plethora of simplistic goons attempt to determine my country of origin.

Yours Faithfully,

The Rt Hon. Master Bates
    :o:pac::pac::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

3 culchies walk into a bar in Dublin & order some pints. A half locked Dub at the bar shouts over to them... "de yis wanna hear a joke about culchies?"

One of the culchies, stares back at him & says, "before you do, let me tell you boyo, that my friend here is 6ft 2", 14st & plays GAA for Cork. My other friend is 6ft 4", 15 stone & plays rugby for Munster & I'm from Kerry, 6ft 5", 16 stone & I'm a prison warden in Mountjoy...

So do you still want to tell that joke?"

To which the Dub replies... "Jayses, not if I have to explain it three times".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I

For my amusement, I shall watch with conceited glee as this plethora of simplistic goons attempt to determine my country of origin.

Yours Faithfully,

The Rt Hon. Master Bates

C*ntville, USA????

I started this thread with a hyothetical extrapolation: that this forum is comprised of 95% Dubs. This figure, after the widespread and unilateral condemnation of my assertions, can be revised to 97.5%.

I also suggested that Dubs are perhaps somewhat lacking in the intelligence department(albeit covertly, so as to confuse them further). This is now unequivocally proven. The Dubs failed to consider that a poster who criticises their hideously grating and abrasive accent and disposition, is not necessarily indigenous to either a rural county setting, or indeed any other county of the isle of Ireland.

Yours Faithfully,
    The Rt Hon. Master Bates

Biggest load of BS I have ever read. Try dress it up as fancy as you like but the fact of the matter is you are doing nothing but discriminating against people who reside in Dublin. I would call your post ignorant for tarring us all with the "have the same annoying accent" brush.

Reevaluating the situation you are not ignorant but merely acting like an idiot. Why you are doing this I do not know but regardless of your reason for acting like this it does not excuse the fact you have branded us all as idiots with "hideously grating and abrasive accent and disposition".

You are merely arrogantly discriminative to people who reside in Dublin. You shouldn't be so quick to judge others if you are not allowing us to judge you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Do you live under a bridge?

Do you live under a bridge?
    I don't think this one http://www.au-chateau.com/ViaducDeMillau.jpg would even be big enough for him to live under

Yours Faithfully,
    The Rt Hon. Master Bates

This is a rather hate filled post.

I presume you're from a country where people don't have a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Gyalist wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I remember Master Bates and Seaman Staines as characters from Captain Pugwash.

I remember Master Bates as the psycho in the shower in, well, Psycho.

That "Master Bates" joke really had to be explained to me as I was looking for puns from the movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Yours Faithfully,

The Rt Hon. Master Bates

Which Dublin accent are you referring to, as I find there are several, some grating, some not.

I wonder how accurate you believe your count to be, as I'm sure not everyone defending Dubliners are from Dublin.

While you're quick to attack Dublin folk, you appear rather shy about disclosing your origins (which would've been helpful as a benchmark to illustrate what we can presume is the opposite of a grating accent), however as you are keen to use a British title before your name when signing off, I can only assume you're British.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_Honourable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

This is a rather hate filled post.

I presume you're from a country where people don't have a sense of humour.

In fairness, most of the real Dubs have colourful accents, and are regularly amusingly witty. It's those absolute muppets who have to say "you know" or "you know, like" in every second sentence who need to be shot. The, like, whole D4, like, thing is not, like, you know, cool.

Listening to Tubridy this morning and all four women talking on it couldn't say a single sentence without "you know". Brain-dead stuff. I was thinking the incessant "you know" had to do with nerves but now I'm fairly certain it has everything to do with intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

I'm not from Dublin!

Nah just kidden, I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Orizio wrote: »
    Irony overload.

Goddamit!!!!!
    TheGod wrote: »
    I've been to donegal, stop lying.

You were obviously up on the Annual Non-Broadband Tractor racing Festival!

Advertisement