Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This place appears to be infested with Dubs!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

also appears to have different driving laws whereby you have to be pissed, driving at 90 mph and attempting to hit a Garda everytime you set foot in a car.

It neeeds to go.

Thats right aye,we all drive around trying to kill young Gardai aye. Cop on ffs,do you not think its a bit early to be joking about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Your observant Master-bates, good to see your eyesight is still functional. As a non-Dub myself, I would question whether anywhere in Ireland has a population centre you could classify as a city of international standing really. That is using New York, London or Paris as a barometer. Like it or not, there are very few 'true Dubs' left in Dublin anyway, so you can relax Master-Bates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 John I am

Infestation of dubs is a serious problem in Dublin, they are addressing the problem by shipping culchies into dublin en mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I love how someone always puts a tag called "weekly culchie rant" on these threads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

lightening wrote: »
    Ah, when all else fails, when you have made yourself out to be a moron, resort to slagging spelling! Good man!

Thanks! maybe you should sort out some grinds for that spelling, and you

stayed late in school good lad your learning..

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    maybe you should sort out some grinds for that spelling, and you

stayed late in school good lad your learning..
    D'oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

stovelid wrote: »
    The government needs to rush through a repatriation programme for boggers living in Dublin.

Price of your fare or petrol home, a few quid and a signed affidavit stating that you never return.

We don't want you up here. You clearly don't like it up here.

Best for all parties.

Dont forget to give them "Hang Sangers" wrapped in tin foil and a flask of "Tae"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Despite the scaremongering, I'd still feel safer walking around Dublin city centre than downtown Beirut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

What's your point? We all carry knives?

Also, why did you answer you're own question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Which city has the 6th highest murder rate in Europe?:o

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/dublin-murder-rate-is-one-of-europes-highest-1589449.html[/QUOTE

So, what part of Britain are you from, RIGHT HONOURABLE Sir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well I have my location as Dublin, but I sure as hell ain't from there. Thank God :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think Master Bates is from Dublin. Either way, he's just been banned for.. surprise.. trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The problem with Dublin is there's too many Dubs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Thanks! maybe you should sort out some grinds for that spelling

You keep slagging off my lack of schooling, that's fair enough, some people are not as lucky as you. But the difference between me and you is I state the facts, where as you just name call and spout out silly little things you have heard in pubs.

You say you hate me, I'm a numpty etc... You think that everyone in Dublin is off their face on heroin... blah blah blah... I haven't called you any names or gone on about where you live or whatever problems your area is having, suicide, alcoholism, motor carnage etc...

If I were to say something like "ah, rural Ireland where everyone knows at least five people who have committed suicide" I would be slated for it, but have a go at the heroin problem in Dublin... that's fair game, although most people don't realise that a huge percent of heroin users in the capital are from rural areas all around the country.

Your obvious ignorance and lack of knowledge of Dublin and probably Ireland has led me to believe that you haven't got to visit much of Ireland at all. I suggest you get out there and start to enjoy your country and your capital, because if you take the blinkers off, open your eyes and your mind, you will realise it is an amazing country and Dublin is an amazing city. So I suggest you come and spend a few days in Dublin where you will get a warm welcome despite your small town prejudices and sneering attitude.

By the way, bryaner, do you see all the girls of rural Ireland logging on here denying the fact that they love the Dublin accent and flood to Dublin to get some Dublin men to satisfy that need they have? No. ;)

You keep slagging off my lack of schooling, that's fair enough, some people are not as lucky as you. But the difference between me and you is I state the facts, where as you just name call and spout out silly little things you have heard in pubs.

You say you hate me, I'm a numpty etc... You think that everyone in Dublin is off their face on heroin... blah blah blah... I haven't called you any names or gone on about where you live or whatever problems your area is having, suicide, alcoholism, motor carnage etc...

If I were to say something like "ah, rural Ireland where everyone knows at least five people who have committed suicide" I would be slated for it, but have a go at the heroin problem in Dublin... that's fair game, although most people don't realise that a huge percent of heroin users in the capital are from rural areas all around the country.

Your obvious ignorance and lack of knowledge of Dublin and probably Ireland has led me to believe that you haven't got to visit much of Ireland at all. I suggest you get out there and start to enjoy your country and your capital, because if you take the blinkers off, open your eyes and your mind, you will realise it is an amazing country and Dublin is an amazing city. So I suggest you come and spend a few days in Dublin where you will get a warm welcome despite your small town prejudices and sneering attitude.

By the way, bryaner, do you see all the girls of rural Ireland logging on here denying the fact that they love the Dublin accent and flood to Dublin to get some Dublin men to satisfy that need they have? No. ;)

In ignorance there is bliss, i actually feel sorry for you + i have never said i hate you. You seem to have taken the bait i have loads of Dub friends
    and go out in Dublin regularly. But in my many female friends i have
    never heard one of them saying they like the Dublin accent (and i don't see any logging on to say they like it either btw). Relax yourself and if believing
    that your accent pulls you chicks keeps you happy the best of luck to you

Have a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

But in my many female friends i have never heard one of them saying they like the Dublin accent

Ask them. Some of them might even admit it after a few drinks. ;)

Believe me, lived in the city centre for 12 years as a single man with my own gaff. I tell no lies. The country girls love the city men, married, single, long term relationship girls, all of them.

Believe me, lived in the city centre for 12 years as a single man with my own gaff. I tell no lies. The country girls love the city men, married, single, long term relationship girls, all of them.

If it keeps you happy as I said, nothing wrong with a bit of fantasy.

In ignorance there is bliss. I actually feel sorry for you plus I have never said I hate you. You seem to have taken the bait. I have loads of Dub friends and go out in Dublin regularly but, in my many female friends I have never heard one of them saying they like the Dublin accent (and I don't see any logging on to say they like it either btw). Relax yourself and if by believing that your accent pulls you chicks keeps you happy the best of luck to you.

Have a nice day.

I'm going to be frank for a moment. "Hi I'm Frank." If I were speaking to someone from a rural region I would never put them down just because of where they are from. Also, if that person was to aim an attack at me for the simple fact that I just so happen to be from an area of the country which has a high crime rate, poverty, unemployment (which is widespread all over the country at the moment and we all know this) compared to less populated areas then they're obviously just prejudiced. Nobody has the right to judge someone based on where they reside from. It's petty, childish and utterly stupid. I have never judged someone on where they happen to have grown up or live and if someone where to do it to me then they are not worth my time and are just trying to boost their stupid little ego by playing the "lets slag the scum bag" game. I don't believe for a moment you have many friends from Dublin. My reasons for this is because I have MANY friends and even family who live in rural regions and if one of them had ever referred to me as scum or anything of the sort just because I am from Dublin then they wouldn't be a friend of mine.

I will have a nice day. Also you can't comment on Lightenings' spelling as you yourself utterly fail in the grammatical section. (Irony much?) Not to worry though because I touched it up for you. No need to thank me.

Have a nice day.

Bonito wrote: »
    I'm going to be frank for a moment. "Hi I'm Frank." If I were speaking to someone from a rural region I would never put them down just because of where they are from. Also, if that person was to aim an attack at me for the simple fact that I just so happen to be from an area of the country which has a high crime rate, poverty, unemployment (which is widespread all over the country at the moment and we all know this) compared to less populated areas then they're obviously just prejudiced. Nobody has the right to judge someone based on where they reside from. It's petty, childish and utterly stupid. I have never judged someone on where they happen to have grown up or live and if someone where to do it to me then they are not worth my time and are just trying to boost their stupid little ego by playing the "lets slag the scum bag" game. I don't believe for a moment you have many friends from Dublin. My reasons for this is because I have MANY friends and even family who live in rural regions and if one of them had ever referred to me as scum or anything of the sort just because I am from Dublin then they wouldn't be a friend of mine.

I will have a nice day. Also you can't comment on Lightenings' spelling as you yourself utterly fail in the grammatical section. (Irony much?) Not to worry though because I touched it up for you. No need to thank me.

Have a nice day.

I slag my Dub mates every weekend and they never seem to take it this bad

• Advertisement

Don't forget the Hen nights ;)

Have a nice day.

Also it seems to be my punctuation you touched up.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

What is it about the Dublin accent that makes the country boys angry and the country girls wet? English and rural Irish girls just melt at the sound of it. I had some fun during my single days with young wives, sisters, daughters and girlfriends of rural lads in Dublin while they were on their hen nights and "shopping trips". And boy, do they loose their inhibitions when in the big city in a hotel room with a Dub!! I am not messing. They will even show you what they bought for their husband! (not messing here at all).

It must be a rebellious thing.

Worked out well for me for years, so, thanks guys.

even if you brought them to a hostel on gardener st with a few Very cheap cans.... they'd all still put out...

their just not used to our fanciness

I slag my Dub mates every weekend and they never seem to take it this bad
    Well we are not your "mates" and you're not going to make any new ones on here by trying to put people down based on where they're from. Would you randomly walk up to someone in their home county, town or city and say "This place is an awful dump and full of scum"? I doubt it very much so why do it over the keyboard? Personally I am proud of where I have grown up and live and I will not allow someone to put a bad word against myself or my locality when they do not even know me as a person. A location does not define a person. We are all different.

The problem with Dublin is there's too many Dubs in it.

The problem with Dublin is that its full of culchies who do fcuk all except piss and moan about how crap Dublin is and how great it is to be from Cork/Shligo/Borris-in-Ossory, where the air is cleaner, people are nicer, and everything is cheaper.

If it was that great, you wouldn't fcuking be in Dublin ya pack of bleedin' plough-jockeys.

Don't forget the Hen nights ;)

Strange I was never into pulling other lads women, guess I'm just not

interested in stirring someone else's porridge.

Also it seems to be my punctuation you touched up.

Thanks and have a nice day.
    You were using txt speak and using i instead of I. I have corrected more than your punctuation.

Strange I was never into pulling other lads women, guess I'm just not

interested in stirring someone else's porridge.
    Who says it was the bride-to-be that I was pulling? See there you go again making assumptions just to satisfy your ego and your own beliefs. Never assume.

Well we are not your "mates" and you're not going to make any new ones on here by trying to put people down based on where they're from. Would you randomly walk up to someone in their home county, town or city and say "This place is an awful dump and full of scum"? I doubt it very much so why do it over the keyboard? Personally I am proud of where I have grown up and live and I will not allow someone to put a bad word against myself or my locality when they do not even know me as a person. A location does not define a person. We are all different.

The lads slag us we slag them lighten up lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Stop Feeding the troll, he has nothing to say and it is only trying to wind you up.

I agree with bonito and lightening, that poster cant possibly have any Dublin friends simply because I dont believe anyone considers him a friend.

He will probably go off find a dictionary site now and get five big words and then use them all in sentence here to to try to make himself feel smart.

This is a tiny island we live in and there are very few people in this country who have not got a mix of many different counties in their makeup so lets not argue over which is worst, because the whole island is a kip at the minute and that includes the six still ruled by a queen.

Advertisement