Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxborough Lucan

Options
  • 27-01-2010 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi I am wondering about peoples opinion on Foxborough in Lucan. I have seen a few properties at a reasonable price, but when I have checked these out on previous threads here and on other websites, people havent been exactly complementary about the area. Is it really such a bad area, and if so why. Where would fellow Lucan people recommend, based on a budget at not more than 220k, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Where would fellow Lucan people recommend, based on a budget at not more than 220k, thanks.

What kinda property are you after? Assuming it is at least 2 bedroom,
    with your budget you're either looking at high density (i.e. Adamstown), ex-council, or indeed, the cheapest standard 3 bed private (not-council) semis, which is probably Foxborough.

Is Foxborough really such a bad area? No, I honestly don't think so. For your money you won't find a bigger / safer / nicer semi-d proper house in the extended Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's not the worst estate in the world tbh. It gets a bad rep because it's located beside local authority housing and there's an estate around the corner from it called Foxdene that's an awful kip. It has a pretty young population which leads to anti-social behaviour,probably no worse than many estates in Dublin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

unkel wrote: »
    What kinda property are you after? Assuming it is at least 2 bedroom,
    with your budget you're either looking at high density (i.e. Adamstown), ex-council, or indeed, the cheapest standard 3 bed private (not-council) semis, which is probably Foxborough.

Is Foxborough really such a bad area? No, I honestly don't think so. For your money you won't find a bigger / safer / nicer semi-d proper house in the extended Dublin region.

I suppose all I can do is head out there and check it out for myself. Its just that I wondered why there was quite a few houses there for sale, and were priced a lot more reasonable than other areas of Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I suppose all I can do is head out there and check it out for myself. Its just that I wondered why there was quite a few houses there for sale, and were priced a lot more reasonable than other areas of Lucan.

It's been like that for a good few years regards pricing. If you cross over to Earlsfort you could find a similar sized house will cost another €50,000 more than Foxborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Turnover of cheaper 3 bed semis in Lucan is always high, even now when the prices are low. There are always plenty of houses for sale, and remember FB is a very large area. FB is cheaper because of reputation, but in my view it represents good value. If your limit is 220k, you simply won't buy a semi in another estate in Lucan. If I were considering buying there, the one thing I would do is buy a bit away from the Centra. Busy road, lots of cars coming and going to the shop all day and some youths hanging around the area. Haven't seen anything untoward though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carmel1234

Hi Guys
    I am planning to buy a house in Lucan . There is few properties on sale in Abbeywood and Colthrust etc. Does any one have any experience living and know about area.
    Please advice me. Your comments/idea will be appreciated.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i grew up in foxborough (10-18), my mum still lives there. i've always found it to be absolutely fine, the people are nice and it's very quiet.
    the houses are a good size and well built, my mums is still in perfect condition and it was bought in 1995, in the first batch of houses out there.

yeah, it is close to foxdene and has a bit of a rep as a result but honestly i do not think it's a bad place...

Advertisement