Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating one subject?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, does anybody know what the deadline is for registering to repeat one subject? and do you need to register for the leaving cert exam or the CAO first or does it even matter? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

closing date is friday 29th january although there is an extended deadline to 12th february but you pay an extra €30 per subject. apply online at www.examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Could I just add in a quick Q?!:D

So say if I got a good enough LC, but didn't get enough points for my course, could I just repeat one subject, i.e. if i did badly in that one?

Could I just add in a quick Q?!:D

So say if I got a good enough LC, but didn't get enough points for my course, could I just repeat one subject, i.e. if i did badly in that one?

You can't combine subjects from different leaving certs for points purposes. You can however combine subjects from different leaving certs for matriculation requirements (unless you are applying for medicine).

If you are short on points for your dream course and there's no other course you want you have to repeat the whole leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

So if I passed say English, Irish, Maths; can I repeat 6 totally different subjects this year and if I get enough points even if I don't do maths this year and the course I pick requires maths?

tracert wrote: »
    So if I passed say English, Irish, Maths; can I repeat 6 totally different subjects this year and if I get enough points even if I don't do maths this year and the course I pick requires maths?

Yes for CAO courses anyway (except medicine)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

I to want to repeat one subject,Maths which i failed by a whisker:p Was wondering where can I do a short course on Ordinary Level. Kylemore seems to be good but is there any where else. Im looking to do two 2Hour classes per week. Ive being practising at home as I have all my notes and books from last year. It would have to be night class because im working full time. I couldnt find a more up to date thread thats why i post this on here.

Advertisement