Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sorting/managing processed files?

• 27-01-2010 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I have a problem - I have no clean and simple way to organize my processed/used images. I keep my raw files in a strict, simple by-date hierarchy: 2010-01-28 for instance.

My problem comes processed files: What format? What file name? I keep the 'master' PSD file with the raw images, but I want something more accessible (and portable) for day-to-day use. JPG? TIF? By date? Subject/Location?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I use three folders for each date that I work on my images.
    Like this:
    Top level Folder - Date+RAW - Original RAW files go here.
    1st Sub folder - Process - In this folder I put the RAW files I want to run through photoshop / lightroom etc... I save the output of these as .tiff in case I want them printed. I then delete the RAW files.
    2nd Sub folder - Output - This folder contains the exact same images as the processed .tiff files only I save them as full size .jpg - These are the images I would then upload to pix.ie etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I probably use something similiar

Top Level Year

Next Level Description (containing Original RAW's)

Next Level Processed/Selections (containing .PSD's)

Next Level may contain either HiRes Jpgs/LowRes Jpgs folders or both (based on Selections).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

try my system

bad-filing-system.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

@Barman

I thought I was the only one using that system !!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

After a wee bit of meditation on the topic, I've decided to stick with my what I am familiar with: An Exports folder to match my Imports. Foldering (is this even a word?) will match my current one. 2010-01-28, 2010-01-29, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement