Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modelling -

• 27-01-2010 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Heya!!

I`m pretty sure this is the wrong place to post this but i`m a fella and don`t really know what's what when it comes to what I have to ask,

anyway.

I`m a 21 year old male, After spending lots of time in the gym the last year to the point i`m looking pretty good, and with a modeling competition won a year or so ago with no previous experience its left me kinda looking into the possibility of starting a bit of part-time to spare time, modeling. Nothing serious, And I wouldnt even care if I never saw a dime for it.

The only thing is, How do I go about it? What do I need to do? Who should I talk to about it? Yes I got a hard time over winning the modeling with my friends since i`m male, But they are all suggesting I do something about it, Since i`m waiting to go back to college.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Hi,
    I'd advise you to get some professional photos taken.
    Build up a portfolio and send it to assets, morgan etc
    Check out there websites and Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

approach a few agencies - you can find them on-line, Do it before haveing any photos taken as they are expensive and it is better to check their (agencies) requirements first. They may even do it themselves

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Be so careful. There are lots of agencies that are after your money. If any of them try to take money off you, run! Some have been known to make you pay for model training classes in order to join the agency. All a load of bull****. These places will often take anybody, regardless of how much of a model they are.

Give Assets a ring, they do open calls on Wednesdays as far as I remember. Or, you can post head shots to 1st Options. Details here http://www.1stoption.ie/howtobecomeamodel.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

miss5 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'd advise you to get some professional photos taken.
    Build up a portfolio and send it to assets, morgan etc
    Check out there websites and Good luck!

OP you don't need any professional photographs to be a model.
    The agencies only require a head shot and a full body shot and if they are interested in you they will build up your portfolio themselves.
    As another poster has said, beware of ANYONE who tries to charge you money for photographs/courses/etc to be a model.

Advertisement