Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Tallon wrote: »
    1 more kill until you get them harriers, your heart is racing, your controller is sweaty and your so far on the edge of your seat that if you fart, you will actually fall off......

Who feels that way going for a Harrier? :p Try being knifed by some charging moron with a tac knife while you're one off a nuke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

DKZ wrote: »
    This thread is a little sexist, what about 'The Bitches?'
    'Bastard' means a child (male/female) born to unmarried parents
    so ironcially you are been sexist assuming it referred to just males ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    'Bastard' means a child (male/female) born to unmarried parents
    so ironcially you are been sexist assuming it referred to just males ;)

Shur does'nt everyone know theres no wimmenz on teh internetz anyway*

*messing ladies,messing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

My Bastard moment is directed at IW, iv only ever gotten 1 nuke in the game (i never try for it tbh) but wanted to try get 1 more for a few titles & emblems , it was domination on Rundown & after a successful stint on the Chopper Gunner i earned my Nuke.

However, being the gluttonous rogue that i am i wanted to wait until we were losing as you get a nice emblem if u use a nuke while losing. But then my world fell apart and the dreaded "Migrating Session" appeared on my screen & it never left :( No Nuke for me . That pissed me off so much i havent tried for one since.

Bastard.bmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You stayed in the same spot? I would have just lobbed grenades over at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Had a look through a few of these videos, some very helpful stuff in there alright, especially the simple stuff like care package positions (I was raging as I got a chopper gunner in one that landed on the friggin roof of a building I couldnt get to earlier). Never mind the haters, people seem to think that camping is keeping safe in a general area and fending off enemies, thats not camping,thats playing it wisely. Camping is sitting behind a crate with a shotgun hoping someone passes by.

And as for people complaining about you using perks, thats what they're for! The whingers must obviously use the "help me make as much noise as possible so I can be shot from 50 yards away" secret perk for super players. Using Ninja is no different than using a heartbeat sensor, or hanging at the back of the map with a thermal sniper rifle picking people off.

Everyone plays it differently, my usuall allrounder class is:
    Tar-21 with silencer
    Magnum with tactical knife (quickly switching to this going through tight corridors or buildings has saved my ass many a time)
    Claymore
    Stun Grenade
    Marathon Pro (cos not being able to run constantly bugs the sh1t out of me)
    Hardline
    Ninja or scrambler

I find that does most gameplay modes fine, rarely ever snipe as I suck at it, and every now and again its a laugh to switch to marathon, lightweight and ninja and just tear into where a bunch of enemies are holed up waiting for some sort of planned assault, unsuspecting a guy is going to go all stabby on them :D

People take this game and the various camping/perks/deathstreaks hate way too seriously, if you want to play something more serious then play Operation Flashpoint or something, half the fun of the game is outwitting someone who has a different gun/perk setup to you then awaiting retribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i do get alot of "the bastard" moments on you tallon hopefully you capture some to upload of me lol

- MarkLogan91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

major bill wrote: »
    i was once on a brilliant killstreak in Invasion i was playing htdm and must have been on 10 at the time me missile came in me pave low was called in i was only one away from the chopper gunner with a enemy in my sight when bang!!!! me own team mate fires a fecking noob into the building.

Now Thats a B@stard.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

:rolleyes:

?

marko91 wrote: »
    ?

a self-confessed camper playing Hardcore team deathmatch . Ya , I could just imagine the skill envolved in that "brilliant" streak ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Just to point out, these are comedy based, nothing serious meant about them :)

Its a bit of a non event tbh...

You stayed in the one place, someone decided just to wait for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

BostonB wrote: »
    Its a bit of a non event tbh...

You stayed in the one place, someone decided just to wait for you.

Thats the point!

Thats the point!

I'm going to sound like an idiot here but .......am I missing something ? someone kills you ending your killstreak .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thats nothin. I just finnished a game of Domination on Estate. Was up stairs in the jacks guiding the chopper gunner, finnished up with 2 kills till nuke time, but a guy FROM MY OWN TEAM had me locked in the corner and wouldnt move for the rest of the game.

That guy is a freakin legend I hate it when people nuke the game when I'm not finished killing yet :P

That guy is a freakin legend I hate it when people nuke the game when I'm not finished killing yet :P

It is quite funny in fairness ..........although if it happened to me , I'd probably have a nervous breakdown

Thats the point!

Can we report you wasting our time with lame vids? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Like you all have something better to do.:P

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Like you all have something better to do.:P

Fair nuff lol :D

I'm going to sound like an idiot here but .......am I missing something ? someone kills you ending your killstreak .

The point is, it's my own fault for staying in the one spot, it was inevitable that I would be killed eventually, but your on such a good streak that when you do get killed your like, The bastard

Its supposed to be fun, don't look to much into it, and if you think I was staying in the one place in that video, wait until you see "The Bastard 2" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rgdaxter

Nice one tallon! Those bastards will keep on killing no matter what you do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bazer14

Very nice videos. Its great to see someone showing videos of him making mistakes and not getting 100-1 games the whole time.

You deserve way more views than your getting, get friendly with the COD Youtube community and they surely should rise. Check out a fellow Irish commentator IIIBreadIII. Maybe you could do a dual commentary with him :p

Anyway keep up the good work, subscribed.

Just went Flawless on Favela :)

Enjoy.

I'll have a commentary up tomorrow night, Can't get the xbox to work with the PVR so might not have a video of me playing :(

Tallon

Hey guys,

If you's really don't like these videos let me know!

I'd just rather put up something in between commentarys to keep you watching :)

Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm sad now :(
    I was looking forward to the next commentary...
    Still gave it a thumbs up though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

serves you right for being a camper im deilghted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Camping is sitting in a dark corner waiting for someone to walk by, it's not sniping from an open area (how much more open do you get?) for a whole minute.

Everything is regarded as camping apparently,you could be running around in the open making as much noise as possible while jumping around and letting off flashbangs to attract attention, dropping care packages on open parts of the map and someone would still accuse you of camping.

Its ironic that the people who complain about campers are more annoying than the campers themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

serves you right for being a camper im deilghted

On top of the plane in the middle of the map with a sniper rifle , no where really to hide and you call it camping.
    I dont get it :confused:

Cossax wrote: »
    Camping is sitting in a dark corner waiting for someone to walk by, it's not sniping from an open area (how much more open do you get?) for a whole minute.

it doesnt have to be a dark corner ;) Its basically waiting/lying down, while looking through the sights of your gun for some poor bastard to run by .

Tallon wasnt camping he was sniping . The thing I can't understand though is the amount of time he was up there until he was killed :eek:

• Advertisement

it doesnt have to be a dark corner ;) Its basically waiting/lying down, while looking through the sights of your gun for some poor bastard to run by .

Tallon wasnt camping he was sniping . The thing I can't understand though is the amount of time he was up there until he was killed :eek:

bunch of dumbasses on the other team:D surely one of them had the cop on after seeing their killcam to just lob a grenade at the plane? Thats why I dont mind campers so much, they lie in wait, they kill you, you know where they are, grenade in the window, problem solved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement