Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭djan

Hey guys got another nice commentary check it out guys.

Would appreciate if you could rate, comment & subscribe to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Nice spawn rape at the end. Should try n get some game play sound

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Djan, I'd subscribe but you playing only Domination(says on your profile I'm fairly sure) is a bit meh. As IMO, Domination is all about spawn trapping the other team.

You won't consider posting up varied game types?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Nice spawn rape at the end. Should try n get some game play sound

Ye I tried recording the sound but it ended up only recording what I said into the mic, so it was like me randomly saying '' ye got him, oh sh*t die'' and stuff like that :)
    Djan, I'd subscribe but you playing only Domination(says on your profile I'm fairly sure) is a bit meh. As IMO, Domination is all about spawn trapping the other team.

You won't consider posting up varied game types?

Well i do play a bit of S&D or FFA so yea could put them up btw I do have a FFA and a Sabotage video too :). Just that I find Domination a bit more faster paced and nicer to watch as the other can be a bit boring with all the interruptions. Ill up a few others oke :)

djan wrote: »
    Ye I tried recording the sound but it ended up only recording what I said into the mic, so it was like me randomly saying '' ye got him, oh sh*t die'' and stuff like that :)

Well i do play a bit of S&D or FFA so yea could put them up btw I do have a FFA and a Sabotage video too :). Just that I find Domination a bit more faster paced and nicer to watch as the other can be a bit boring with all the interruptions. Ill up a few others oke :)

Alright sound. I';ll

Personally find Domination boring myself unless it's a close match and the majority of people are bothering to capture flags. Too many people post Dom, FFA and TDM matches on Youtube IMO.

Will check out the sabotage video later.

• Advertisement

This is how you commentate Tallon and djan:D
    NSFW btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

NSFW btw
    Lol..what a fecking dude.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

NSFW btw

Thats brilliant best commentary ever..PMSL........" shooting at an eight foot guy when he's kneeling... like a dumbass.." :D
    "then i throw my care package err i mean camp package..":D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Thats brilliant best commentary ever..PMSL........" shooting at an eight foot guy when he's kneeling... like a dumbass.." :D
    "then i throw my care package err i mean camp package..":D:D:D

him >>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone thats every commented on anything ever

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

can i request that Tallon uses this "style" is all his videos from now on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think I speak for everyone that THIS GUY OWNS ALL !

It's been taken down ages ago but his Commando rant video is right up there with the funniest vids ever posted on Youtube :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lol that was brilliant "then I go here cos some dumbass always runs through here, so i get him!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hey guys,

Sorry about the wait, been a very busy bee, and been uploading some Bastard videos :)

What do you think about Shammys post:
    Shammy wrote:
    Tallon uses mods on his analogue sticks , some my think thats cheating

it really got me thinking that these things can be considered 'mods'

I can play without them but they really do make the pad more comfortable.

Whats your take on them?

Cheers

Tallon

Its a video game man, who really cares. Just enjoy the game and use what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I used your name as i knew you used them , in the sentence that i used it , i think of them the same as turtle beaches (which i have).
    They give an advantage but imo its not cheating as they are licenced.
    In regards to the elevator glitch i dont consider it as cheating as more often than not its easier to kill them than the other way round.
    Glitching to 10th prestige imo is not cheating either once again because its not disrupting any public room and the only person that looks like a fool is the person that has glitched to 10th prestige and finishes mid table to bottom.

Cheating on this game imo is , modded controllers, as in rapid fire (most notable with ppl using the fal) boosting of any kind in a public room.
    Oh yeah and noob tubes with oma and danger close :D

The pad thing doesnt bother me at all, if it makes them more comfy then fine, its not going to make you a better player in the sense hat you'll whack a pair of these things on then suddenly ruin everyone because of your skillz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

To me, it's like saying that someone is cheating because they're sitting on a comfier seat than me... Makes no sense. You could argue between wired and wireless controllers, headsets, whether you're in your pyjamas and slippers or not etc...

Well having only recently used the ps3 pad for the first time and i thought it was a horrible fit imho,so no I wouldnt have a problem.

I think having a good soundsystem,headphones whatever are legit ways of giving yourself an advantage.Its ingame boosting/glitching that piss me off more.

I think the game is enjoyable as it is,just imagine what it could be like without all the crap

• Advertisement

I play at night, with lights off, with my tv pulled up close to my bed, and on a paid of really good Sennheiser headphones, can hear footsteps a mile away, that doesnt make me any more better a player than anyone else, for every advantage theres a counter. Thats one of the reasons I love playing it, people can give out about the perks all the want, but imo if everyone was on equal ground all the time itd get pretty dull , finding ways around peoples perks and weapons is what keeps me interested in playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Tallon wrote: »

Whats your take on them?

Cheers

Tallon

First off great vid Tallon, you clearly own.

As for the FPS Freeks mods, I can't really say with any real conviction (because I've never used em) that they help with accuracy significantly but I'd imagine due to the basic principal that they might. Honestly I think if I were playing someone using those mods I'd be pissed if they were sitting right beside me, but since I generally have no idea online the problem sort of takes a back seat. From your vid I'd imagine you'd perform very well ingame anyway without the mods.

It's similar to running a marathon, you go out and buy these expensive lightweight Nikes, run a better time than someone in old Hi-Techs or something, you're making use of what assets you have that someone else either can't or doesn't know about to win, is it fair, I'm not sure?

Tallon my 7 year old thinks your a good sniper but you use bad words!lol

**Note to self mute sound next time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Tallon my 7 year old thinks your a good sniper but you use bad words!lol

**Note to self mute sound next time:D

good to see you connecting with the next generation there tallon!!
    Its a good, solid way to develop the brand, i suppose.
    Bodes well for the long term picture of the business!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

All I will add is that there is a huge difference between the FPS Freakz and an actual modded controller with auto/semi-auto triggers - I don't consider the Freakz 'cheating' and certainly not headsets!

I know it's a game and not really meant to be taken that seriously but all those levels, prestiges etc. are to indicate some sort skill or effort put in so if you glitch or cheat your way to 10th prestige or all emblems and titles, it does mess things up - especially with matchmaking

Jev/N wrote: »

I know it's a game and not really meant to be taken that seriously but all those levels, prestiges etc. are to indicate some sort skill or effort put in so if you glitch or cheat your way to 10th prestige or all emblems and titles, it does mess things up - especially with matchmaking

Actually it doesnt , on the account that i play mw2 with its 3 prestige and even when i was on second prestige , there is hardly ever a game that i go into with having at least one or more 9th prestige or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Yo dudes,
    I'm an average player. K/D is 0.98.
    I play with the freaks and tbh it does feel slightly more comfortable with the sensitivity level increased. I also play in my mates gaff and he does not have the freaks, when I try and use his sensitivity level (minus the freaks) I really feel the difference and find I'm way overcompensating.

I think they are great, cheap aswell so its not as if they are unattainable or anything.
    I don't think it's in the same league as the modded controllers or boosting.

I might invest in the Turtle Beach headphones soon as hearing those footsteps racing towards you really does help !

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Sorry about the wait, been a very busy bee, and been uploading some Bastard videos :)

What do you think about Shammys post:

Whats your take on them?

Cheers

After watching the vid and hearing what you had to say plus the one line quote that is put in, i dont think its fully understood as to what i was trying to get across.

The kid did an elevator glitch in a match , up toi that point in time that was all we knew he had done.
    Naming and shaming was up to you, i found a few of the comments a little harsh towards him , afterall its a stupid glitch which personally i have no problem with as i find them easy to kill when up there .After reading the comments that all cheating is bad and blah blah, i wrote
    Shammy wrote: »
    Its a glitch get over it, does it really interfere with online gaming , no not that elevator glitch, does it give an advantage , not in my opinion.
    Tallon uses mods on his analogue sticks , some my think thats cheating.
    Thoses that use turtlebeaches also have an advantage is that cheating .

It seemed that alot of people have an holier than thou attitude when it comes to someone else "cheating" so i sarcastically put in about the fps freeks and headsets.
    NOTE: i didnt mention modded pads or leaving the map as they are a cheat.

So Tallon rest assured your fps freeks are ok, and no it wasnt a dig at you if thats what you thought.

I think that explains everything , any questions post here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

claiva wrote: »
    I might invest in the Turtle Beach headphones soon as hearing those footsteps racing towards you really does help !

Have you tried them yet, or are you just going on the basis of what you've heard from me or from Boards?

My problem is that I hate all the in game noise that IW have put in. The music, the voiceover chatter. Sometimes it can be quite hard even with the headsets on. Or also, I find that I turn down the volume as the noise from the AirSupport can be deafing when it screams in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

shawpower wrote: »
    Have you tried them yet, or are you just going on the basis of what you've heard from me or from Boards?

My problem is that I hate all the in game noise that IW have put in. The music, the voiceover chatter. Sometimes it can be quite hard even with the headsets on. Or also, I find that I turn down the volume as the noise from the AirSupport can be deafing when it screams in.

Hhmmm...Are you thinking of selling ?
    I'm only going on what yourself and a few others have said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement