Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

claiva wrote: »
    Hhmmm...Are you thinking of selling ?
    I'm only going on what yourself and a few others have said.

They are quality , i think Robs old age is getting to him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Hhmmm...Are you thinking of selling ?
    I'm only going on what yourself and a few others have said.

God no. I use them the whole time. They are class. I'm just giving out a little about IW and the unnecessary background noise they put in the game.

Another minor gripe I have is when your own team calls in a EMP. The whole screen goes white. I think that's cost me my death a couple of times as I lose track of someone when blinded by that. Another minor quibble given how rare the EMP is, but just something that annoys now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

shawpower wrote: »
    God no. I use them the whole time. They are class. I'm just giving out a little about IW and the unnecessary background noise they put in the game.

I see. I haven't looked, but can't you change the individual volume of these things ?
    Like in the soccer and golf games you can increase/decrease the volume of commentary, crowd noise etc etc...
    Which headphones would you recommend ?

I see. I haven't looked, but can't you change the individual volume of these things ?
    Like in the soccer and golf games you can increase/decrease the volume of commentary, crowd noise etc etc...

I did have a quick look, but couldn't see anything. When you go to options while in game, I'm pretty sure it isn't an option. Obviously they don't want people soung-whoring too much.

I've only really tried the TurtleBeach X1's that I have. I think they've since been superceded by another model, which is probably why I got them fairly cheap.

Mine are wired, which isn't a problem for me as I've my own Man-Cave area, but if you're in your main living room, wireless might be better as the cable is quite long. (maybe 8 metres?). So even if you aren't using them, there's a lot of wire to hide away. The troube with the Wireless is that they'll probably chew through batteries, so make sure you buy a recharger. This is the reason I went with the wired ones.

Mine are also just stereo sound. If you can afford it, I'd say maybe go for the surround sound ones. There are times when I hear footsteps, but it takes me a while to figure out their exact direction due to only having stereo effect. But when I looked, the prices were ~€60 compared to over €200 iirc so I couldn't justify the added expense.

Maybe some of the others here might offer their thoughts, and there are a few threads in the XBox forum about headphones also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000089GN3/

I use these, Sennheiser px100's for smaller headphones the bass off them is pretty hefty, and they're much clearer audio than my older earmuff style ones.

• Advertisement

I use these http://turtlebeach.com/products/efx3a/home.aspx , no difference to the x31 except on looks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Shammy wrote: »
    I use these http://turtlebeach.com/products/efx3a/home.aspx , no difference to the x31 except on looks .

They are the wireless equivalent of mine. How often are you changing batteries on those Shammy?

shawpower wrote: »
    They are the wireless equivalent of mine. How often are you changing batteries on those Shammy?

I picked a set of 4 duracell rechargeable s with a charger, i have to change them maybe once a week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Tallon, what software package do you use for editing?

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Tallon, what software package do you use for editing?

Sony Vegas Pro 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That music is shocking lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

I picked a set of 4 duracell rechargeable s with a charger, i have to change them maybe once a week .

I consider that cheating...

Just joking! :D

So about the same frequency as charging the batteries for the controller?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I use this one, 5.1 dolby digital, works great on both PS3 and XBOX

http://www.sharkoon.com/html/produkte/archive/x-tatic5.1/index_en.html

question, on maps do the spawn points stay the same or does it change depending on where enemies from the other team are? take wasteland, if you spawn by the helicopter to begin the match will you spawn roughly around there from then on? I cant say I've ever paid much notice to it i just run as soon as I spawn to get whoever killed me :) I know on Highrise you can make the other team spawn in the opposite building by running around the one you're in.

It changes depending on the ratio of players on both teams.

I know where all the spawn points are (slowly making a guide) and thats how I trapped them, I knew that after killing 7 of them by the church they would all start to spawn at the opposite end, near the hellicopter.

I sped up the video because it really is very far :p

aha, that makes sense. I do get really random spawn points on Wasteland at times, wierdest is when you get chucked into the underground part as theres a huge fight going on in there, you normally dont last long when that happens.

krudler wrote: »
    aha, that makes sense. I do get really random spawn points on Wasteland at times, wierdest is when you get chucked into the underground part as theres a huge fight going on in there, you normally dont last long when that happens.

Thats Exactly what was happening in that game, the morons all ran for the bunker and stayed in there the whole time... watch the radar! Thats why I had to leave the herd and destroy them myself

• Advertisement

You get spawned in an area that the game determines as safe. It picks out where your team are and where the opposition are. That's why sometimes if you are in the midst of the enemy killing them, you'll see a guy you've just killed respawn behind you and get instant revenge. Because there are so many of his teammates around, and you aren't looking at the area at that second, the game decides it's safe for him to spawn there. Kind of a problem for you when you are being very aggressive.

Also, on highrise (since you mentioned it) it's very easy to spawn trap, particularly in Domination. If you hold B and C flags, you know the enemy will spawn in the A area. This means the back room. As long as no one on your team goes in the windows, they'll keep appearing there. You can stand on the ground outside the windows shooting in as they come out of that room, and they'll never spawn anywhere else. Once you breach that line though, the game determines that it is now an unsafe place for them to respawn, so they'll flip to another area. Normally the C flag, as you have left that area empty and will usually have people around the B spawn.

It's very easy to predict spawn areas in game modes like Domination or capture the flag. Not quite as easy to do in TDM as people are always moving around the map. If you keep an eye on the mini map, it is possible, but not as easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    That music is shocking lol

I disagree, I thought it fit the video well. Enjoyed that video gotta say. Think Tallons videos are the best, he's class at the game (ok there is better but meh) but he's videos are good to watch. A lot of them funny

Keep up the good work boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Trilla wrote: »
    brilliant

He turned left then right no? Either way its funny

The game makes characters do moves, watch a team-mate some time if he's standing in the same spot for a few seconds and he'll wave you on or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

One of my mates had a bastard moment there in a game of domination, except he was the bastard..

He went 25-0 , got a nuke, before the scores had even reached 100. Then we let the other team capture everything and dominate the game. with 5 points left before they won he activated the nuke... they werent happy...

good times...:D

Hey guys,

quick video for you's while I organise all my recordings :)

Cheers

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Nice choice of song there Tallon, must dig out that Album, Havent heard it in years!

Edit: oh yeah, nice vid too Thanks!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great music, brings me back to my Tony Hawk playing days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Tallonted, you should do a video on the best places to put a Sentry Gun.

Tallonted, you should do a video on the best places to put a Sentry Gun.

I got a nice spot the other day for one of these. It was on Underpass. I hardly ever use Sentry Gun, and hadn't ever used it on this map. So I was a bit unsure where to put it when I got it.

I went to the back carpark to drop the flare and picked it up without too much bother. Then I wandered around to see where the action was. They were all on the Village side of the river. So I decide to climb the ladder of one of the pillars and set it on the platform aiming over the river.

Then I did something stupid. Because I'd not been up there before, I didn't realise that a fall from there was fatal. So instead of lying down and waiting for it to get my two more kills for my harriers, I jumped. Queue my swift death. Salt in the wound was that the sentry got about 4-5 kills before it died, and I'd have gotten my Harriers and PaveLow if I'd have just waited a few seconds. Oh well.

Another decent spot I find is on top of the roofs of the Shanty Town section. Both really fulfill the keys to placing your sentry gun. It should have quite a good view of a busy central section of the map, but also be quite awkward to get to kill.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't have got your harriers.... A sentry gun doesnt count towards your kilstreaks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement