Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

You sure? I thought a sentry gun from a care package didn't, but the actual sentry gun did itself? I thought all the killstreaks were fixed in the recent XBOx update, so now PaveLow etc works all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

shawpower wrote: »
    You sure? I thought a sentry gun from a care package didn't, but the actual sentry gun did itself? I thought all the killstreaks were fixed in the recent XBOx update, so now PaveLow etc works all the time...
    I think it counts towards your killstreak if you get the Sentry Gun, call it in and use it and get kills without dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Anything you get from a package does not count towards your killstreak,unless your playing a game with rounds and you keep it for the next round.

@ Tallon , i noticed there were a couple running around with tactical knives in that video , you had no problem dropping them either ;)

Not quite right guys. As I thought, a sentry gun taken from a Care Package will not count, while one called in as the 5 Kills reward will count with one proviso. Only the first sentry gun called in will add to your killstreak. Since they are so rare, that really doesn't affect it overly. So effectively, they do count. And since you can often get 4-5 kills from a well positioned one it might be worth using them more often. The problem is that you expose your self big style when placing one, and really to get the true benefit, you nearly need to go and hide for the 90 seconds it lasts to make sure you get all it's kills without you dying. But it might be a good way of getting to high streaks? 5-9-11 anyone? :)

Source: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Sentry_Gun

I was lead to believe that anything that came from a care-package/a drop did not count , seems i was wrong .

Pave Lows are currently glitched and only count for your killstreak on your first life. If you have died, and then get a Pave Low, it will NOT count for your killstreak. Pave Lows are also easily destroyed by Harriers like all other Helicopters in the airspace.
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Pavelow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Shammy wrote: »
    I was lead to believe that anything that came from a care-package/a drop did not count , seems i was wrong .

Pave Lows are currently glitched and only count for your killstreak on your first life. If you have died, and then get a Pave Low, it will NOT count for your killstreak. Pave Lows are also easily destroyed by Harriers like all other Helicopters in the airspace.
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Pavelow

I think this is only for PC and PS3, since the stimulus pack came up it seems to be fixed for the XBOX. I will try it tonight and let you know!

Praetor wrote: »
    I think this is only for PC and PS3, since the stimulus pack came up it seems to be fixed for the XBOX. I will try it tonight and let you know!

Yeah, I also think the update fixed the problem with PaveLow.

shawpower wrote: »
    Yeah, I also think the update fixed the problem with PaveLow.

I know the update did NOT fix the problem with the pavelow, for me i still have to get the tenth kill for it to count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

Tallonted, you should do a video on the best places to put a Sentry Gun.

On scrapyard place one in the very corner behind where the truck is, on top of the truck is pretty sweet as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

quick video for you's while I organise all my recordings :)

Cheers

Tallon

Thumbs up for the "thats what she said remark"

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tallonted, you should do a video on the best places to put a Sentry Gun.

Common sense should dictate where you put a sentry in all fairness :pac:

Common sense should dictate where you put a sentry in all fairness :pac:

I guess but there might be secret spots know on knows of like on the greenhouse in Estate.

Today I was playing Rundown and I put it where the machiene gun torrent is and got loads of kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Cheers tallon, for the vids. very informative.
    am level 38 and progressing nicely. got some nice little pointers from ya.
    cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

New video guys, think I'll record a dual comm tonight with Clintmeatwood1 :)

Thanks to everyone whos rating the videos and commenting on them

Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lol "hello kitty machine gun" :D

I havent gone near the house in FFA on estate in a while, I prefer to scout around the outskirts and pick people off..

completely agree about people in the house in Domination as well, get out and do something! I was playing it last week and spawned in there, and there were two of my team camped out, one in the upstairs jacks and the other in the bedroom with a sniper rifle, and to make it worse an annoucnement that "we're losing A!" came on, and the two of them just fcuking sat there! A is right outside the back window of the house, twats, I went out to try defend it, granted there were two of them and I got my ass shot, but still..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Great vids Tallon

I had a Bastard moment today,

It was on Afghan, got 3 knife kills with the revolver with tactical knife, and i got a uavblank.gif then i got another kill and i got a care package,blank.gif then i got another kill and got a predator missile,blank.gif so im on a 5 killstreak, then i hid and used the predator and i got 5 kills with it !!! , so im on a 10 kill streak now !, then i used the care package and it was a chopper gunnerblank.gif, then an enemy came out of nowhere and killed me and took the chopper gunner:mad:blank.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You're right though about the house in Dom. I played MW2 during the free Steam weekend and got a match of Dom, and my entire team just camped the house...

I was the only one running around trying to cap the points. By the end of it my K/D was horrendous but I had just as many points as the top two or three because of the bonuses from capping.

Dumb bloody idiots the lot of them...

Majority of maps have a focal point(sometimes 2) where all the action takes place in fairness.

It is annoying. Domination and TDM are the worst for seeing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You know what I hate...all those clowns uploading game videos on youtube and then adding some loudass music so you can't hear a bloody thing..
    I don't even bother watching them after that..if you video needs music then it's not worth a ****.

Berkut wrote: »
    You know what I hate...all those clowns uploading game videos on youtube and then adding some loudass music so you can't hear a bloody thing..
    I don't even bother watching them after that..if you video needs music then it's not worth a ****.

Do you mean these videos or videos in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

videos in general.. I was just looking at one..it was the ultimate Serenity blooper reel. Except the guy removed the audio and played music instead..wtf? it's a blooper video not bloody 50 cents.

That was like a 10 minute video telling us to say away from the house!

very good dublin dude. we now know you can read video names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I actually want a hello kitty machine gun now... :(

In fairness, if there was an option for pink guns or whatever, I'd take it in a flash, because I remember how back when I was playing WoW, people would get really annoyed when killed by something girly, and that always makes you perform badly. Great way to fcuk with people's heads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

hello-kitty-ak47.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Tallon wrote: »
    very good dublin dude. we now know you can read video names

I think the point he's trying to make is you rambled for about ten minutes about the same point :p You should write a script or something..

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    hello-kitty-ak47.jpg

Is it wrong I want that ^ :pac:

hellokittygun.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Is it wrong I want that ^ :pac:

hellokittygun.jpg

The bloke standing behind him makes that photo.

Dual live video commentary? What do you guys think?
    I don't think it's been done before

• Advertisement

Kill me once shame on you , kill me twice shame on me;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement