Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

definitely up for more dodgeball!

Keep the vids comin too always enjoyable and informative.

I actually killed you in a game yesterday and sadly was happy about it as you don't die too often, and i am not good. Sometimes better to be lucky than good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

"I was trapped in the building , you can see red dots all around me"

that made me laugh ............there wasnt a lad within an ass's roar of you .

Let 1:15 be a lesson to anyone thats thinking about walking backwards into a room/building while setting a claymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

One of my own teammates was a bastard earlier, I was 1 kill short of a chopper gunner, was running toward a guy with his back to me, easy kill, and one of my stupid teammates noobtubed in the window and blew the claymore he had facing in the opposite direction, I would have killed him without touching it, what a knob. He didnt even know the guy was there just launced a random grenade in the window

"I was trapped in the building , you can see red dots all around me"

that made me laugh ............there wasnt a lad within an ass's roar of you .

Let 1:15 be a lesson to anyone thats thinking about walking backwards into a room/building while setting a claymore

I actually agree with this, the closest guy was a good two buildings away, that aint being trapped, as for the guy camping on the stairs, bank shot stun grenade, run in, stabby stabby, problem sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Damnit, that song is in my head now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

shawpower wrote: »
    You get spawned in an area that the game determines as safe. It picks out where your team are and where the opposition are. That's why sometimes if you are in the midst of the enemy killing them, you'll see a guy you've just killed respawn behind you and get instant revenge. Because there are so many of his teammates around, and you aren't looking at the area at that second, the game decides it's safe for him to spawn there. Kind of a problem for you when you are being very aggressive.

Also, on highrise (since you mentioned it) it's very easy to spawn trap, particularly in Domination. If you hold B and C flags, you know the enemy will spawn in the A area. This means the back room. As long as no one on your team goes in the windows, they'll keep appearing there. You can stand on the ground outside the windows shooting in as they come out of that room, and they'll never spawn anywhere else. Once you breach that line though, the game determines that it is now an unsafe place for them to respawn, so they'll flip to another area. Normally the C flag, as you have left that area empty and will usually have people around the B spawn.

It's very easy to predict spawn areas in game modes like Domination or capture the flag. Not quite as easy to do in TDM as people are always moving around the map. If you keep an eye on the mini map, it is possible, but not as easy.

i notice that teams tend to spawn near other teammates . more noticable on a large map like say wasteland . i tend to run laps on that sometimes just to try a little lone wolf out (never lasts long :p) anyway first few minutes the teams do be spawning at the original starting points . soon as i start my laps i notice teammates spawning around me and i leave a little trail of team members behind me

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

hi tallon can you do a commentary on "rust"?

just for a few tips on how to play it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

spudwiser wrote: »
    hi tallon can you do a commentary on "rust"?
    just for a few tips on how to play it?

I'll try, it's very hard to get a game on rust though :(

Hey guys,

Finally a video on subase.... Hope the new maps are good, getting tonight maybe :)

Tal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

good vid again lad!

As a matter of interest what screen are you using?

I am curious also as to why you dont use acog on your assault rifles?

cheers,

• Advertisement

good vid again lad!

cheers,

Cheers man
    I'm using a 42Inch 1080p samsung
    I find the Acog's are crap at close range and just find they obstruct the view too much.. i think i'll set one tonight and record a few games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

You got killed by a guy with the Striker shotty. Must have been just after the pred hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/23/new-study-compares-360-ps3-consumers/

Considering the average age from my friends list is about 32 it seems right, you get screaming kids on the ps3 too ;)

good vid again lad!

cheers,

Never use em myself either, find they obstruct too much of the screen and take too long to aim with, red dots ftw. With the Famas and a red dot you can pretty much snipe people from across a map, always get long distance kills on wasteland and quarry with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Finally a video on subase.... Hope the new maps are good, getting tonight maybe :)

Tal

Good vid .........more of the assult rifles less of the snipers though . Boring after a while .

Trying to enter a game on the new maps not having them lolz

Also , youre probably better off leaving it for a few days anyway until you can pick what game mode you want to play . Its ****e at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hey guys,

That was one damn epic Predator at 5:00.

Also, I wouldn't beat yourself up over not having the maps. I mean, seriously, €15 for just three new maps and two maps they probably just lifted the code straight out of CoD4 and plonked it in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

nice vid man,i dont know how you dislike derailed,im all about it, i agree 100% about what you were saying about the xbox users,nt if you notice on call of duty vids on youtube, you allway's see some muppet who has an xbox slagging ps3's, have you ever thaught of maken a search and destroy video,i hated it at the start but now thats all i play,its leathal when you get the hang of it. Also i dont know how people play with the famas and m16 im muck usen them,they do my nugget,cheers tallon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Playing on XBox is about like playing WoW, lots of moaning shrieking whining children. The difference is, there's no group of calmer people to make sure you play with.

The constant chatting is an absolute disaster. I've only ever used it when playing with my mates, (which is relatively frequent, few times a week really) but some of the twats you hear in general games...

How I miss PC gaming. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Playing on XBox is about like playing WoW, lots of moaning shrieking whining children. The difference is, there's no group of calmer people to make sure you play with.

The constant chatting is an absolute disaster. I've only ever used it when playing with my mates, (which is relatively frequent, few times a week really) but some of the twats you hear in general games...

How I miss PC gaming. :pac:

Re: Xbox
    You guys know its very easy to mute individual people in your game right ?
    And you can change your privacy settings so that you can only hear your friends ?
    And, the matchmaking is far better now in that very few Spanks turn up in your room.

This is NOT the place for fanboys counter slagging each others console of choice.

, i agree 100% about what you were saying about the xbox users,nt if you notice on call of duty vids on youtube, you allway's see some muppet who has an xbox slagging ps3's, nugget,cheers !

For all the ignorant ps3 users out there , i was on cod 4 on the ps3 where the vast majority of people didnt have mics the few that did were kids who blared loud music or didnt know how to set there mic settings.

For those with problems on the xbox with screaming kids , i rarely come across it , also there is an option to have chat on friends only.

Every one has there preference to there console fair enough , i have both and have my preference.
    Keep it sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

claiva wrote: »
    Re: Xbox
    You guys know its very easy to mute individual people in your game right ?
    And you can change your privacy settings so that you can only hear your friends ?
    And, the matchmaking is far better now in that very few Spanks turn up in your room.

This is NOT the place for fanboys counter slagging each others console of choice.

Ah yeah, I know all that. Merely a general observation.

I'm not a very good fanboy anyway.

Shammy wrote: »
    For all the ignorant ps3 users out there , i was on cod 4 on the ps3 where the vast majority of people didnt have mics the few that did were kids who blared loud music or didnt know how to set there mic settings.

For those with problems on the xbox with screaming kids , i rarely come across it , also there is an option to have chat on friends only.

Every one has there preference to there console fair enough , i have both and have my preference.
    Keep it sensible.

if you read what i wrote i mention nothing about mics,just about bellends slagging of consols

, i agree 100% about what you were saying about the xbox users,
    Tallon mentioned something about screaming kids(cant remember exactly) said the ps3 community was more laid back.
    nt if you notice on call of duty vids on youtube, you allway's see some muppet who has an xbox slagging ps3's,

and the flip side of what you wrote is this
    nt if you notice on call of duty vids on youtube, you allway's see some muppet(tallon) who has an ps3 slagging xbox's,

Now while you see it on youtube , it shouldnt be brought on here otherwise we will be arguing till the cows come home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Let's get back on topic and stop this whole PS3 vs Xbox malarkey please.

Shammy wrote: »
    Tallon mentioned something about screaming kids(cant remember exactly) said the ps3 community was more laid back.

and the flip side of what you wrote is this

Now while you see it on youtube , it shouldnt be brought on here otherwise we will be arguing till the cows come home.
    i stand corrected,but i do hate idiots slaggin consols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hey tallon, in your last vid there you were wondering how you got called in between your predator and harrier kill streak? You mentioned that you would go back and check the kill reel to find out. How do you check the kill reel cheers?

raheny red wrote: »
    Hey tallon, in your last vid there you were wondering how you got called in between your predator and harrier kill streak? You mentioned that you would go back and check the kill reel to find out. How do you check the kill reel cheers?

It's the little text that pops up in the bottom left of the screen as you kill people. Some guy killed me with a striker:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7517/killfeed.jpg

It only stays on the screen for a few seconds so you can't go back and view it if you miss it, except when your recording like me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

It's the little text that pops up in the bottom left of the screen as you kill people. Some guy killed me with a striker:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7517/killfeed.jpg

It only stays on the screen for a few seconds so you can't go back and view it if you miss it, except when your recording like me :)

D'oh :o, should have realised that you could rewind. When you mentioned it I was under the impression you could check it somewhere after the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

I didn't realise it was double xp even if you didn't get the maps :O must get on now! Can't get them until i get a psn card from xtra vision.

I'll be on tonight so looking forward to dodgeball, should be a good laugh.

Nice pred btw looks mad with 1k exp popping up.

• Advertisement

WTF is up with youtube... I've been trying to upload a video for days.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3775/scr8063983.jpg

Seriously, it's messed up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement