Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

have a video on what I think is my favourite stimulas map :)

Cheers

Tal

I'm getting the out of memory notice for a few months now so I'd say it has nothing to do with the update :confused: Maybe when you just play the game for a certain about of time ??

I had to laugh also ......where you say , "people are sooooo predictable , they go straight onto the roof" . What did you do as soon as you spawn near said roof ?? lol

I know I'll get slated but , it was just a little too defensive for my liking .......you are the host tbf

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

First person I've heard say that they do not like Crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

have a video on what I think is my favourite stimulas map :)

Cheers

Tal

Your getting better all the time , granted it is tdm and the object is to get more kills than deaths , but try and be a bit more offensive , ok you may die a little more but you'll get much more enjoyment out of the game.

Crash , salvage great maps for running and gunning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Yeah, I love crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I wasn't overly impressed with it at the beginning, even though I did really like it in Cod4. I am starting to enjoy it a bit more now.
    I think the TB's have helped !!!

• Advertisement

Well having not played Crash on MW2 I cannot really comment namely in regards to the killstreaks on the map. But in COD4 it's a very nicely designed map that is well balanced IMHO.

Crash is arguably one of the most popular map in COD games and I agree with that. Honestly have never heard someone say they dislike it especially if you played it on COD4 but anyway....

The new maps in general look rather poor. Though I think from what I've heard/seen Bailout is pretty good.

Well having not played Crash on MW2 I cannot really comment namely in regards to the killstreaks on the map. But in COD4 it's a very nicely designed map that is well balanced IMHO.

Crash is arguably one of the most popular map in COD games and I agree with that. Honestly have never heard someone say they dislike it especially if you played it on COD4 but anyway....

The new maps in general look rather poor. Though I think from what I've heard/seen Bailout is pretty good.

I find it the worst of the new ones. Seems to suffer really badly from Campers and NoobTubes. But then maybe that's just the games I've played so far and it'll improve...

shawpower wrote: »
    I find it the worst of the new ones. Seems to suffer really badly from Campers and NoobTubes. But then maybe that's just the games I've played so far and it'll improve...

Wasnt crazy about bailout at the start but its grown on me , but now the worst one has to be storm , it comes up every 2/3 turns and its turning into a right campy map.

this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I cant stand Storm, find it full of campers and its ugly. 2 cod4 maps are best imo, Bailout is good enuf, Salvage is not great either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Definitely prefer Storm but quite like Salvage when everyone is up for running and gunning. Bailout got quite samey samey for me after a while.

Stingers>Javelin without a doubt for airsupport anyways - plus you unlock it earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Crash is a great map, but if you get spawn trapped up in A during Dom it can be a nightmare. And I mean a nightmare.

Absolutely love it though.

What are people's feelings on Bailout? I think it's the most boring map in MW2 - it's not a bad map, it's just people only ever play the same way - hide in B or the building opposite with shotguns and claymores while snipers pick the rest off. It's... dull...

At least Salvage offers variety in terms of styles. Absolutely love Storm.

What are people's feelings on Bailout? I think it's the most boring map in MW2 - it's not a bad map, it's just people only ever play the same way - hide in B or the building opposite with shotguns and claymores while snipers pick the rest off. It's... dull...

Absolutely, as I said above, people's habits never seem to waver with that map. However, I do think it was one of the coolest (looking) maps when I saw it first, but that was about it.

More annoyingly, I seem to get overgrown the whole time, often it is every 2nd or 3rd map consistently and I've had a number of games recently where we vote down a map at the last second and the previously played pops up again! The system really needs to be sorted

Crash is a great map, but if you get spawn trapped up in A during Dom it can be a nightmare. And I mean a nightmare.

Absolutely love it though.

Ah of course. But that's the same for nearly every map more or less isn't it...
    I don't play Dom unless in Ground War with a party because it's all about getting two flags quickly and spawn trapping the other team. I despise it(along with FFA) with a passion and without wanting to blow my own trumpet I really never get spawn trapped unless I'm thrown into a game.

Bailout looks similar enough to Crossfire and I mentioned this a few times but it just suits my eye. Like for everyone there are just maps that you know more often enough you will dominate. I knew from just the loading screen I'd love Terminal for example and I do :pac: Bailout looks like one of those maps to me.

Salvage looks horrible. Shotgun/SMG fest.

Storm looks like a Vacant and Downpour hybrid. Was never too keen about Downpour.

edit - On another note I cannot believe people are giving out about Overgrown as well. Simple map design but it works so well on every game type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Ah

edit - On another note I cannot believe people are giving out about Overgrown as well. Simple map design but it works so well on every game type.
    Except it has been played to fukking death...if I want to play that map I will play MW1..simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Haven't got the map pack yet but Crash was great for a game of S&D back in COD4, good fast paced action and there weren't many places for campers to hide which is a bonus:) Crossfire was one of my favourites..anyone else like Strike back in the day too?:)

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Except it has been played to fukking death...if I want to play that map I will play MW1..simples

To a certain degree.. I agree with you.

I've decided not to buy the map pack a month or two ago anyway. Not like I cannot but it. Just cannot be arsed to spend set amount for 2 rehashed maps(both excellent yes) and 3 new sub-substandard maps. Maybe I will buy it sometime down the line but not in the short term.

Have to say, the new map pack(yes going on screenshots is a bit much) looks very promising. Strike is my favourite map and the new maps look good as well. So I could be tempted into buying that. I'll see how it goes.

this .

What?

What?

I highlighted a portion of what that poster said ..........then said "this"

as in "this" is what I agree with .

Youve been on this forum for 4 years and you havnt seen that before :confused:

I highlighted a portion of what that poster said ..........then said "this"

as in "this" is what I agree with .

Youve been on this forum for 4 years and you havnt seen that before :confused:

I was the poster. And since I asked you what you meant, I guess it's a giveaway I didn't know what you meant. I normally see +1 when someone agrees with a post etc. ;)

I joined 4 years ago, but only started posting regularly around December last year.

• Advertisement

I was the poster. And since I asked you what you meant, I guess it's a giveaway I didn't know what you meant. I normally see +1 when someone agrees with a post etc. ;)

I joined 4 years ago, but only started posting regularly around December last year.

Well excuse me for not going back to see who actually posted it :rolleyes:

as regards to +1/this

Thats the great thing about the net , you learn something new everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

great vid Tallon...

funnily enough played a similar game the other night on Storm
    claymore'd my self into that building and the other team were
    like a magnet to me !

using a similar setup as well

ACR + red dot
    SPAS shottie
    Scavenger
    Stopping Power
    Sit Rep

claymore + flash grenade

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

what gun were you using in that video tallon?
    looks like an acr but differernt

spudwiser wrote: »
    what gun were you using in that video tallon?
    looks like an acr but differernt

ACR w/Red Dot - says it at the start and every so often in the bottom left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Tallon, not sure if you know this site or not.

But might help to have stuff to say in your videos and stop you forgetting gun names and mixing up stuff.

I found it useful anyway, Goes through all perks, guns, accolades, kilstreaks etc in detail.

Modern Warfare Wikia

My hd pvr is due to arrive this week (hopefully) just wondering is your commentry live or do you do it after , as my ingame voice can be offensive at times.

Shammy wrote: »
    My hd pvr is due to arrive this week (hopefully) just wondering is your commentry live or do you do it after , as my ingame voice can be offensive at times.

Na man , very few people do them live . I'd say Tallon does them after :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Na man , very few people do them live . I'd say Tallon does them after :confused:

+1, sounds like after, hence the senility around gun names, which i find funny, keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeah after, I'm doing a few 'live' ones lately though. Cant upload them because of what you said above :p

• Advertisement

I'll just stick them on filefront so :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement