Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

How can someone complain of lag when they'e the host? Their in-game connection should be perfect and everyone else is 'responding' to their connection, or so I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭darraghwalsh100

hey man is it ok if i add you my psn is darraghwalsh100 i wont be on for a while as my ps3 is being repaired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hey guys,

Right so, listen to the video and see what you think of my idea! And please leave your suggestions on the video comments page on youtube as It's too hard to switch between here and youtube.

thanks guys

Tallon

Link

Click here to go to the comments page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

You have to be mixing the stinger up with something else :confused: Its by far the best launcher because it doesnt miss (apart from the flares)

As for the lad at the end of the match , the first time you shot him in the leg , then missed him altogether with the second shot .

Then the second time you did hit him but I'd say it would be a connection issue - he was a four bar you were a three :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Tallon,
    What sensitivity are you using at the moment ?
    I have the freeks and I'm at sensitivity level 5.

I usually use the Acr but do quite like sniping aswell.

• Advertisement

I wanna get used to using every weapon at high sensitivity because I tend to pick up different ones a lot and dont like changing options mid-game

Tallon wrote: »

I wanna get used to using every weapon at high sensitivity because I tend to pick up different ones a lot and dont like changing options mid-game

Whoah there horsey !!!
    I might increase mine a bit so.
    It takes a little gettin used to but its much better alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have mine at 8, much prefer it higher, you can whip your view around a lot better when entering a room or busy area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I range mine from 4 to 7 , without the freeks .

What difference do they make ?

Shammy wrote: »
    I range mine from 4 to 7 , without the freeks .

What difference do they make ?

More comfortable and better reaction time imo.

• Advertisement

claiva wrote: »
    Whoah there horsey !!!
    I might increase mine a bit so.
    It takes a little gettin used to but its much better alright.

The fact its good for Tallon doesnt mean its good for you , sensitivity settings are quite like putting in golf :p Very personal .

Last time I read/saw on the net

Hutch = 5
    Seananners = 3 or whatever the standard setting is :confused:
    zzir_G_rizz = 5/6

Ive also read that all the "pros" don't use higher than 5 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

The fact its good for Tallon doesnt mean its good for you , sensitivity settings are quite like putting in golf :p Very personal .

Hutch = 5
    zzir_G_rizz = 5/6

Get .. Off .. This .. Thread!!!
    Hah, Only joking ;)
    As you said a higher/lower sensitivity isn't something that's good for one person and just as good for the next

Hutch = 5
    zzir_G_rizz = 5/6

Well I think Hutch changes his depending on how alert a mood he's in !!!!

What about the Tactical Button setup ?
    Anyone use it ?

I like to use a Witch class sometimes if I'm being raped in a map, and I found the Tac setup to be a nightmare if you wanna stab peeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

claiva wrote: »
    Well I think Hutch changes his depending on how alert a mood he's in !!!!

What about the Tactical Button setup ?
    Anyone use it ?

I like to use a Witch class sometimes if I'm being raped in a map, and I found the Tac setup to be a nightmare if you wanna stab peeps.

I use tac layout. I am in more situations where I have to kneel down or go prone far more than when I am in a knife situation. And I will always prefer to fire than knife, unless I use the riot shield.
    It really depends on your style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Jev/N wrote: »
    Absolutely, as I said above, people's habits never seem to waver with that map. However, I do think it was one of the coolest (looking) maps when I saw it first, but that was about it.

More annoyingly, I seem to get overgrown the whole time, often it is every 2nd or 3rd map consistently and I've had a number of games recently where we vote down a map at the last second and the previously played pops up again! The system really needs to be sorted
    The new maps are more likely to come up. It's one of those things that gets a bit annoying. Every free for all lobby is either Crash or Storm. Variety is the spice of life.
    Ah of course. But that's the same for nearly every map more or less isn't it...
    I don't play Dom unless in Ground War with a party because it's all about getting two flags quickly and spawn trapping the other team. I despise it(along with FFA) with a passion and without wanting to blow my own trumpet I really never get spawn trapped unless I'm thrown into a game.

Bailout looks similar enough to Crossfire and I mentioned this a few times but it just suits my eye. Like for everyone there are just maps that you know more often enough you will dominate. I knew from just the loading screen I'd love Terminal for example and I do :pac: Bailout looks like one of those maps to me.

Salvage looks horrible. Shotgun/SMG fest.

Storm looks like a Vacant and Downpour hybrid. Was never too keen about Downpour.

edit - On another note I cannot believe people are giving out about Overgrown as well. Simple map design but it works so well on every game type.

Damn good trumpet playing. :p

Nah, I don't at all doubt you, I'm just fairly meh at the game. I'm average. No more nor less than that. I can get spawn trapped, and it's not always easy to get out.

Some maps are especially bad for spawn trapping, which is a shame.

I really love Storm, Overgrown and Crash. Salvage is a bit meh, but I'm getting better at it. Still not too keen on it as a concept though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The new maps are more likely to come up. It's one of those things that gets a bit annoying. Every free for all lobby is either Crash or Storm. Variety is the spice of life.

Damn good trumpet playing. :p

Nah, I don't at all doubt you, I'm just fairly meh at the game. I'm average. No more nor less than that. I can get spawn trapped, and it's not always easy to get out.

Some maps are especially bad for spawn trapping, which is a shame.

I really love Storm, Overgrown and Crash. Salvage is a bit meh, but I'm getting better at it. Still not too keen on it as a concept though.

If I'm playing Demolition, Sabotage, CTF or Ground War(Dom) and I'am really heavily spawn trapped I'd use a riot shield if I must.

COD players for the most do not think logically. For example the amount of times I've seen people spawn trapped on Highrise and trying the force their way out through the top floor/windows when all they have to do is go down the staircase where their is a higher chance of pushing up. Obviously all maps are different in the main and some are more difficult to approach. But there is always a way out be it through use weapons, perks, tactics etc.

Like I said, Dom is about spawn trapping the other team nothing more hence why I despise it even if I'm doing the spawn trapping ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If I'm playing Demolition, Sabotage, CTF or Ground War(Dom) and I'am really heavily spawn trapped I'd use a riot shield if I must.

COD players for the most do not think logically. For example the amount of times I've seen people spawn trapped on Highrise and trying the force their way out through the top floor/windows when all they have to do is go down the staircase where their is a higher chance of pushing up. Obviously all maps are different in the main and some are more difficult to approach. But there is always a way out be it through use weapons, perks, tactics etc.

Like I said, Dom is about spawn trapping the other team nothing more hence why I despise it even if I'm doing the spawn trapping ;)

I see this nearly every time I start a TDM game on Highrise, everyone will run out the main windows of whichever building we start in and and one will almost always get picked off by a sniper, I always go under and up the middle.

Something I've started doing recently is not legging for the main spots on maps straight away, I'm sure I'm not alone in the way TDM games play out for me, its fairly regular, you begin, the team normally heads in the same direction or a couple will breaks off to do their own thing, theres always a big fracas to begin with as the teams inevitably meet then things quieten down as people settle into the game and find whatever spots on the map they like. The amount of kills I've gotten by just hanging back for a minute then just moving from one camper/hotspot area to another is unreal, I spent ages doing this the other night and my win streak went from a pretty pathetic 9 to a slightly more respectable 17 matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

I don't like your man Tallon' videos at all for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Ryan! wrote: »
    I don't like your man Tallon' videos at all for some reason.

Nothing like some constructive criticism. ;)

Maybe if you can pinpoint what you don't like, Tallon can change/improve his commentary or tactics to suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Friend on my psn from my old clan did a vid

Contains some bad language btw :)

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Class ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

LOL "fuk off sniper c*nt,nothing better to do with your time??"!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

welsh is great for cursing, nearly as venomous as scottish!

good vid though.

I'm here p*ssin my ring laughin', best bits imo are:
    "Look at that c*nt lyin' on the floor, what does he want, a f*ckin pillow and a blanket?"
    And
    "Yea have it, of f*ck, I didn't kill him"

Have to admit, everything sounds better in welsh :D

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm here p*ssin my ring laughin', best bits imo are:
    "Look at that c*nt lyin' on the floor, what does he want, a f*ckin pillow and a blanket?"
    And
    "Yea have it, of f*ck, I didn't kill him"

Have to admit, everything sounds better in welsh :D

"Where the fcuk was he ? Hiding in a box like a little bitch"

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

Great vids Tallon, have been watching them here for a while, will subscribe to your channel soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Glad ye liked em, heres a link to his channel, few more there
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cmpughy#p/u

Glad ye liked em, heres a link to his channel, few more there
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cmpughy#p/u

Not at home now, but they'll all be watched really really soon :)

Just got my first Nuke :D

Posted it here cause i'm chuffed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055919555

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement