Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tallon wrote: »

Thats what you get for being cocky :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

krudler wrote: »
    Thats what you get for being cocky :p

Noone to blame but myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

2nd nuke i take it?

2nd nuke i take it?

Yep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

horrible music tallon tbh, i've kindaq finally got bord of the game i think too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I love the music! What is the song? I've an inkling it may be off the new Crystal Castles album, which I haven't got yet. Sounds like CC. Sorry offtopic ><

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Leeg17 wrote: »
    So that was you!! Ya bastard! :P
    I'd try and be "that bastard", if only my playstation would work with vodafone mobile broadband :(

iv a three broadband dongle

go to controll panel look for network then properties there should be a button that says sharing
    if that doesnt work youtube it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now that's what I consider to be "balls deep" in the action :P

Kersmash wrote: »
    I love the music! What is the song? I've an inkling it may be off the new Crystal Castles album, which I haven't got yet. Sounds like CC. Sorry offtopic ><

Sabrepulse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

iv a three broadband dongle

go to controll panel look for network then properties there should be a button that says sharing
    if that doesnt work youtube it

(Although I switched to three, and got it working in March :pac:)

Hey guys,

Here's the winning class, It's very annoying, but a lot of fun :p

Cheers

Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hey guys,

Cheers

Tallon

You should have shot down his Pavelow then called your's in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Hey guys,

Cheers

Tallon

Tallon I enjoy your videos but please don't turn into one of these arrogant "no-one should be able to kill me" Douchebags who blames his teammates for every one of your deaths..@ 5:33 you WOULDN'T have "got clean away" cos your opponent had a clear line of sight all the way down the laneway and would have killed you by the time you got to the corner, if anything your teammate is lucky you didn't get him killed when you turned back into him.......this vid is full (for want of a better word) idiotic "it's all my teammates fault" comments which I won't go into....
    It's a thing I've noticed creeping into MW2 videos (not just picking on you)..."oh my teammates suck" I even seen lately someone getting killed while using his Chopper Gunner and blamed his "useless teammates" for not protecting him while he was using it (nothing to do with his positioning, right where the enemy were spawning :rolleyes:) ...what the fook did he want them to do? everyone on his team to gather around him with Riotshields to make sure he didn't get killed..:confused::confused:

RANT OVER...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

SH4MR0CK007
    1 week ago 7
    Mp5
    tac knife
    marathon
    lightweight
    commando
    killstreaks : 7/9/11

map estate
    Most tend to use snipers on that map so you should have some fun.

No offence intended Shammy. But I'am surprised your class was most popular in the comments(I might have to recheck but it was the only one voted from what I saw).

There were more diverse and difficult classes in the comments excluding mine even. Don't think the class chosen was difficult to use. It's not the easiest but it's certainly not difficult for anyone who put some time into MW2.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but was commando even used?

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Tallon I enjoy your videos but please don't turn into one of these arrogant "no-one should be able to kill me" Douchebags who blames his teammates for every one of your deaths..

Point taken! :D

it's really my fault since I was rushing.... I suppose it's just the heat of the moment while commentating :)

thanks

Stupid teammates can be irritating though, I was the only one on my team with a mic the other night, opposing team got a care package, I was close enough to it when it landed and killed the guy who called it in, it was only an ammo drop so I left it. i told my team the same, and they fcuking kept trying to get over there like lemmings and getting murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

No offence intended Shammy. But I'am surprised your class was most popular in the comments(I might have to recheck but it was the only one voted from what I saw).

There were more diverse and difficult classes in the comments excluding mine even. Don't think the class chosen was difficult to use. It's not the easiest but it's certainly not difficult for anyone who put some time into MW2.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but was commando even used?

I put up that class for a reason , I wanted to see Tallon on the offensive, In using that class i was hoping he wouldnt be worried about dying and just enjoy a different playing style.Since that class got the most votes , i'm assuming others wanted to see the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Shammy wrote: »
    I put up that class for a reason , I wanted to see Tallon on the offensive, In using that class i was hoping he wouldnt be worried about dying and just enjoy a different playing style.Since that class got the most votes , i'm assuming others wanted to see the same.

And in fairness he did quite well with it too. 30:3 was it? Can't remember now. That's pretty good given he was in the middle of the map plenty of times.

One problem with your voting system Tallon, is that you're getting 8-10 people suggesting classes to use, but no one really voting for any of them.... Not sure how to resolve that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Jev/N wrote: »
    You should have shot down his Pavelow then called your's in!

With his Pistol? :-)

Right I have been playing MW2 since it came out and I have posted many posts on connection speeds, lag etc.. and I have come to learn from my own experience and watching videos like Tallons to know when people are running ahead of everyone else..(connection wise) and I think Tallon you were running way ahead of your enemies in this video.. For instance there is no way you should have been able to get that treble kill as easy as you did.. I have been on the receiving end of those kills on TDM's where 3 of us are shooting the one person and we all drop dead.

My own experience last Friday night for instance I was playing FFA and I won 4 in a row.. It's not that I am that good (I usually end up a few kills more that deads) it was that I was running ahead of everyone..I also went to different lobbies also to prove it wasn't just the players that were poor. The give away is when you win all the 50/50 battles and don't get bloodied up or very little..

Just my opinion.. Love the videos so keep them coming. I have gotten loads of tips from watching your videos.
    I would love to create a video (or Tallon to make one) of my usual game where I win very few 50/50 scenarios.. Look at kill cam and I am like a muppet running with my head down and not even shooting.

treatyman wrote: »
    With his Pistol? :-)

Right I have been playing MW2 since it came out and I have posted many posts on connection speeds, lag etc.. and I have come to learn from my own experience and watching videos like Tallons to know when people are running ahead of everyone else..(connection wise) and I think Tallon you were running way ahead of your enemies in this video.. For instance there is no way you should have been able to get that treble kill as easy as you did.. I have been on the receiving end of those kills on TDM's where 3 of us are shooting the one person and we all drop dead.

My own experience last Friday night for instance I was playing FFA and I won 4 in a row.. It's not that I am that good (I usually end up a few kills more that deads) it was that I was running ahead of everyone..I also went to different lobbies also to prove it wasn't just the players that were poor. The give away is when you win all the 50/50 battles and don't get bloodied up or very little..

Just my opinion.. Love the videos so keep them coming. I have gotten loads of tips from watching your videos.
    I would love to create a video (or Tallon to make one) of my usual game where I win very few 50/50 scenarios.. Look at kill cam and I am like a muppet running with my head down and not even shooting.

Connection is King in MW2. And there is nothing you can do about it, apart from enjoy when you're the beneficiary and move lobby when you're not.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shammy wrote: »

Fair enough though I doubt some of the people who voted had the same line of thinking when your proposed that class.

You don't see many vids with people using uzi, FAL, Vector, F2000, AT4(?), rocket launcher and the like. It would have been far more entertaining if any of those guns and/or launchers above were used IMO. Something different and standout from the crowd.

The choice I feel is very 'meh' regarding the MP5K. Unless you really messed it up with attachments like thermal or ACOG.
    While it's weak(with/without stopping power) is not a hard gun to use IMO if you use it in burst for the most part.

Anyway what's done is done, hopefully in your vids we see you mix it up a bit :)

Anyway what's done is done, hopefully in your vids we see you mix it up a bit :)

You can post a class on the latest video and get people to vote it up.
    I'm really not sure how I can get people to vote :(

maybe title the next video "give me a sh!t class" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

Maybe mix up your killstreaks for a change. try uav, c-uav and sentry and lock down part of the map.

maybe title the next video "give me a sh!t class" :p

I actually don't like the video's where someone is running with an UZI + acog or something as equally daft. I watch video's to try to learn from them. So since I'm never going to use a class like that, I don't see the point. Unless a commentator is very funny, I'll normally stop watching and go elsewhere on those types of videos. I don't have time to watch loads of video's so try to pick my selections on what commentators I'll learn something from, or be entertained over lunch by watching. So tips and funny commentary are what I like. Not daft gun combos. If you can link up a gun combination with tips, then happy days! :)

I've assigned one of my classes to random gun/perk combos, its fun mixing them up and seeing what works, you'd be suprised as to how well completely random combos can get you decent streaks

shawpower wrote: »
    Unless a commentator is very funny

:( I thought I was :p

good point, even if I get a terrible class, I'll try to give tips about using them

:( I thought I was :p

good point, even if I get a terrible class, I'll try to give tips about using them

What do they say about self praise?? :p

Here's a fun one to try. MG4 with Thermal. You'll get plenty of headshots for some reason, plus it has a beast of an ammo clip. It goes on for ever! Forget about moving around the map quickly....actually, it might suit you really well!! :p:p

• Advertisement

I stuck an ACOG scope on my RPD with grip and stopping power, its ****ing awesome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement