Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

shawpower wrote: »
    I actually don't like the video's where someone is running with an UZI + acog or something as equally daft. I watch video's to try to learn from them. So since I'm never going to use a class like that, I don't see the point. Unless a commentator is very funny, I'll normally stop watching and go elsewhere on those types of videos. I don't have time to watch loads of video's so try to pick my selections on what commentators I'll learn something from, or be entertained over lunch by watching. So tips and funny commentary are what I like. Not daft gun combos. If you can link up a gun combination with tips, then happy days! :)

But what is there to be learned at this stage? Genuine question.
    Tips, strategies, LP's and what not are all over the YouTube for the vast majority of popular games including MW2.

I want to be entertained now. I want to see a player do something unique and standout is all. I think more subs will be achieved as a result as well. Perhaps I'm asking too much, I really don't think so tbh.

Be it using a mixed up class nobody really uses and getting a good score. Or a nuke with no killstreaks. Or seeing someone playing the objective on say CTF or Sabotage and still getting a good score.

My suggestion in Tallon's vid comments section was perhaps a bit OTT considering the title. But even a FAL(which I seem to be only one I know who adores it :P) with Red Dot would be nice to see or an objective game that's not Domination.

Too many of the COD vids on YouTube are the same old recycled stuff with different accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

But what is there to be learned at this stage? Genuine question.
    Tips, strategies, LP's and what not are all over the YouTube for the vast majority of popular games including MW2.

I want to be entertained now. I want to see a player do something unique and standout is all. I think more subs will be achieved as a result as well. Perhaps I'm asking too much, I really don't think so tbh.

Be it using a mixed up class nobody really uses and getting a good score. Or a nuke with no killstreaks. Or seeing someone playing the objective on say CTF or Sabotage and still getting a good score.

My suggestion in Tallon's vid comments section was perhaps a bit OTT considering the title. But even a FAL(which I seem to be only one I know who adores it :P) with Red Dot would be nice to see or an objective game that's not Domination.

Too many of the COD vids on YouTube are the same old recycled stuff with different accents.

That's a good question, and here's a couple of thoughts on it.

If you're using the FAL, you should use the Holo sight instead. More damage from it, and there is an inaccuracy on the Red Dot. Maybe you knew that and prefer it anyway, if not then there's something that you hadn't learnt yet. :) I look on it that there is always something new to learn, and when there isn't, it's time for a new game to play cause I'll be bored.

I agree that most of the "tips" video's out there aren't actually really great for tips. However, there are a few commentators that bring out quality quality stuff that I learn from every time. ONS1AUGH7 is one who's quite new and is doing fantastic stuff. TmarTn has loads of fresh stuff as well that's great content. sasbenjr was doing great videos too, and kind of started what those two are now doing, but has moved onto BFBC2 recently. WoodysGamertag still has some good stuff too, but gets sidetracked a lot with other stuff. Those names are all correct if you want to search for them. I recommend the first couple a lot. Even WOR puts up some interesting bits now and then. Like the FMJ kills in SubBase that I told Kruder about. I only learned that a couple of weeks ago, so there is still loads to pick up on.

TBH, I find the new "tips" commentators above are doing fresher stuff than any other video's out there. Everyone has gone through the wierd combo's at this stage, and there's probably a nuke for every single combo on YouTube. There isn't anything unique or standout left to do, apart from the commentary styles of those guys I've listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

No offence to your commentators on youtube but a lot of them have no imagination on the perk side of things and even guns like FAMAS and M16 aren't exactly uncommon

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet but I would like to see something like:

L86 LSW w/FMJ or Grip

OMA
    Hardline
    Steady Aim/SitRep

M21 EBR w/ACOG

Marathon
    Cold Blooded
    Steady Aim

Jev/N wrote: »
    No offence to your commentators on youtube but a lot of them have no imagination on the perk side of things and even guns like FAMAS and M16 aren't exactly uncommon

Is that post in reference to Tallon, or my post above this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

He means people who comment on my videos with what class they want

I see where he's coming from, but I think most people dont want to see a funny / crazy class setup, they just want to see 'Their' fav weapon beeing used, and how others use it :)

• Advertisement

Just put up my suggestion. It's not a hugely imaginative one, but is somewhat unusual and would be fun to see how you get on.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That's a good question, and here's a couple of thoughts on it.

If you're using the FAL, you should use the Holo sight instead. More damage from it, and there is an inaccuracy on the Red Dot. Maybe you knew that and prefer it anyway, if not then there's something that you hadn't learnt yet. :) I look on it that there is always something new to learn, and when there isn't, it's time for a new game to play cause I'll be bored.

I agree that most of the "tips" video's out there aren't actually really great for tips. However, there are a few commentators that bring out quality quality stuff that I learn from every time. ONS1AUGH7 is one who's quite new and is doing fantastic stuff. TmarTn has loads of fresh stuff as well that's great content. sasbenjr was doing great videos too, and kind of started what those two are now doing, but has moved onto BFBC2 recently. WoodysGamertag still has some good stuff too, but gets sidetracked a lot with other stuff. Those names are all correct if you want to search for them. I recommend the first couple a lot. Even WOR puts up some interesting bits now and then. Like the FMJ kills in SubBase that I told Kruder about. I only learned that a couple of weeks ago, so there is still loads to pick up on.

TBH, I find the new "tips" commentators above are doing fresher stuff than any other video's out there. Everyone has gone through the wierd combo's at this stage, and there's probably a nuke for every single combo on YouTube. There isn't anything unique or standout left to do, apart from the commentary styles of those guys I've listed.

I think I'll just agree to disagree here.

Can't stress it enough, to succeed in this game(or any game) it is all about using your head and having a decent connection. The KISS rule applies IMO. Do that and you'll build up a good streak, get your air support up and then dominate the majority of the time. Only thing needs to really learned are the choke points on maps but that takes a game or two on a map. Nothing else is really needed to be learned unless playing SnD or involved in competitive gaming scene.

Re: the FAL like the AK47, I just prefer using the red dot sight. I use holographic for the majority of my guns/classes.

edit - WoodysGamertag is a very good commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Last night I was messing about and had this class:

Aug w/ grip
    G18 w/ red dot sight

Sleight of hand pro
    hardline
    sitrep

flash grenade
    throwing knife

Its actually a fun class, the Aug is nicely powerful and doesnt take as long to reload as the RPD or other LMGS, its like an assault rifle reload with SOH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just in reference to comments on youtube.
    Tallon wrote: »
    He means people who comment on my videos with what class they want

I see where he's coming from, but I think most people dont want to see a funny / crazy class setup, they just want to see 'Their' fav weapon beeing used, and how others use it :)

I understand what you mean, it's all personal preference - I just see the LMG's as a bit more of a challenge, same as the rushing class was a challenge to your style. I mean you can essentially snipe with a burst assault rifle

edit: different perk combinations would be my main ask anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Did a few vids of me playing and getting pissed off!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/cmpughy

Wha u think? also a few intervention vids there!

Tis only for a laugh!;)

Plez comment and subscribe! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Kev posted up one a while back , they're very good , i subscribed. Keep em coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It's you!!
    I watched all your videos, you're pretty good but the best bits about the vids are the random funny **** you come up with.
    "Hey you Sniper, want a f**kin pillow and blanket?"
    Keep up with the vids, I've subbed. :D

lol< thanks guys!

Few more new ones on the way ;)

Good fun alright. Presume you've seen ElPresador on YouTube.

Ye seen him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You sir are epic :P

"You ****ing prick" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fúcking Hilarious.
    This made me laugh more than Chris Smoove's videos!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Watched a few of them this morning too, and the one that was posted on the other thread a while back. Hilarious stuff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

Some of my favourite quotes..

1.05: "painkiller... fcukn' painkiller innit"

1.07: "FCUK!!"

1.55: "fcukin' knob-tube, fcuk sake, after gettin' me again. whats his name... sumtin, fcukin with.... fcukin loads of numbers innit"

1.58: "what the FCUK happened there"

Many times: "gas mask wearin' c*nt"

6:40: "get up from the floor ya silly pr*ck!"

• Advertisement

:D Glad u like them guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

nice1 craig you argry c u nt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hey guys,

So what do you xboxers think of the new maps?
    Are they worth getting?

Here's the class chosen by Shinyfreakowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Tallon people use the holo sight because its supposed to give better accuracy.

LOL @ 'you can beast with claymores' :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ghosting class
    Scar-h silencer
    spas 12 silencer
    smoke grenade
    cleymore
    scavanger pro
    cold blooded pro
    ninja pro

Great fun to use, get in behind the spawn and cause trouble

Killstreaks
    Uav
    harriars
    chopper gunner

You are invisible, the only way they can see you is if they actually see you in the screen.

best in underpass and other big maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The secret to using the stealth bomber is planting it and running in the opposite direction. I learned that after killing myself many times with it :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ajeffares wrote: »
    Ghosting class
    Scar-h silencer
    spas 12 silencer
    smoke grenade
    cleymore
    scavanger pro
    cold blooded pro
    ninja pro

Great fun to use, get in behind the spawn and cause trouble

Killstreaks
    Uav
    harriars
    chopper gunner

You are invisible, the only way they can see you is if they actually see you in the screen.

Thats essentially what i use except a silenced handgun instead of the shotgun, I prefer the quick change to a sidearm instead of pulling out a shotty if you're in a tight fix. getting behind a spawn or firing line is great fun, did it on Bailout the other night, got 3 headshots in a row by casually walking right up behind 3 guys all faced in the opposite direction, killed the last one with a throwing knife for an extra giggle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Good video, Overgrown is probably my favourite stimulus pack map (with thermal and barrett :)) along with Storm.

Had to laugh at the line "The 'ol shneaky pretend you're a dead guy" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ajeffares wrote: »

killcam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

callaway92 wrote: »
    killcam?

Unless your camping, that shouldn't effect you:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement