Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,544 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tallon will you stop spamming your own thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hahaha, It can't be me, I'm not that clever

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Tallon wrote: »
    Hahaha, It can't be me, I'm not that clever
    Clever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yes, not as much as you I mean

• Advertisement

your worse than sots

What's up with Tallons Location on his profile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Isn't it obvious, he's inside you.

I don't know Tallon, it's up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    your worse than sots

I rarely post in the SF for numerous reasons but trawling through his posts provided many hours of lols, good times :D

I rarely post in the SF for numerous reasons but trawling through his posts provided many hours of lols, good times :D

the man was a legend, simple as that

he would create other accounts so they would agree with his point of view

I miss him so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Toomey_7

Alright lads whats the craic?
    ive started doing a few commentaries recently and have em up on the ol utube, and was hopeing a few of ye would take a look give a bit of advice and all that any help would go down well :)

here my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaoticKn1ght

and my second commentary and comments or like would mean a lot, nice 1 lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

You looking for feedback on the commentary or gameplay?

The language out of ya ha! :D

EDIT:
    If it's feedback on your commentary, I've stopped listening when you said you had icicles hanging off your balls.
    Tone down the Language stop swearing so much, doubt you swear that much day to day. Comes across trying to hard.
    Talk about the gameplay - how you killed someone, why you picked a certain gun etc, not about your private parts, the weather when you are working etc. Couldn't care less about that!

hahaha honestly you wouldnt believe the ammount of swearing on a day to day basis im in the middle of a load of farmers where i live and the lot of em every second word it **** or **** haha
    and i was thinking from the first one that i should tone it down but when i did that in number 2 i did sound very scripted and didnt flow at all!

and i am trying hard so prob why it come across that way i doubt anyone who liked doing this wouldnt try hard and only number 2 so im not too pushed about it atm. if by commentary 50 i sound like that then ill be looking at it but for now im happy the way its going still feellike some eijet talking to my laptop in me room haha but feck it :P

thanks for the feedback for the most part i totally agree with ya tbh and thanks for the tips ill try and work em in to my next one :)

Yeah concentrate more on giving tips about the game, guns, maps etc

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Yeah concentrate more on giving tips about the game, guns, maps etc

Good luck

People really dont need tips these days, i hate listening to commentaries when all they talk about is the gameplay..... zzzZZzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Another good commentary tooms, im sure once you get more comfortable doing them you'll not swear as much.... i enjoyed it anyway :D

Donno what your mans talking about, i lol'd at the icicles hanging from your balls bit !! Its ****ing -10 degrees up here ! madness.

Magill wrote: »
    Donno what your mans talking about, i lol'd at the icicles hanging from your balls bit !! Its ****ing -10 degrees up here ! madness.

REALLY?

I stopped the video at that point - with all respect the first several minutes were filled with nonsense talk. Lost interest in the video then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    REALLY?

I stopped the video at that point - with all respect the first several minutes were filled with nonsense talk. Lost interest in the video then.

In fairness, you shouldn't really give advice like "Talk more about the gameplay" if you only watched the first couple of minutes, how do you know he didnt ? He did say it was only his second commentary so obviously its not gonna be a hutch quality just yet... constructive critism is always good... but giving a blind opinion isnt wise and not very helpful.

Each person has their own tastes I guess at the end of the day.
    I gave my feedback, said the commentary bored me and was uninteresting to the extent that I turned it off. If that's my feedback that's my feedback. It was never said in a harsh way. He can take it or leave it.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I reckon he'll leave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think the more original the better, people trying to copy other commentators is boring

I thought that was brilliant! Good bit of humour mixed with some decent gameplay advice etc.

Great video man, one bit of advice...don't listen to the dry balls posting in this. "OMG THE LANGUAGE". Get a grip lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I thought that was brilliant! Good bit of humour mixed with some decent gameplay advice etc.

Great video man, one bit of advice...don't listen to the dry balls posting in this. "OMG THE LANGUAGE". Get a grip lads.

Seconded.

I enjoyed it too. Keep posting them dude.

Can I asked what hardware/software you used to record the games ?

On Xbox360 here myself and I'd love to record a few of my games.

thanks for the support lads!
    im using the ol Hd PVR, i looked into the cheaper recording devices for a bit and they all ended up costing more byt buying extra stuff to make the quality some bit watchable and i intended on going HD eventually so i bit the bullet and went for the safe choice!

as some people said above im not going to concentrate on giving advice tbh as by watching it im sure ye can tell what guns and attachments im using and not much i can tell ye that the majority dont already know!
    ill will give my thoughts on a few things as i stumble across em but for now im not gonna go making another hints and tips video there is already 100's out there :)

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

Dry balls?? Hardly haha!

It just sounds 100% like a try hard to me that's all.... Sorry for if my opinion upset some people. Anyway it's not about the language really, each to their own.

I liked the video a lot, just not the commentary regardless of the language it just lost my interest. But you're getting good feedback from others so happy days.

Good kills in the video though, take it handy.

No one has donated any money to help Tallon get his xbox. If you guys don't start reaching into your pockets Tallon is going to have a pretty crappy Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

dublindude, HE GOT ONE.

YEAH, I KNOW.

Here ya go buddy:

kleenex.jpg

We're talking something much bigger than a man-size pack of tissues Kersmash...

56811656.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD6636AA6F6494AADD8A1C2CC85E061C3F39AB717E57B7BFAEF06BF04B24B4128C

• Advertisement

Alright lads,
    i have another commentary up on the interwebs :P i was gonna edit the first post so that the newest vid will always be there but i cant edit after 48hours or something so ill just throw in a new post each time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement