Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Explain the meaning of life.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

And finally, where did Robert touch you?

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,548 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I LMFAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

lol:)

yeah its a sh1tty thing to do but still funny.

had to laugh at the very last knife kill.

the english lad gets leeg but his mate must stab him then

' a steve your as bad as him'lol:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Finally got around to watching it on a laptop.

Cracking video lads. Well done!

Nice Dualtage Lee and Mag! the double Ballistics through smoke was my favourite.
    It never happened :P

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nice one lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

One subject to touch on could be the effects of lag/latency in game.
    In MW2 it has a very real effect. For instance if you take x2 players to a map over split screen. Set 1 player at a set point, now stand a standard increments further and further away. After a few goes you can see the effective kill distance... that rules out any lag or latency issue and is the "pure" kill distance.

in online play you can see how lag / latency can sometimes decrease that distance somtimes giving hit markers at point blank range. Would be intresting to see that illustrated and possible section then on how to reduce - as best possble - their effects such as NAT settings, firewall settings, wifi vs wired, bandwidth usage in house while playing, Upnp settings, DMZ host set up settings.... all the relevant console / wfi tweaking that can be done etc.

I know it really helped my game and was very intresting to see as to why sometimes in matches some players (kkkrrruuudddlleeerrr!!!) can get crazy range / 1 hit kills from the likesof the spas when other may only get hit markers.

We already know dedicated servers wont be in MW3 so any relevant tweaking that can be done to a console set up for mw2 will be relevant to mw3.

Just a suggestion.

hightower1 wrote: »
    One subject to touch on could be the effects of lag/latency in game.
    In MW2 it has a very real effect. For instance if you take x2 players to a map over split screen. Set 1 player at a set point, now stand a standard increments further and further away. After a few goes you can see the effective kill distance... that rules out any lag or latency issue and is the "pure" kill distance.

in online play you can see how lag / latency can sometimes decrease that distance somtimes giving hit markers at point blank range. Would be intresting to see that illustrated and possible section then on how to reduce - as best possble - their effects such as NAT settings, firewall settings, wifi vs wired, bandwidth usage in house while playing, Upnp settings, DMZ host set up settings.... all the relevant console / wfi tweaking that can be done etc.

I know it really helped my game and was very intresting to see as to why sometimes in matches some players (kkkrrruuudddlleeerrr!!!) can get crazy range / 1 hit kills from the likesof the spas when other may only get hit markers.

We already know dedicated servers wont be in MW3 so any relevant tweaking that can be done to a console set up for mw2 will be relevant to mw3.

Just a suggestion.

link?

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Maybe not for console I heard there will be IWnet for PC, I think it was in the Reddit with Robert Bowling.

ah ****

The game is looking worse and worse

That was a piece of ****e in MW2 IMO.

• Advertisement

unless they have dedicated servers for all the major platforms

the game will always be broken

Maybe not for console I heard there will be IWnet for PC, I think it was in the Reddit with Robert Bowling.

Oh yeah but any of the tweaks like NAT settings, dmz host settings, bandwidth usage settings etc are all tweaks for console gaming and as MW3 wont have dedicated servers to somewhat level they playing field all the tweaks that can be done the better.

Makes for intresting viewing too to see what the likes of the spas can do pre tweaks, on a live game , then post tweaks to the set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Dual commentary talking about things in black ops that annoys us

let us know what ya think cheers

Gameplay footage of Spaz and tomahawk on WMD Free For All

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Thanks guys, really pleased with the response we got from it.

I've just put my leftover clips into a quick montage, no fancypants editing or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So did you answer our questions?

im gravely disappointed

1st you didn't answer TroutFisher question and 2nd bloody noob tubing

Yeah he did :P.

Using the G11 On array, let us know what weapon you'd like us to use next.

• Advertisement

Spinning skull symbol? .... buying your rank. :eek::rolleyes:

I may do a montage of all the messages I get about it including

"YOU HACKED, NO WAY YOU GOT 8 FLAG CAPS!!!!"

I was playing a game of domination on Over grown and a kid got a nuke and I called in mine before him, the screams, oh god the screams. :pac:

??? Apparently the only way to get it was to complete every single challenge in the game , all weapon attachments, all weapon challenges and rank level 70.
    Was removed at the first patch but as is hard coded to the game itself it can only be unlocked through paying for a jtag lobby or jtagging your own game itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement