Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

The videos are ok , but nothing special. You say they are to be used for education , but i didn't learn much from them.

The last game you posted was domination and i think you captured one flag ? the objective is to capture flags and defend them. You mainly chose to defend , and that's fine , but it gets a bit repetitive and you tend not to learn anything from it. The kills are mediocre and you do camp a bit. I don't see why you were playing domination when you could have been playing team death match or something like that due to your playing style.

You are a good player but nothing special ( like in the hutch ect way)(neither am I) ,no offense , so I do agree with some of the posters saying that the videos are mainly for you to show off and using the excuse of "education" to make it seem otherwise. Your score was nice 36 - 8 if i remember right ? , but i don't think it was really "rape enough" to make a video out of and post on-line.

What i would advice is using an assault rifle for education purposes as it's a well rounded weapon and not like a sniper which requires some skill ( which noobs won't have) . Perhaps use lower killstreaks like UAV and then the harrier as your highest with something in between. I think this would be better for education as if someone needs to be educated then they probably don't have the ability to get to the higher streaks like chopper gunner / ac130 ect. Thus showing how to use the easier to get streak rewards would be more useful to noobs. If you are educating about domination and defending areas , a really good tutorial would be on claymores and how to use them right as most people don't have a clue.
    Don't mean to sound like an asshole with this post , just trying to give some input as you asked.

good luck with the vids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ok, first off, thanks for the feedback, it is truely apreciated and will help me better the videos for you, the viewers :)
    this is too all the people who are trying too copy people such as seananners and hutch they are really good at the game and played pro at the last cod game (the best game ever ) !

I'm not copying them, they just had their foot in the door first, im playing a game that millions of other people play and that want advice, tips & generaly just to see how other people play
    these people give very good tips and tactics but all your doing is just showing off !

Absolutely not, I am not the best player in the world, nor do I ever say I am (except to my brother) and in fact, my last video (terminal) I came second to some guy who got like 63 kills, These videos are not to show off at all, otherwise they would all be montages of my best bits
    your a ok player but giving advice with a sniper on terminal is not good as it is close to medium range so a assuilt rifle would be much better !

You just proved my video is 100% doing what I inteneted it to do!
    The video is to show you HOW to use a sniper rifle on terminal instead of having to use a medium range weapon, I also use the spas a lot more than the sniper
    i think you should leave it for the pro's to do !

Pros? These are all guys who do this in their room like me, the only one that is pro, is hutch, and only since last week
    and you have never got the nuke

Irrelevant! And I said that in my video
    and you also used the chopper gunner for terminal

You need a permit to fly the AC130 that close to an airport so I had to use the chopper gunner
    are you stupid

No
    ac130 is the king at that map as the howitzer can go throw the skylights and has a big blast radius !

Ac130 is the king at every map, if you use it correctly, as is the chopper gunner
    im not tryin to slag you or say your bad but yous reck my head

I realise your not slagging or trolling, but there are two answers I keep giving people. Tell me what you wanna see in the videos, if not, dont watch them

The videos are ok , but nothing special. You say they are to be used for education , but i didn't learn much from them.

You learned that I havnt got a nuke yet and that I didnt use the ac130 on a map it was intended for ?!?

I've also had several comment on here to say people have changed to sniper as they 'believed' they could do it after watching my videos
    The last game you posted was domination and i think you captured one flag ? the objective is to capture flags and defend them. You mainly chose to defend , and that's fine , but it gets a bit repetitive and you tend not to learn anything from it.

I think I did a pretty darn good job of defending that bad boy and the game IS repetitive no matter what game type you play. I could play domination 20 times and play it different each time but this is the video I chose
    The kills are mediocre and you do camp a bit.

Again, not posting the videos for kill count, and yes I camped a bit, as stated in the video. Which is the object of a domination game
    I don't see why you were playing domination when you could have been playing team death match or something like that due to your playing style.

As stated in the video, it was a ground war, so its a mixture of TDM & domination
    You are a good player but nothing special ( like in the hutch ect way)(neither am I) ,

Agreed
    no offense ,

None taken
    so I do agree with some of the posters saying that the videos are mainly for you to show off and using the excuse of "education" to make it seem otherwise. Your score was nice 36 - 8 if i remember right ? , but i don't think it was really "rape enough" to make a video out of and post on-line.

Again and again, dont care about the score
    What i would advice is using an assault rifle for education purposes as it's a well rounded weapon and not like a sniper which requires some skill ( which noobs won't have) . Perhaps use lower killstreaks like UAV and then the harrier as your highest with something in between. I think this would be better for education as if someone needs to be educated then they probably don't have the ability to get to the higher streaks like chopper gunner / ac130 ect. Thus showing how to use the easier to get streak rewards would be more useful to noobs. If you are educating about domination and defending areas , a really good tutorial would be on claymores and how to use them right as most people don't have a clue.

Ive marked the above in bold for 2 reasons:
    1) Its the first time youve provided workable feedback
    2) It gives me something to do that I know you (the viewers) want to see

Don't mean to sound like an asshole with this post , just trying to give some input as you asked.

Your not, your addressing your issues with what I want you to subscribe to and I respect that and do & will take these on board to better future videos
    good luck with the vids.

Thank you very very much :)

Tallon

*long cat is long

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

Anti wrote: »
    WIll have a proper look at this later on, only viewed the first 4 mins but the one thing i notice is that the skill level difference between console fps gamers and pc gamers is absolutley massive. I'll take a video of some random game one night on the pc to show you.

From what I've heard the standard on PS3 is fairly low. I have a couple of friends with PS3s and they say people are crap in general and never shoot anything down. Xbox 360 on the other hand, has a LOT of great players. Going 24-2 and the like is actually quite hard unless you get lucky and play against a bunch of "noobs" :pac:

Not a fanboy, just seen both (More of 360 obviously) and conclude that 360 players are better in general.
    Tallon wrote:
    For some reason, in the killcam, I was showing up on his heartbeat

This is just one of the many glitches with killcams and spectating. Same happens when they're halfway through reloading when the killcam starts. In the killcam the reload animation will play from the start and it will look like they just aimed out of reloading. :mad:
    Tallon wrote:
    I could hear the missile for ages but I thought it missed me.

Rarely, when stingers miss the target the first time and don't get redirected by flares, they do a huge circle and come back. Sometimes they can even come back and kill people :D

~RS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

From what I've heard the standard on PS3 is fairly low. I have a couple of friends with PS3s and they say people are crap in general and never shoot anything down. Xbox 360 on the other hand, has a LOT of great players. Going 24-2 and the like is actually quite hard unless you get lucky and play against a bunch of "noobs" :pac:

Not a fanboy, just seen both (More of 360 obviously) and conclude that 360 players are better in general.

~RS
    The argument coud be mafe that XBox users are sh1t and therefore can't get that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

Quazzie wrote: »
    The argument coud be mafe that XBox users are sh1t and therefore can't get that score.

Meh. I do well sometimes, but I'm not the best at getting long killstreaks. I'm more likely to get an 11 killstreak and then a 6 deathstreak. One of my mates on the other hand, gets huge killstreaks. It's all about luck really. Lot more pros on 360 as far as I can see is all I'm sayin' ;)

EDIT: Oh, and in case you didn't notice ;)
    Not hating on PS3, just sayin'

~RS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Great vids, as with others, they gave me the belief to use a sniper rifle, but I would like to see some vids of you using an assault rifle. I'd also like to mention that since I started watching your vids my kill/ death ratio has gone from 0.54 ( I know...) to 0.87 and its keeps going up everytime I play. Hope I'll reach my WaW standards soon

Thanks Tallon :)

Redzer7 wrote: »

Thats from china... Save yourself the hassle and get this one

Thats where I got mine, and delivery was fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Tallon wrote: »
    Thats from china... Save yourself the hassle and get this one

Thats where I got mine, and delivery was fast :)
    Cheers mate, i'm on my phone now and can't really view it but is that definately dc 60+ yeah?

EDIT: It says that it operates on Xp/2000 does it work with vista?
    It also says that the item has ended :( oh well.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Right so. Thought I'd give an opinion after watching a few of your vids Tallon.
    They're alright vids and you are a decent player no doubt. But from a commentary side point, I don't get much from your vids, personally speaking.

I always believed, SeaNanners approach to playing MW2 was fairly spot in improving all players of any level especially newbies and those struggling with the game.

Hutch is a bit different in his approach to commentary. His personality shines through, you get the sense he's a geuinely top bloke away from gaming I think that a huge factor for him drawing in the huge number of subs + views, besides just quickscoping.

The COD Youtube community is gone into overload with commentaries, and a lot of them are definitely average. You need to be good obviously but you have to have something special about you if you want to be well known and a success in the community.

As said by many here, vary up your vids. I personally cannot stand Domination or FFA because it is done to death requires not much skill if any. Domination is all about spawn camping. FFA is mostly headless chickens running around with 1 or 2 players 'clearing house'. Ground War is the same. Try some Demolition, SnD, CTF and 3rd person if you'd consider it. There's a market for 3rd person commentaries potentially so might be worth a look.

Anyway for the long reply, hey when comes down to it... so long as you enjoy making these vids fair play but some varation would be nice.

@ RS

"Not a fanboy, just seen both (More of 360 obviously) and conclude that 360 players are better in general"

I'm the opposite, maybe it's just me but I very rarely if ever play the 360 here at Uni yet my highest MW2 scores have been on the 360 funny enough. I have my reasoning as to why this happened but I'll keep stum and keep the peace here... :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, i'm on my phone now and can't really view it but is that definately dc 60+ yeah?

EDIT: It says that it operates on Xp/2000 does it work with vista?
    It also says that the item has ended :( oh well.

yes its 60+ colour (look at my videos)

I use vista with it, no problems at all

It has ended because I bought it months ago, but that guy has loads more. Just click on his profile

Hey guys,

Another video for you's. this time it's a Free For All on Favela.

Please check out http://station1.ie if you get a chance and let me know if you think having a phone in session for tips and advice would be a good idea

Cheers

Tallon

Good job Tallon nice to see a change in style.

Right lads my DC60 came today and the manual says it can record pal
    720 X 567 and it also says that it is compatible with Vista :confused:
    Does this mean that it is a DC60+ and that it can record in colour?

Also what cables do I need? 2 RCA cables female to female and 3 Y Splitters?
    Cheers for the help lads.

Good job Tallon nice to see a change in style.

Right lads my DC60 came today and the manual says it can record pal
    720 X 567 and it also says that it is compatible with Vista :confused:
    Does this mean that it is a DC60+ and that it can record in colour?

Also what cables do I need? 2 RCA cables female to female and 3 Y Splitters?
    Cheers for the help lads.

Yep yep and yep

Yep yep and yep
    Happy days :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Hey guys,

Cheers

Tallon

Now that video shows how good you are at the game, what level of sensitivity on the control do you use? you seem to move really quickly. FFA sets the men from the boys as its everyone for them selfs. Would like to see your style on other FFA maps.

Got my cables today, finding it really hard to get use to the standard definition :( playing absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭djan

Hey guys got a new vid up on youtube, check it out.

Would appreciate if you could rate, comment & maybe subscribe? Ill give you a cookie smile.gif

First Easycap test, does it look good quality to everyone?

Had a game just there and got a Chopper Gunner but only started recording about 2 mins in and when I play it back the quality doesn't look anything like it did when I was playing, but i'll upload it anyways, see if you guys know whats wrong.

djan wrote: »
    Hey guys got a new vid up on youtube, check it out.

Would appreciate if you could rate, comment & maybe subscribe? Ill give you a cookie smile.gif
    Very good mate i'll subscribe, rate, and comment on it now.
    Is it hard on the pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hey guys,

Please check out http://station1.ie if you get a chance and let me know if you think having a phone in session for tips and advice would be a good idea

Cheers

Tallon

Nice vid Tallon, defo recommend using a silencer in FFA (my preference anyways) as that's the only way to keep people from running toward your dot on the radar. Also, it hilarious to watch them looking around when you're shooting!

I've always played a lot of FFA, hence my crappy k/d ratio and used to do a lot of running and gunning but found my ratio at the end of the match, even if I won, was pretty crap so now I just move from cover to cover as due to spawing, you never know where they're coming from next..

Keep 'em coming!

Absolutely rubbish quality :(, anyone know whats wrong with it?
    Frame size = 720 X 576
    Bit rate = 8000
    Format = MPEG
    Don't know what i'm doing wrong.
    It still says This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete. Hopefully it gets alot better.
    Last 2 minutes theres no sound, what a disaster :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭djan

Very good mate i'll subscribe, rate, and comment on it now.
    Is it hard on the pc?

Thankies :) well I find that the majority of players tend to think a bit more and you dont get little bobs running around like headless chickens as PCs tend to have more mature players ... dont hate on me its true :)
    I played it on consoles aswell and I do find it easier if you take out getting used to the really inaccurate pad.

Hey guys,

This video is just for fun. Enjoy watching and subscribe to be the first to hear about my upcoming competition :-)

Cheers

Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

"Gangsta flank wha!!!!"

Tbh you know what i'd like to see in a Mw2 video and very few or even nobody is doing it, a live commentry i.e comment on the game as your playing it that way we can see how relaxed you really are and what your thinking as your doing it!!!

craze7 wrote: »
    "Gangsta flank wha!!!!"

Tbh you know what i'd like to see in a Mw2 video and very few or even nobody is doing it, a live commentry i.e comment on the game as your playing it that way we can see how relaxed you really are and what your thinking as your doing it!!!

Tejbz is trialing that at the moment, but if its something people would like to see, I might give it a whirl

"Gangsta flank wha!!!!"

I'll try and do that, there might be alot of swearing though :),
    I'll look into Justin tv and see if I can get on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I have to admit I'd like to see this too.

Can anyone see this properly or is the screen gray?

http://www.justin.tv/br/redzer7#r=3m5tIwM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

"Gangsta flank wha!!!!"

I've seen one person doing this. I'll dig out the links....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement