Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So as you may have known I have been recording gameplay footage lately in the hope to help people out at the game and give advice where I can.
    Basically I've started doing commentary on my videos and will be putting up new ones very regularly.

Below is my first one and I should have another up tonight.

Feel free to post comments on youtube, but I would much rather people posted here than having to wade my way through "fag" "camper" "pwned" etc on youtube, and actually have some constructive feedback.
    (Subscribe if you want to be kept up-to-date, although I will be updating this thread each time a new video goes up)

Please let me know what you think, and what you would like to see in respect of future footage and tips

A very special thanks to the Mods & cMods for allowing me to post this here and the lighthearted pi$$taking of my awesome name! :D

Thanks again

Tallon

Episode 1:

_

lol just watched that first vid .......youre absolutely useless . Not stop camping . Luckily for you the lads you were playing against were pathetic altogether lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

lol just watched that first vid .......youre absolutely useless . Not stop camping . Luckily for you the lads you were playing against were pathetic altogether lol .
    Now watch the other videos :rolleyes:.

I was uploading the video for 3 hours and it 10 mins remaining and it said upload aborted :( what a load of bollix!!

Edit: Can you upload the format DVD to youtube?
    Edit: Video failed again after 2 hours :(.

Finally Uploaded.

Please comment, rate and subscribe guys, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭scienceoverBS

ive no problem with campers , but i just find your game play average at best , i definitely didn't learn anything either , wont be subscribing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ive no problem with campers , but i just find your game play average at best , i definitely didn't learn anything either , wont be subscribing

Cheers or that mate.

is there anything in paticualar you would like to see in future videos?

Cheers or that mate.

is there anything in paticualar you would like to see in future videos?

alot more kills , better opposition ,the teams you were against were laughable .strategies for certain maps and game setting , i personally play alot of hardcore search and destroy , 22 . 0 . 2 on on skidrow is my record on snd. i will be getting my laptop fixed soon i can share my videos with you if you like . currently using ps3 browser grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

alot more kills , better opposition ,the teams you were against were laughable .strategies for certain maps and game setting , i personally play alot of hardcore search and destroy , 22 . 0 . 2 on on skidrow is my record on snd. i will be getting my laptop fixed soon i can share my videos with you if you like . currently using ps3 browser grrrrr.

Now this lad's videos I would watch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I agree that this is the ideal, but it's very hard to a strong score in a game where there are loads of good players. And the first thing people ususally look at on YouTube vids is how many kills you got, and how many times you died.

And I'm not just talking about the obvious point with better players about you getting killed more so your K:D suffers. Also the fact that you are competing with your team for kills. If you have a couple of good players with you, they can end up with >10 kills which means the chances of you getting to 30 kills in a TDM is reduced.

But yeah, kills against blatant noobs do lessen the value of vids a bit.

I'm surprised he can even see ten yards ahead of him playing in standard definition.

The thing is with Hutch, Seananners etc, they always play/record in HD.
    With Tallon he only tries to record a few games because playing in standard definition is absolutely rubbish.

Most games Hutch, Seananners play they record.
    They then throw up their best ones.

With the Easycap you can't do that unless you keep playing in standard definition.

The other day, think it was Monday, I joined Tallon's session and I think it was either Ground War or Domination not sure but he went 38 - 8 I think and I text him after it saying " you better have recorded that"
    and he messaged me back saying "no playing in HD".

• Advertisement

shawpower wrote: »
    I agree that this is the ideal, but it's very hard to a strong score in a game where there are loads of good players. And the first thing people ususally look at on YouTube vids is how many kills you got, and how many times you died.

And I'm not just talking about the obvious point with better players about you getting killed more so your K:D suffers. Also the fact that you are competing with your team for kills. If you have a couple of good players with you, they can end up with >10 kills which means the chances of you getting to 30 kills in a TDM is reduced.

But yeah, kills against blatant noobs do lessen the value of vids a bit.

while im not doubting tallons game play skills , im sure he is a fine player , saying the videos are being posted for tips on game play then camping tru the whole video , i mean were are the benifits of watching that, i rather he wait till he had a good collection of videos , then post them so we can get tips from his strategies . i have seen his other videos also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I watch a load of Youtube videos looking for tips on playing MW2, I only got my Xbox at Christmas and am just a noob, I started with getting 2-3 kills a game then 6-7 kills a game and now I'm at about 11-13 kills a game with some better games and some worse. But I'd like to see videos with tips of where's the best place to drop care packages with out being killed before I collect them and then what's the most effective way of using them. I've used the chopper gunner a few times but not very effective with it. Even some videos showing the advantages of using some perks over others ie. using claymores most effectively would be great. Because there's not many Youtube videos out there dealing with these issues

Montage videos don't really prove anything, I'm sure I could put together a decent montage but it doesn't mean I'm any good at the game just good with an editor.

But it really depends at what people really want to do with their videos and their objective, There is some brilliant player's out there and on this forum but just when it comes to videos there needs to be something different before I'd subscribe.

Hwy guys,

New video just to let you know whats been going on the past week :)

What do you think of the new layout?

Cheers

Tallon

Watch in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I actually LOLed at the "is he tryin to buy a coke" line.
    Big fan of the humorous side of your commentaries. Cant wait for HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hwy guys,

Cheers

Tallon

pyropuncher has being doing HD MW2 for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

yay HD! :D

Hwy guys,

Cheers

Tallon

Watch in HD

i like how you delt with the lagg fags, also impressed with your sniping skills and wepon switches nice vid tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tbh have a original idea for the lay out instead of copying SeaNanners and the likes

tbh have a original idea for the lay out instead of copying SeaNanners and the likes

Well this is the third layout I have done, I would like to keep it original

I'll try to make a uniqe one for the next video, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Well this is the third layout I have done, I would like to keep it original

I'll try to make a uniqe one for the next video, thanks
    your videos are good but sometimes keeping it simple is the best

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

I've had a couple of comments on using lower killstreaks and mainly care packages. Whats the best location to use them and the best tactics for not getting them stolen so I made a quick video. I will have a more in dept one very soon and hopefully it will be HD :D

Thanks guys

Tallon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

Hey guys,

I've had a couple of comments on using lower killstreaks and mainly care packages. Whats the best location to use them and the best tactics for not getting them stolen so I made a quick video. I will have a more in dept one very soon and hopefully it will be HD :D

Thanks guys

Tallon

G18's are the best,im in love with the twins

looking forward to when you get the HD sorted , again nice snipe skills especially in the free for all . even with the poor opposition lol. would love to see you post some hardcore search and destroy , its a game i love to play as you bring all your gameplay skills together for the 4 to 7 rounds you play. also tex me on psn if you see me on , go for a run n gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've been saying for months that I'll buy a HD cap card. I used to post commentaries on CoD4 with my dazzle but the quality isn't up to standard now. People have moved on from the dazzles :o.

Plus I hate playing in SD.

Good video's Tallon. I'm subscribed!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Well done man! Found your Vids really helpful! Turned me onto the Spaz - Brilliant Weapon! Use it loads now! also getting good results with the sniper rifle - so thanks!

Keep it up! ive subscribed!

Hey guys,

Video didn't render in full 720p so I will upload another one later for you guys :) maybe even 1080i

let me know what you's think of this video & the quality and please rate if you can

Thanks to all my subscribers so far, I really appreciate it

EDIT: If you want to ask me an annonymous question click here:
    http://www.formspring.me/JTallon
    ...no registration needed

Tallon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

Hey guys,

Video didn't render in full 720p so I will upload another one later for you guys :) maybe even 1080i

let me know what you's think of this video & the quality and please rate if you can

Thanks to all my subscribers so far, I really appreciate it

EDIT: If you want to ask me an annonymous question click here:
    http://www.formspring.me/JTallon
    ...no registration needed

Tallon

nice quality,playn dis game withou hd is a pain in the hole,has there been many entries in your comp. only found one montage

nice quality,playn dis game withou hd is a pain in the hole,has there been many entries in your comp. only found one montage

yeah, there was 7 videos posted... some really good stuff in there

Click here for full playlist

Hey guys,

New video up for you, I uploaded one on saturday night and after 6 hours, youtube rejected it's lenght :(

This ones in 720p HD though :)

Thanks

Tallon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hey guys,

New video up for you, I uploaded one on saturday night and after 6 hours, youtube rejected it's lenght :(

This ones in 720p HD though :)

Thanks

Tallon

Dubstep FTW!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement