Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photo

Options
  • 27-01-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the location of photo booth for passport photos?

Town is ok but my preference would be Tesco shopping centre place or Headford road shopping centre (the Dunnes one) or even Briar Hill…

If anyone knows a chemist or shop in these locations that do passport photos (preferably black + white!:o) that would be great too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Briarhill ground floor near the carpark. And Im pretty sure Tesco have one either outside miss selfridge or else near the creche...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm fairly sure there's on in the entrance to Dunnes Terryland.
    An old thread with more answers

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

aha! Cool, thanks...

I am trying to picture in my mind that odd area near the creche! I know they have web phones or something down there ...oh and the win 20euros and a freaky toy game! Must check it out...:)

thanks

Can never remember where they are or if they are still there...Probably walk past them all the time :p
    Magnus wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure there's on in the entrance to Dunnes Terryland.
    An old thread with more answers

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

I'd recommend going to a a chemist to get your passport photos taken as they've really clamped down on the quality of photo required. I've heard of peoples applications being refused because of the photos.
    I got my passport photos taken in the chemists just down from the Corbett Court entrance to the Eyre Square shopping centre - the shop street side - can't remember the name of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I used Fahy next to the Kings Head, you can see the pic on screen before they print it, and you get 4 identical pics, unlike a booth in a shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

how about this?

take a photo with a digitial camera
    go here http://www.epassportphoto.com/
    print off at tesco/dunnes photo vending machine
    = 7 photos for 50c and you get to pick your picture

ive used it before, dead handy

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Does anyone know where id get black and white drivers license photos done in town? thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Gal44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where id get black and white drivers license photos done in town? thanks

Most photo studios. Call them and ask for a price and let us know.
    Example is Farrells on St. Vincents Avenue in Woodquay

hey,
    I ended up going to the photo shop on Shop St beside Griffins Bakery. I got the passport type which are more expensive - no need to get these for normal use but if you are changing or getting a passport then the offical type are needed....
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dunnes edward square entrance.
    €6

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ahmedwageeh

subway wrote: »
    how about this?

take a photo with a digitial camera
    go here http://www.epassportphoto.com/
    print off at tesco/dunnes photo vending machine
    = 7 photos for 50c and you get to pick your picture

ive used it before, dead handy

I did as you suggested, this was very handy, and cheap, and if you have a good camera, you can really get great photos.

although, i managed to get 8 photos (not 7) for only 50 cents. {i copy/pasted the 4 photos again on the same image and printed it off as a 4"x6" photo, not as a passport photo} and it was perfecto...

Cheers for the idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

i get mine done in the chemist in mervue. At least when you get it done in a chemist they will keep taking photos until your happy with the quality of it.

Advertisement