Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car photographing locations

• 27-01-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

I went out at the weekend taking pictures of the car and came up with 5 or 6 nice backdrops for taking pictures of the car, all of them within a few miles of my house, so it got me thinking about what other places are there that I don't know about. Anyone have any suggestions? I like to travel around so anywhere is the country will do :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Are you just asking for locations or do you want to see photos as well?
    Its an intresting idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The road up to Slieve League (Donegal) offers a few outcrops where you can photograph your car seemingly suspended in mid air with nothing but sea and horizon in the background

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Post your pics!

I'm hoping the evenings start stretching out now soon so I can explore my new area and see if theres any interesting areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Around the back of the tivoli theatre there's a pretty cool graffiti wall that would make a great backdrop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Down on the dock road in Limerick there is a yard with graffiti/art on the walls - would also make a good background

In front of thomond park maybe?

UL at night would be good too I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Are you just asking for locations or do you want to see photos as well?
    Its an intresting idea.

Just looking for suggestions really, but pictures are always helpful
    draffodx wrote: »
    Post your pics!

Pidgeon House Rd,Poolbeg,Dublin 4
    DSC_0057-2.jpg

Windmill Lane,Dublin 2
    DSC_0066.jpg

Dublin Port
    DSC_0072.jpg

Jones' Rd,Dublin 1
    DSC_0073.jpg

Crane Street,Dublin 8
    DSC_0043-1.jpg

Sybil Hill Rd,Raheny,Dublin 5
    DSC_0025.jpg

Howth Harbour,Dublin 13(?)
    DSC_0011.jpg

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for more locations, I'll post them up if I find any good ones :) I'm on the lookout for a derelict/burntout cottage, if anyone knows of one drop me a pm please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Like the Guinness and last one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Glendalough, estates and gardens, golfclub grounds usually provide good photo opportunities, anywhere near Cathedrals would be good for some black & white photos if you like a gothic theme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

the curragh has some decent spots and a cool old graveyard, also the curragh camp has some old military buildings that might look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Fleet Street
    2irk7pz.jpg
    Or in around temple bar early/late

Samuel beckett bridge

2rrme6d.jpg

Grand canal dock is good too, and beside the o2 just up from the boat that has a bar on it you can pull up onto the path and get nice snaps

• Advertisement
Advertisement