Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me mammy!

Options
  • 27-01-2010 10:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I love my mam!
    Aren't mams the best!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Oh, mammy's rock!!!

Mine understands me when I don't understand myself, and she minds me when I'm sick... even though I'm living out of home years now, she'll turn up on the doorstep with homemade soup :)
    When I lived in Carlow and was feeling ill, she once made my da drive down from Dublin so she could look after me! She chose to stay at home and raise me and my brothers when we were kids rather than go to work, she buys the best presents, makes the nicest dinners and she's so giddy and fun!

And she makes the best tea brack EVER! I love her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

DAMN YOU FINK!!! I came here today to start the exact same thread!

My Mammy's the best.

The other day, I took the day off college. She took the day off work too.

She woke me up. I says "Sorry I couldn't be arsed going in today" Her response was "Everyone needs a day off now and again" :)

I look to a plate with a chicken fillet roll and a cup of tea. "Who's that for??"... "You" she says....:):) "there's clean clothes in your wardrobe and new bed sheets ready to go on" It all smelled like fresh lemon!!!!

I LOVE MY MAMMY!!! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I love my mam!
    Aren't mams the best!

That's just how I feel about my mum! She's so easy to get on with, she's very smart and she's a great cook. I try to spend at least a week with her at least once a year, which isn't easy. She lives in Downpatrick and I live in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

love spending time with my ma she the best! :)
    we get on great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 silverberg

She doesn't even have to say anything to make you feel better, it's all in the power of the hug. One thing I don't like about my mother though is she doesn't look after herself like she looks after her kids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Aaaw this is so cute, my mams the best, I'm the middle child and only girl and she really is my best friend.

she minds me when I'm sick, buys me things when shes out & best of all has my dinner ready for when I get home.

I love my mammy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Even as an adult, when you're sick, ya just want your mam to look after ya!
    Noone looks after ya like your mam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

It may not be cool to say this at 37 years of age but I'm a Mummys Boy. The mould was definitely broken when they made her. I think she is one of the kindest people I've ever met and I feel privileged to know her.

I'm disabled and she has never treated me any differently to my two younger sisters. Although in saying that, they have probably pulled the short straw when it comes to being looked after. I'm still at home (no-one will have me, offers gratefully accepted, apply in writing to Mum ;o)) so she is my accountant, personal shopper, cook, cleaner, and sometime chauffeur rolled into one, and all done for a minimal fee. When I was in hospital for 6 weeks she was the only person who visited me every day (sometimes twice a day) for the entire time I was there.

She's not been well for the last couple of years and has never complained once, even when she lost all her hair, which is her pride and joy. It was touch and go whether she would make it and to be honest I have no idea how I would have coped if she hadn't. I have a strange love/hate relationship with my father who seems to take little or no interest in me (not true really, it just appears that way) and is definitely is more in tune with my sisters, especially the older one, which caused huge problems when I was younger. I love my sisters but I was terribly jealous of their relationship with Dad. Since they've moved out we get on much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I am so glad someone started this thread as Mam's need to know how much they are appreciated, they are the best....total unconditional love. My Mam was like a best friend to me, looked after me, talked to me about everything and a simple hug from her would make everything feel calm......Unfortunately, she died last March from Cancer and i am lost without her, she was a wonderful Mam. So for everyone else out there...take the time now to show your Mum how much you love her and appreciate her.

My mammy just got out of bed to massage my leg - my dad was kinda worried about me banging my foot on the floor so went and told her - she made the pain go away for a bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

My mam is AWESOME. She's my hero/idol to be honest... She's been through a lot of crap and she's still strong! I've always been quite close to her and since I've moved to college we've become even closer.. I tell her almost everything and will often go to her for advice! Even on things most people would never go to their mothers for!! :pac: Sure sometimes we annoy eachother etc but she actually is the coolest...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

mammys rule :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I <3 this thread!

My mammy always makes the best homemade chicken curry :cool:

Or the fact that she's great with our dog and no matter what she always tries her best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yay! I love my Mammy.

She isn't really a typical "Mammy" though. We go to music festivals together. And we sometimes randomly end up at house parties together in my hometown. And we have some of the same friends. :pac: We are more like sisters but not in a weird lame way. Oh and we work together too! This is getting weird. Anyway YAY MAMMY! Oh and she's a great cook! That's a typical thing, yay. But she works as a chef so I guess that's expected. Eek!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love my mammy too, she's the bestest, I used to feel sorry for all the other kids when I was small cause they didn't have my mammy, true story :) she's fab XOXOX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am a Mammy!!!

And reading all these makes me feel good...

And I love my kids... And I hope I am as good a Mammy to them as your Mammys are to you.

BTW I love my Mammy to... She is a great woman, did a good job rearing us!

Aw I love my mam!

She's the bestest. She buys me presents ALL the time, new dress here, new shoes there, she even bought me a patio heater last week :eek:

I would sit and talk to her for hours about nothing. She always makes me tea and gives me chocolate/cake/biscuits/sambos when I call! She never gets bored with me :D

My mammy gave me a huge hug last night when she was going to bed, when I asked why she said just so you know I love you :D

Advertisement