If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung televisions

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

I'm looking to buy a Samsung, full HD, LED or LCD.

Can you tell me give me some specs and quotes pls?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

I was also wondering if you could provide me with a price for the following 2 televisions, 2 because I'm still trying to decide which is best between them.They are the
    Samsung UE40b7020
    and the
    Samsung UE40b8000.

Also I'm in Limerick, so how much to deliver!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Prosperous Dave,

I snipped your post above - please check the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" and particularly the following
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Oops my bad.

Sorry Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

NP... :)

Ritz

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I was also wondering if you could provide me with a price for the following 2 televisions, 2 because I'm still trying to decide which is best between them.They are the
    Samsung UE40b7020
    and the
    Samsung UE40b8000.

Also I'm in Limerick, so how much to deliver!!!.

Bonzer - thanks for the post and Ritz / Prosperous thanks as well ( Prosperous - don't know what you said but I know you are a good Customer so no problem and as ever drop me a line if I can help! ;) )

Anyway Bonzer - The 7020 is available at £1049.99 and Samsung will give you £150 back in cash back - however this TV is only available as an in-store purchase so unfortunately we don't deliver this particular to Limerick.

Would you be interested in the Philips 40PFL8664 which we can offer you at a sale price of just £1069.99 / €1249.99 and is a really stunning TV - delivery to Limerick on that TV iwould be just £29.95 / €34.99.

Keep me posted if we can assist and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John Mc,
    Thanks for the follow up quote, not a bad price for the Samsung 7 series, do you do the ue40b8000?, and if I had to call up and get the TV in Person would that be all the way to Belfast or to Dublin?
    Thanks!!
    Bonzer

John Mc,
    I see from the online catalogue pdf, that the price for the Samsung UE40b8000 is
    Samsung UE40B8000 S.E. £999.95
    (With £200 Cashback from Samsung)

So is that the current price? and can the TV be collected in the Philips shop in Dublin?
    regards
    bonzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bonzer.

The catalogue is slightly mis-leading as it's quoted at £999.95 with the £200 already taken off the price. This would make it £1199.95.

I believe the price in the next catalogue will be £1249 with the cashback as the price has gone up.

Unfortunately the Samsung LED's can't be collected from the Philips Shop. Sorry.

Let me know if I can help any further.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,
    Thanks for getting back to me....yeah I guessed it was 999 after the cashback for the UE40B8000, one last question....if I was to buy the TV and pay for it by credit card....would it be alright if I got a courier to collect it from your shop in Belfast.

• Advertisement

Dave,
    Thanks for getting back to me....yeah I guessed it was 999 after the cashback for the UE40B8000, one last question....if I was to buy the TV and pay for it by credit card....would it be alright if I got a courier to collect it from your shop in Belfast.

Bonzer,

I do hate to say no - but that is one thing that we do not allow under any circumstances - I know it does annoy people but the reason is to protect your own credit card as if we allowed Customers to collect units on a telephone call using only a credit card number we lose one of our primary security measures - ie we do not know for sure that the TV is going to the delivery address - thus anyone could use your card details to order a TV and have it collected and diverted! :eek:

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you have any further queries I'll happily try to answer them,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jellybeane

Hi John Mc

Could you give me a quote for a Samsung UE40b6000 or similar spec. I see online that the 6000 is cheaper when compared with 7000/7020/8000/8020.

Also, could you tell me if the UE40C* range is simply a rebranding of the UE40B* as I do not see any significant difference.....

If necessary, I could pick up to keep costs down.

Thanks in advance.

jellybeane wrote: »
    Hi John Mc

Could you give me a quote for a Samsung UE40b6000 or similar spec. I see online that the 6000 is cheaper when compared with 7000/7020/8000/8020.

Also, could you tell me if the UE40C* range is simply a rebranding of the UE40B* as I do not see any significant difference.....

If necessary, I could pick up to keep costs down.

Thanks in advance.

Jelly,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we don't stock the 6000 series ate the moment - we do stock the following:

40B7020 - £799.95
    40C6530 - £999.95 (Coming soon)
    40C7000 - £1799.95
    40C8000 - £1999.95

If you need any info on these models - just drop me a line (I'm away until early next week but I will reply asap.

Thanks again and please keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jellybeane

Hi John
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to go for the ue40b7020 (799) if you have in stock.
    Please let me know how best to proceed with regard to payment and collection.
    Thanks & Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

John

Looking for 40" TV: saw a Sony Bravia at €599: what do you think? What would you recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Jellybeane.

I have just checked with our warehouse for stock of the 40B7020 and it has now been listed on the website as "LAST FEW" as stock has now run out with no more due to arrive :( SORRY!!!

Might there be another screen that would suit your needs?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.