Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Palmerstown

• 27-01-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Can anybody tell me about two areas in Palmerstown?
    I am looking for the house to buy and saw one nice in Whitethorn and in Palmers Glade. Is it a safe area?

Wait for any opinion.
    Thanks
    Teo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Palmerstown in general is a safe area.

Been living there nearly 3 years without any hassle. I would pick Palmers Glade over Whitethorn. I happen to live in Palmers Avenue, part of the same estate.
    Quiet area.

You could argue that Whitethorn isn't really part of Palmerstown as the estate is off Coldcut Road. Houses are nicer in Palmerstown Manor estate as I looked at houses in Whitethorn also, before purchasing in Palerstown Manor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Lived in Palmerstown 28 years, still have family there, I'm now living in Celbridge, Kildare.

Just a warning, DO NOT buy in Whitethorn, it is technically Clondalkin as its over the Clondalkin side of the Coldcut road. Someone in the planning office must have got a nice full brown envelope a few years back to change the address from Clondalkin to Palmerstown to jack up the house prices:rolleyes: Plenty of settled travellers up the road towards Cherry Orchard and close to Wheatfield prison.

Definately don't move into Whitethorn! Palmers glade is in the Palmerstown Manor estate which I never really consider to be part of Palmerstown but it should be a lot better than Whitethorn;)

Advertisement