Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value of fiat 90-90 1993

• 27-01-2010 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

have a 93 90-90 DT, she is clean, tiny bits of rust here and there, tyres not good though, a dutch import she has a pickup hitch now, clock reads about 2800 hrs and is clocking away since I have it but would think that cant be right so maybe clock is gone around? Anyway just wondering what its worth roughly, was thinking 11 or 12k ish myself, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

realistically, and assuming no problems around 10K inc vat ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

I would hav thought with it been around the clock 12000hrs and poor tyres 8K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

pic

BTW: your front tyres are on backwards. This will mean that in soft ground, you will have poor grip. Also causes excessive tyre wear.

reilig wrote: »
    BTW: your front tyres are on backwards. This will mean that in soft ground, you will have poor grip. Also causes excessive tyre wear.

god i never even noticed till I went back and looked at pic now:rolleyes: they have ben like that since its been on our place anyway, not much left to wear at this stage

• Advertisement

god i never even noticed till I went back and looked at pic now:rolleyes: they have ben like that since its been on our place anyway, not much left to wear at this stage

If you swap the two front wheels they should be right. No need to be taking off tyres or anythin.

A major tyre dealer/fitter in the North West used to have a plot of bog beside us in the 1980s. He used to draw the turf home with a Major and trailer. Every time he and his kids went to the bog for a load, we used to have to go to pull him out. He could not understand why he kept getting stuck. He was a bit insulted when we pointed out to him that he had one of the rear tyres on the wrong way around. Every time he took off with a bit of a load on the back of it in loose ground, it just spun. Wonder if he has fitted many tyres for customers the right way around. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

worth about 10K including Vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

I think the reason why the front tyres are on back to front is so if the tractor gets stuck then it has good grip to to reverse out again. I know it sounds daft but i have done a couple of summers on farms in Holland digging spuds and thats the way they have the front tyres on the tractors driving the harvesters.

hammer73 wrote: »
    I think the reason why the front tyres are on back to front is so if the tractor gets stuck then it has good grip to to reverse out again. I know it sounds daft but i have done a couple of summers on farms in Holland digging spuds and thats the way they have the front tyres on the tractors driving the harvesters.

Makes sense i suppose!!

hammer73 wrote: »

Also meant to wear less if there is a lot of road use

• Advertisement

If you swap the two front wheels they should be right. No need to be taking off tyres or anythin.

A major tyre dealer/fitter in the North West used to have a plot of bog beside us in the 1980s. He used to draw the turf home with a Major and trailer. Every time he and his kids went to the bog for a load, we used to have to go to pull him out. He could not understand why he kept getting stuck. He was a bit insulted when we pointed out to him that he had one of the rear tyres on the wrong way around. Every time he took off with a bit of a load on the back of it in loose ground, it just spun. Wonder if he has fitted many tyres for customers the right way around. :)

ya its funny you should say though, last year i tried to do a bit of rolling there when the ground wasnt up to it, anyway went down the hill grand but when i turned to come up she just dug in, I can remember thinking at the time that she should have kept going but forgot about it again, maybe the tyres on the wrong way around as you say didnt help

adne wrote: »
    Also meant to wear less if there is a lot of road use

They tyre will wear far more if its backwards, especially on a road. You'd be driving against the thread of they tyre and it wouldn't be gripping, rather, it would be spinning if it had the opportunity.

Tractors with rear loaders like the Moffat often have their tyres facing backwards. This is to give them better grip when driving into something with the loader.

They tyre will wear far more if its backwards, especially on a road. You'd be driving against the thread of they tyre and it wouldn't be gripping, rather, it would be spinning if it had the opportunity.

Incorrect - If you look at the tyre when on the correct way the threads meet at a point in the middle facing forward. These will wear a lot quicker when tyre is on front way as opposed to back way for road use........

Incorrect - If you look at the tyre when on the correct way the threads meet at a point in the middle facing forward. These will wear a lot quicker when tyre is on front way as opposed to back way for road use........

Did you ever see a set of v tyres on a car that had been put on backwards. They wear at twice the rate of tyres the right way around. Putting them on backwards has a major effect on traction between the tyre and the tar. Breaking causes backward tyres to wear and damage excessively because they skid instead of gripping with the tar. Even turning with the tyres on backwards causes excessive wear because of the traction problems. If it were the case, wouldn't every tractor that's pulling a dump trailer on the building of roads and bypasses have the tyres turned. And they don't. Its just a myth......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

No u are incorrect, the high point of the rear facing lug is going to take all the stress the centre should, the centre where the lugs meet is much tougher due to the fact that it has more of a hard surface area

With tyres like that id sy 8k would be more realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Shes not a bad example of a '93 90-90 but if it only had 2800 hours on her she should be imacculate. Also if the clock was correct those tyres would probably be the originals and I doubt that. 17 year old tyre walls would be fairly perished by this stage.
    Don't get me wrong it looks a good machine. Maybe the clock cable was just broken and not replaced for a good while.
    BTW, the "dead man" switch on the front of the side panel is a good addition.

Advertisement