Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Out of Plan Data Charges

• 27-01-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

At the moment I'm on 3 pay monthly and I'm thinking of switching to Vodafone. I don't have a data plan on 3 but I occasionally check my email or do the odd google search or look at google maps and it ends up costing me a couple of euro a month for the 2 or 3 megabytes of data which is fine.

I'm trying to figure out what the same charges would be on vodafone but they seem crazily high. The tarrif is here:

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/other/?ts=1264591276862

Basicallly it is €0.02 per KB of data up to 512 KB and €0.01 per KB after that. So is my maths wrong (entirely possible:o) or does that mean that Vodafone charge €10.24 for 512 KB of data??

3 currently charge me just 30c per MB.

I don't really want to add a data plan as I don't think I use it enough and it adds an extra 9.99 onto my monthly charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Did you click the link at the bottom of that page?

Vodafone live! Mobile Internet
    View the full pricing details for Vodafone live! Mobile Internet.

"You can get Mobile Internet and email at our standard rate of €0.99 per day, whether you're on Prepay or Pay Monthly. And if you use less than 0.5MB, you only pay for the pages you use"

so you are capped at €0.99 per day, if tou use the Live APN, unless you use more then 50 MB.

Advertisement