Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes, this thread is about you *points finger*

Options
  • 27-01-2010 12:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I always swore I'd never do this. In fact some of my boardsie friends will mock me for eternity for doing it. But in light of alot of negativity in here recently, I wanted to just share a few words with whoever cares to read seeing as Im at the 10k milestone.

I've been a member of boards.ie for nearly 5 years and when i look back on things, whether I like it or not, it has played a big part in my life over those years, moreso in recent years. Now many people would laugh at the thought of it, but from my point of view, i guess I copped as to the real potential boards.ie could offer you, as a user.

Some of things that I have done as a result of interactions on boards, in no particular order:

* Formed a unique drama group that is doing something no other group in Ireland is doing.
    * acted on stage again
    * Directed a play that was a sell out each night
    * Performed in numerous improvisation nights in packed out pubs
    * Bought a Mac
    * Had a photo published in the 2010 Boards Photo Yearbook
    * Unlocked numerous phones
    * Got into an early preview of The Dark Knight free!
    * was entertained by films I would never have come across before, such as "Bad Biology" and "The Green Planet"
    * Bought computer hardware online
    * Went on my first paranormal investigation (In Blarney Castle) with an awesome bunch without feeling like a weirdo.
    * Hosted a boardsie Halo 3 night on the Xbox360.
    * Jammed on the drums for a band who now have some songs played on the radio. (I dont think i was cool enough for them tho :o :pac:)
    * learnt that menupages.ie isnt all its cracked up to be. :p
    * Most importantly, made some great friends!

Recently, boards.ie has taken steps which in my view were badly needed and could only offer to improve the site overall and in the long run by formalising who things work, getting the likes of Darragh and Dav on board and setting standards for those who mod/volunteer for the site. Its something that I always felt was necessary and while it will never please everyone, it is something that can only serve to have boards.ie as a community taken more serious in the media and wider community. (IMO of course)

Now for the barf bit. A big thanks to all who I have interacted with on the site, both online and in the flesh! And for the begrudgers, the naysayers and similar types, meh. Its only a website.... :p But probably the best website in the world! :)

Now, time to get back to working out this whole [nofilter]fart[/nofilter] thing....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you bought a mac ?

i think im going to cut down on reading boards.ie.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've gone on numerous photo events throughout Ireland because of the Photo forum, all very positive,

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I love you, faceman. *mwah!*

(feeling the love here)

Boards has been a big self improvement deal for me too, but I have about 4000 posts to go before I can tell yall about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sorry to hear about the Mac, but I'm glad everything else worked out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i learned to point my nose down at people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

**puts on flutteringbantam voice **

Circle Jerking makes me sick,

/end

Nice post Faceman, boards.ie's biggest asset is the sum of its parts. Its not just an internet community like one would find in other countries, Its the diversity of topics and groups that form from them and the fact we are a small nation that meeting up with people of similar personalities and interests is possible.

Its a great site, and people that moan about it annoy me. My favourite retort to these people is "ask for a refund"

That been said, i can has my account bak?! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

faceman wrote: »
    Bought a Mac

nelson-muntz.gif

Advertisement