Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makro Belfast

Options
  • 27-01-2010 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey all,

Sorry if this has already been addressed but have quick look around and can't see anything.

I know there is a Makro in Belfast but I think I remember reading on here that non-business consumers could shop here for alcohol, is this correct? Do you have to apply for a card or anything? Have some friends getting married in a few months and buying the wine cheaply in NI might be a good option??

Any other places or suggestions for wine buying are welcome.

Thanks for your help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Yes you need to have a trade card for drink also, if you have a business, you will be allowed to register for the trade card....

If you cant be bothered registering and going throught the whole idea of trying to claim VAT back from the english goverment, i'd just keep a look out on the sainsburys/asda websites for wine deals.....

You wouldn't actually save that much by going to makro/your time/hassle/maybe out of stock when you get there.....plus anything you do actually save....you will spend and maybe more on stuff you dont actually need......just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

You could use it without registration for drink only using the seperate entrance. I think its still that way. However I have used Makro for over 20 years and find that wine in particular is just as cheap in the supermarkets. They do have what appear to be specials but its worth checking. I was in there 2 weeks ago and noticed that the prices in the drink section show vat inclusive prices which leads me to believe that the drinks section is open to the public. Call and ask.

Advertisement