Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Collection/Delivery service?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Now, I have no idea if anyone provides this kind of service or not, but basically i'm after some home gym equipment from Argos (weights etc), however i've no car at the moment and obviously carrying weights on a bus is out of the question. Hiring a car just to collect something from Argos seems like a waste of time/money, so does anyone know of someone in (Dublin) who will collect a reserved order from Argos and deliver it to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Shzm wrote: »
    Now, I have no idea if anyone provides this kind of service or not, but basically i'm after some home gym equipment from Argos (weights etc), however i've no car at the moment and obviously carrying weights on a bus is out of the question. Hiring a car just to collect something from Argos seems like a waste of time/money, so does anyone know of someone in (Dublin) who will collect a reserved order from Argos and deliver it to me?

Never heard of any doing that really but you could probably convince a man with a van type to do it for you.

I presume you checked if there was delievery available on the items you want from Argos.

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Yeah I checked, they only do home delivery for certain things. What i'm after isn't available.

Kind of stupid really, considering it would be heavier than some other things they will deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Yeah, i'll contact a few man with van type people and if it's too expensive (which it probably will be) or they won't do it, then taxi will probably be the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

here is a few 'man with a van' contacts from golden pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

The last time I bought weights at Argos I unpacked the box in the shop, gave them the packaging to throw away and lugged the loose weights home in a suitcase with wheels. Wasn't ideal but better than shelling out for a taxi or MWAV.

Advertisement