Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOD WARNING POST 1 - Manchester United v Manchester City

• 27-01-2010 1:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Please read this post - mod warning.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64199504&postcount=565

b_12.png V b_11.png

Carling Cup Semi Final
    Kick Off: 8.00pm
    Sky Sports 1
    Team news

Ferguson could be forced to make changes in defence with Rio Ferdinand facing a three-match ban from the Football Association after being charged with violent conduct following his clash with Hull City's Craig Fagan on Saturday.

Ferdinand, who had only just returned from a long-term back injury, could decide to appeal against the charge, which would leave him free to face City but could incur an additional penalty if he is found guilty.

Serbia international Nemanja Vidic is nearing a comeback after tweaking a nerve in his leg in the warm-up to the FA Cup defeat by Leeds, with Wes Brown another possibility to partner Jonny Evans at centre-back.

In-form striker Wayne Rooney, who scored all four goals in the victory over the Tigers, will lead the line and veteran midfielder Ryan Giggs is set for a recall, while John O'Shea and Owen Hargreaves remain long-term absentees.

Mancini is still unable to call upon January signing Patrick Vieira who continues to struggle with a calf problem, while Roque Santa Cruz will not feature after suffering a similar problem in the defeat at Everton.

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor is back with the club following the trauma of the gun attack on the Togo team bus, but may not yet be in the right frame of mind to feature, while Ivory Coast defender Kolo Toure has only recently returned from the African Cup of Nations.

Robinho will be in the squad despite ongoing discussions over his future ahead of an anticipated loan return to his homeland, while defensive duo Joleon Lescott and Wayne Bridge (both knee) are still on the treatment table.

I can't bloody well wait for this!! Going for 2-0 :cool:

Absolutely no idea what the line up will be! Don't even know if Ando is in Manchester? :confused: I think I'd like Rio to start, even though it may mean a 4 match ban instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sky Sports eh? From 8 million viewers to three men and a dog in a pub.

Utd to turn it round and win by the one goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

united to hammer city tonight. no question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Should be a good game indeed... I can see united winning and going through.

This will be a very big test of City's cridentials as 'top 4' material.... City still have a lot to do if they want to win this tie. I think Sir Alex will need to start with 2 up front and go for it from the off.

I'll be watching Everton vs Sunderland though ;)

I'll be watching Everton vs Sunderland though ;)

love it :)

will send Mancini and that feck'in scarf home with tails between their legs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good to see the needle back in the real North-West derby.

United to win 2-0 and Bellamy to get sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

2-2 draw, city to get a late equaliser.

City hopefully start with a bit of good attacking football and take it ManUtd, instead of the sitting back that happened in eastlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Going for a 2-2 draw tonight but wouldn't be surprised if United steam roll them.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Johner wrote: »
    You'd want to relax there lad.

Going for a 2-2 draw tonight as well tonight.

Just abit of humour.

I was just joking.

I'll edit my quote so. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Johner wrote: »
    I'll edit my quote so. :)

Should be a great game. Counting down the hours from the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

2-1 utd in normal time.

a late winner for Utd in ET.

if City can stay in it for the first half (i expect a bit of a Utd onslaught), then it could turn into a really cracking game of football.

if City score, it better be Tevez, just for the reaction from all sides - him, Neville, the respective support.

I was hoping United to go through would be about 2/1 to stick a few quid on it, 10/11 though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

SlickRic wrote: »
    2-1 utd in normal time.

a late winner for Utd in ET.
    Same as that and it's where my money will be going. 9-1 on betfair for that scoreline and i'll be having a few quid on draw half time utd full time @ 4-1 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm nervous as fook. Gonna try get 4 or 5 hours kip before it but don't know how I'm gonna sleep :o

I see us going down 2-0 unfortunately, though I said roughly the same last week.

Just start drinking now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Expecting one of these:

Don't jinx it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Going to go for a 1-0 win in normal time and 2-0 AET to United as City try and get a goal in extra time to win it.

Expecting a cracking game although it depends on what Mancini decides to do. When Hughes' team came earlier in the season they went at us and nearly got something from the game - albeit fortuitously. Mancini strikes me as a defensively orientated coach and if they try and sit back and soak up the pressure, we should be well able to break them down.

"All together now.. My old man said be a city fan.." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Going to go for a 1-0 win in normal time and 2-0 AET to United as City try and get a goal in extra time to win it.

erm....if utd win 1-0 doesnt that mean there will be no extra time and utd will just go through on away goals?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

erm....if utd win 1-0 doesnt that mean there will be no extra time and utd will just go through on away goals?!

Away goals don't count until after extra time in the league cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Away goals don't count as anything extra until the end of extra time for some reason. So if United win 1-0 in 90 minutes, it goes to extra time, and if the scores then stay at 2-2 on aggregate, Utd win at the end of extra time. See rule 13.5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Please God let United win tonight.

3-1 to them for me. 1-1 and tense going into the last 10 minutes, United get a second (by some means which everyone exept Roberto Mancini will complain about) before the 90, and then a third in extra time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

2-2

3 red cards

Fergie will look like he is going to blow, Bellamy will burst Neville in the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

will start at 100miles an hour but after 20 minutes it will go to shíte

city will try and defend and hold what they have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Looks like Rio will be playing tonight.

Looks like Rio will be playing tonight.

appeal? or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

How come Sky have it tonight but didn't have the first leg, load of bullsh!t.. Down the local then I guess.

Delighted Rio is taking the 4 match hit now instead, can't let our 'noisy neighbours' get one over on us tonight! This could be epic, should be a cracking atmosphere in OT tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Should be a cracker of a match, and hopefully united come out winners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can someone provide a reliable linky for this? Haven't the money to go to the pub.

Extended highlights on BBC later on but can't wait for that.

Thanks,

kraggy wrote: »
    Can someone provide a reliable linky for this? Haven't the money to go to the pub.

Thanks,

check the stream thread closer to the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kraggy wrote: »

Thanks,

Download sopcast right now, it's usually hard to get it when the match is actually on due to their server being busy.

I'm going for...

VDS

--Neville ---- Rio ---- Evans ---- Evra

-Valencia --- Fletch --- Ando --- Giggs

Berba
    Rooney

Then again, wouldn't surprise me to see 4-3-3/4-5-1 again. :(

• Advertisement

If Neville plays he'll be made bits of by Bellers.

Des wrote: »
    If Neville plays he'll be made bits of by Bellers.

or we'll be playing with 10 men for most of the game, one or the other.

It's clear Rafael can't handle Bellamy, Neville's experience will count for something imo. Plus I just want to see what happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ntlbell wrote: »
    or we'll be playing with 10 men for most of the game, one or the other.

tbh, I could Nev being on a wind up mission on Bellamy and Tevez and they would be just as likely sent off.

People are underestimating Neville's ability I think. He still has great timing and he never really had great pace. I wouldn't be against him starting.

I'm going for...

VDS

--Neville ---- Rio ---- Evans ---- Evra

-Valencia --- Fletch --- Ando --- Giggs

Berba
    Rooney

Then again, wouldn't surprise me to see 4-3-3/4-5-1 again. :(

Rafael will most likely be playing right back. Held his own last weekend so he should be grand. Carrick will be alongside Fletch aswell I'd imagine.

Would rather see Owen up top with Rooney though, they linked up well the last two games together and they create far more. Berba and Rooney seem to be getting in each others way too often and drop off far too much. At least with Owen he gets himself into the right positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Neville can't play against Bellamy, he looks as though he is going downwards quicker than forwards when he is running. I'm thinking about employing him to plough a field for me.

All I want is a game as good as the first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Good chance of Brown at RB, with Rio and Evans as the CBs.

Good chance of Brown at RB, with Rio and Evans as the CBs.

Was just about to say that. Brown at right back would be a great option and would make us a bit more solid.

Would you know, I completely forgot about Brown! It's been so long since he played there!! :)

Is the Arsenal match more important than this? I think it is, so I think we'll see some of the first teamers in the bench this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Would you know, I completely forgot about Brown! It's been so long since he played there!! :)

Thats because the last good performance he put in was in the Champ Lge Final 2008.

He's a crackpot! Theres no knowing how he'll play. I accept his A-game is great but how often does he produce?

Des wrote: »
    Is the Arsenal match more important than this? I think it is, so I think we'll see some of the first teamers in the bench this evening.

To me it is. But I can't see why we can't put out similar teams in both games.

This resting thing gets a bit old.

Young professional footballers should not have a problem with playing two games in a week.

The fear will be extra time.

Put out the best team, get this finished up early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nulty wrote: »
    Thats because the last good performance he put in was in the Champ Lge Final 2008.

He's a crackpot! Theres no knowing how he'll play. I accept his A-game is great but how often does he produce?

Jesus Christ, a player has 2 bad games and suddenly he hasn't played well for a whole season. Brown was immense in a run of games earlier in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Slipping down the page........

Any team news ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I have a feeling this will be an absolute cracker. Wouldn't be surprised if there was 4-6 goals. Can't wait. Hope City win, their fans haven't had a lot to be positive about for a few decades now. Plus the fact I'm a Liverpool fan!

• Advertisement
Advertisement