Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOD WARNING POST 1 - Manchester United v Manchester City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

there was 4 or 5 occassions when City broke down the left & he was nowhere to be seen.

positionally he is all over the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

syngindub wrote: »
    Whats the story with highlights of this game tonight. Do i have to wait for MOTD or do you reckon SS News might show the goals before the beeb

Think they are on bbc iplayer but not sure when they will have them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

redout wrote: »
    Fletcher

Cheers.

Was very happy with our (united) performance tonight, although was a little dissapointed with Rafael but i'm confident he'll get more confident with the ball and learn in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mr Alan wrote: »
    there was 4 or 5 occassions when City broke down the left & he was nowhere to be seen.

positionally he is all over the shop.

He always seemed to be on my tele?

Give yours a slight bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

d22ontour wrote: »
    Is the bbc iplayer available in ROI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

can the bbc iplayer be watched in Ireland?

if so, how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

TevezDummy0101GETTY_228x302.jpg

Suck on that baby! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Seems to actually be a nice enough bloke - just a bit of a nutter.

I have no problems with him. Told Shearer to shove it, whats not to like?:D

He can be an irritating fooker on the pitch but he is the type of player fans of his team love - a player that is always fighting and harrying the opposition and he shows fantastic commitment.

Bellamy has been fantastic this season, and the player that worried me most in the games vs United this season.

Hated him before he signed for us, love him now. Really great player as well.

71139917.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Bellers is a loud mouth annoying git, but generally on the pitch. I cant remember i saw him in the press.

Hes tidyed himself up, and seems to be happier in his football, bringing in some solid performances for us, like last week and the 20 mins i saw tonight.

I think hes only had 2 red cards in 5 seasons, which surprises me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fergie is the first manager to take his side to 7 League Cup Finals.

Some record for a man/club who apparently don't take the competition seriously.

Bellamy is a quality quality player & i love him as a bloke as well. wish we still had him.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hated him before he signed for us, love him now. Really great player as well.

71139917.jpg

:D

is that pic from the coin incident or the Evans incident (naughty boy Craig!) or something else entirely?

GSPfan wrote: »
    TevezDummy0101GETTY_228x302.jpg

Suck on that baby! :P

yea, this two legged tie really proved that Berbatov should definately have pushed tevez out of the united team.......:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Des wrote: »

if so, how?
    no...dosen't work if the ip adress is from outside the uk.....pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Even as a Utd supporter I think Bellamy's great, and such a hard worker. Though he's some moaner :D

• Advertisement

Bellamy is a quality quality player & i love him as a bloke as well. wish we still had him.

Liverpool could certainly do with him. Direct pace of himself and Torres would be a nightmare for defenders, and he'd fit that liverpool formation perfectly

rizzee wrote: »
    Belamy gets on my nerves. I don't usual say this about someone... but he's an absolute sly cunt and gets on my t!ts. Coin in the head... get up you little bitch.

I agree with the sentiment but Throwing a coin is disgusting. Its the act of a coward.

Belamy gets on my nerves. I don't usual say this about someone... but he's an absolute sly cunt and gets on my t!ts. Coin in the head... get up you little bitch.

new here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

was Rooney up front alone for the whole match (I only caught the last 20mins)? I thought after how him and Owen paired up in the end of the first leg, there would definatly be more than just him up front?

Liverpool could certainly do with him. Direct pace of himself and Torres would be a nightmare for defenders, and he'd fit that liverpool formation perfectly

yep, the fact that he's a huge Liverpool fan & he had to be sold to get Torres sums up the state we'e in.

• Advertisement

yea, this two legged tie really proved that Berbatov should definately have pushed tevez out of the united team.......:confused:

Erm, what?

It proved United played 451 in two games so Tevez would have played in neither and have been moaning to the press about it.

Heard Berbatov moaning about it?

Tevez didn't like not being first choice week in week out, he needs to be to perform, so United was not the right place for him. Currently city is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

if so, how?

UK proxy i suppose if one was bothered to watch it i suppose. :P

I don't like bellamy...but if he played for united he'd probably be one of my favorite players.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

GSPfan wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiment but Throwing a coin is disgusting. Its the act of a coward.

Thanks.

I understand but he made a mountain out of a molehill. Suppose any player in that situation or if it was over in the Eastlands a United player would've done the same. My bad. We'll see what fine oniteduU will get anyway soon :( It's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,366 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

if so, how?

http://www.hypercloak.com/

we'll chat about it again Mitch, but needless to say, i dont think Tevez would be too bothered bout the carling cup if he were still at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

is that pic from the coin incident or the Evans incident (naughty boy Craig!) or something else entirely?

Not sure. I have pics from the incident though.

95137169.jpg
    45130302.jpg

Tin of Bulmers beside him but don't think that's what hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Tevez didn't like not being first choice week in week out, he needs to be to perform, so United was not the right place for him. Currently city is.

So what does Berbatov need to perform ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Coin hit Bellamy. You could see it in the replay.

Couldnt be happier.

Edit about the match, not Bellamy. Although he is a bit of a mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

redout wrote: »
    So what does Berbatov need to perform ?

The new hair cut seems to has made his touch even more sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

we'll chat about it again Mitch, but needless to say, i dont think Tevez would be too bothered bout the carling cup if he were still at Utd.

lol, it was the only cup where he was a regular starter :D

and although i cannot stand bellamy the coin throwing thing is retarded. hope they had cameras in the ground, find the fan and ban them.

Look at how cautious Fergie is though. 451 is very common, and that doesn't suit Tevez when Rooney is always going to be first choice as the 1.

I don't want to get into a Berbatov vs Tevez debate, but the fact is Tevez would not have played tonight, just as Berbatov did not.

Same would/will happen in the big Euro and League games imo - Fergie doesn't have the nuts to go 442 in the big ones which is the only way either starts.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    lol, it was the only cup where he was a regular starter :D

kinda my point! :)

That fell out of Bellamy's pocket :pac:

Not sure. I have pics from the incident though.

95137169.jpg
    45130302.jpg

I believe it is Magners:p

Plus I reckon it is his, fell out of his shorts. I knows I saws it. I knows I did...

dosen't work....cheers for trying

Thanks.

I understand but he made a mountain out of a molehill. Suppose any player in that situation or if it was over in the Eastlands a United player would've done the same. My bad. We'll see what fine oniteduU will get anyway soon :( It's a shame.

Ha, now if the fan Bellamy pushed in the Derby at Old Trafford jumped the advertisement boards and ran up and nutted him in the teeth I'd be applauding! :) I hate him. (but only football hate, not real hate like hating Terrorists and Kiddy fiddlers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Berbatov was paid for, Tevez wasn't. Plus Berbatov doesn't moan like a b**** about not playing. That's the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

_47197038_008633568-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Heard Berbatov moaning about it?.

Why would he ? even sauntering around the pitch looking disinterested uses more energy than he can be bothered with.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mickey Mouse cup
    ooops, Cancel that, we won ! :pac:

Quality second half

I don't think I could have handled extra-time, so just as well that it ended as it did :p

Was really happy with the performance in the second half, some brilliant passing and fast movement.

The first half we were mainly hoofing it up to Rooney, who was pretty much isolated for the most part. Played some football in the second.

I was saying for the whole match that Carrick should have been taken off and Berba brought on; Carrick was anonymous, and Rooney needed support. Made sense really. I guess I'm eating my words :D

Another great performance from Nani, hopefully he gets another boost of confidence. His crossing from the right is spectacular at times. I'm sure he'll start in the final.

Hopefully the coin throwers will be banned for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Rooney and Fletch after the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

They wouldn't have the goals on iplayer before MOTD.

Dave! wrote: »
    Mickey Mouse cupI was saying for the whole match that Carrick should have been taken off and Berba brought on; Carrick was anonymous, and Rooney needed support. Made sense really. I guess I'm eating my words :D

Just because Carrick actually decided to earn his wages doesn't mean you have to eat your words. The way I see it, The criticism of Carrick is completely warranted and if he plays well for a long period of time he will get deserved praise. I really think the hair dryer came out at half time tho cause Carrick was even chasing people into the corner.

Head and shoulders above the rest.

96215242.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F56CA4E837FE3EE3F7F878F477A7314F646C0FFE2B224C42DF

96214722.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5DEC5E398EF7935D4EA3CE9830DD9BE231863E97DA3610A2B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

I saw my mate the other day,
    He said to me he saw the white Pele,
    So I asked, who is he?
    He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney,
    Wayne Rooney,(wazza) Wayne Rooney,(wazza)
    He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney.

Cracking game, best of what english footie is about... Utd v City games are gonna have some serious tension for next couple of seasons..

MoTD highlights starting now for anyone who had to watch the game on streams like me...

Boooo, league highlights first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

_47197038_008633568-1.jpg
    jaykay74 wrote: »
    Head and shoulders above the rest.

96215242.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F56CA4E837FE3EE3F7F878F477A7314F646C0FFE2B224C42DF

96214722.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5DEC5E398EF7935D4EA3CE9830DD9BE231863E97DA3610A2B

Anyone want to make those magic black n white pictures out of these, with the red rooney still in? (i have no idea what its called)

would make a class sig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rafael was poor i thought, yet he gets praised here by some? strange.
    He had a good 60 mins, I wouldnt blame every attack Bellamy managed to be involved in down to him. I thought all of the United team was decent enough, Carrick wasnt great at all but he took his goal well and worked harder second half. Scholes and Fletcher were the men tonight. De Jong, Given and Tevez were Cities best players.

As much as I love to see Tevez lose after his stupid comments (about not leaving to Liverpool because of the United fans then going to City) he is a great player. Don't know if he's worth 32 million, but if Berbatov is worth 30.5m then Tevez is worth 40.5 or 50.5 easily.

Anyone want to make those magic black n white pictures out of these, with the red rooney still in? (i have no idea what its called)

would make a class sig!

if only it was tevez walking disconsolately back up the pitch. Oh well, can't have it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement