Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOD WARNING POST 1 - Manchester United v Manchester City

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CHD wrote: »
    Enjoy the match :)

I did thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Trilla wrote: »
    De Jong, Given and Tevez were Cities best players.

Micah Richards was unreal. Our best player by a mile imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

if only it was tevez walking disconsolately back up the pitch. Oh well, can't have it all.

there was another shot of them celebrating with tevez in the foreground, i lol'd when i saw it coz i could just imagine the director trying to get the cameras in position for that one shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I didn't watch the match but did Tevez and Neville make up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Nev wasn't on the bench or on the pitch. Probably up in the stands.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I didn't watch the match but did Tevez and Neville make up?

GN wasn't in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

dejected.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

That comes up as a dangerous page on my antivirus, is it legit? Have you got any viruses etc from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yeah it is fine. I use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Posts deletd for some reason? I Just asked for links to the managers interviews and its gone!!?:confused:

Wrong thread, try the United megathread. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Posts deletd for some reason? I Just asked for links to the managers interviews and its gone!!?:confused:
    You posted it in the United team thread......

d22ontour wrote: »
    Wrong thread, try the United megathread. :D
    Sorry your right, had just deleted my post when you quoted me. Thanks anyways...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Micah Richards was unreal. Our best player by a mile imo.
    That dude is unreal, if he keeps performing as good as he has these two legs then he should be 1st choice England RB tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Boys and girls. Cut out the abuse and trolling please. This is neither the time nor the place. If ye cannot continue to discuss this civilly, the thread will be closed and the offenders banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I did thanks
    Great stuff buddy :)

Had a good one myself to0, we went top woop!

Ha! The thanks for T4TF to boot....ah boards funny stuff, i love you all! Heres to a good final and a good league run in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

good game second half was great.. was really excited about this match all day and delighted we won it(obviously)... looking forward to the next city united match all three this year have been great games..

scumbag fans throwin **** at bellamy hopefully they're caught and get banned for life totally unacceptable.. a couple of fans tarnishing the night. hopefully its the great battle between the two teams that makes the headlines tomorrow and not that ****..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

We went to Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

redout wrote: »
    We went to Wembley.

I thought it was at OT :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Oh this victory was sweet.

I was quite worried about the situation for United in the first half. Scholes, Fletcher and Carrick weren't able to get to grips with the game at all. They started to do their job in the second half though, presumably after the hair drier had had an outing.

Nani and Giggs were a constant threat and Rooney was class as usual. VDS had a very good game, he has looked in great form since he's come back.

Given is an absolute wall, that's all i can describe him as. Tevez was class tonight as well, absolutely loved seeing him on the losing side though. You're still not worth it Carlos!

Can't wait for the next installment of this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Good match.

Fergie picked the wrong team and lineup, even at that it could have won by 5 or 6.

Giggs on song is still the best player in the league by a country mile.

Evans played like a man possessed.

Giggs shades him for my MOM though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Boggles wrote: »
    Good match.

Fergie picked the wrong team and lineup, even at that it could have won by 5 or 6.

by Evans you mean fletcher right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ntlbell wrote: »
    by Evans you mean fletcher right?

Not in the least, thought both teams midfields were very quite for the first 45.

Evans was immense throughout, went into every tackle like someone insulted his granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

like someone insulted his granny.

This could very well be a lot closer to the truth than you think :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Incredible game and atmosphere, a lot of tension and no small amount of unpleasantness both before the game around the ground and during the match with the Bellamy incident.

first half was very flat and United didn't really get going, city played well again. Rafael's positioning is dodgy as hell and he's too unwilling to force his opponent into making a decision but that will improve in time. Carrick was poor again, goal notwithstanding, he needs far too much time to figure out what he wants to do with the ball.

To make a comparison, Scholes plays as though he has an interactive map of the game in his head and reacts accordingly when he gets the ball, you rarely see him turn into trouble when the ball is coming.

Carrick on the other hand checks his rear view mirror, checks his side mirrors on both sides, checks his rear view mirror again, indicates and begins to move. It's frustrating as hell to watch.

Still another great derby night and the right result from my point of view. Disappointing that Chelsea won to ruin an otherwise perfect night, but you can't have it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

quarryman wrote: »
    what has the bottle got to do with it? did you actually watch the replay?

What a ridiculous thing to say...seriously :rolleyes:
    Oh give over. maybe 2 fans did.

Could you link me to your post condeming the entirety of the City support too or you just trying to find a way to take the gloss off it?

One fan threw a lighter at Evra. If you watch the replay of the Bellamy incident, there were about 20 coins flying from the stands, some of which hit the lady in the front row, and one that hit Bellamy. Then there were the 2 beer bottles. Disgraceful stuff
    syngindub wrote: »
    off topic, but nice goal from stokes for hibs against celtic

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Good match.

Out of interest, what line up would you have prefered to see?

Personally, I'm actually not too bothered these days if/when we play 433 in big games, as long as we don't go out on the pitch and play defensively. I like the pace the 433 gives us but it does suck losing out on the creativity of Berbs.
    Evans was immense throughout, went into every tackle like someone insulted his granny.
    That was me. I was sending him and his granny insulting text messages all day in broken English, pretending I was Tevez.

Good match.

I agree with all that but the highlighted bit.

Great player but he's far from the best in the league even when on form.

Evans looks like he's gonna be a top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

fullstop wrote: »
    What a ridiculous thing to say...seriously :rolleyes:

One fan threw a lighter at Evra. If you watch the replay of the Bellamy incident, there were about 20 coins flying from the stands, some of which hit the lady in the front row, and one that hit Bellamy. Then there were the 2 beer bottles. Disgraceful stuff

so it is ok to condemn ALL united fans in the stadium for what maybe 5 people did. but to say the same about all City fans based on what 1 fan did is shocking.

Is it a ratio thing we are getting at?

It is disgraceful but the vast, vast majority of the United fans had nothing to do with it, so to say they all let United down is simply not on. If you are going to go that route than it would only be fair to do the same with regards to the City support despite the fact it was only one idiot who threw the lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So sad I missed this, on a stupid plane. Nonetheless, ****ing delighted. What I really really want now is to put out a team of mostly younger players in the final. I want to see Rafael, Evans, Fabio, Anderson, Nani, Diouf/Macheda all play. I don't think Giggs, Scholes, Owen, Neville should get near the squad even.

I still don't massively care about this competition. Winning it is nice enough I suppose. Winning it with youngsters throughout would be fantastic, but getting City in the draw prevented that. Last night wasn't about the Carling Cup, it was about beating City, and team morale, this is a huge huge boost for the team which will carry over in all competitions.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    I don't think Giggs, Scholes, Owen, Neville should get near the squad even

What a load of sh'ite. Giggs and Scholes were brilliant against City and deserve a day in Wembley, regardless of their age. Pure waffle that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What a load of sh'ite. Giggs and Scholes were brilliant against City and deserve a day in Wembley, regardless of their age. Pure waffle that

did you miss his point maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

fullstop wrote: »

To be fair the lady in the front row was asking for it :pac:

kryogen wrote: »
    did you miss his point maybe?

Dont think so. "what I really want now" to put a team of youngsters out after Giggs, Scholes and the likes playing in a big Semi final vs the local rivals.

Our first team needs to play in this final, I want to see Giggs etc after the City victory in wembley. They deserve it and United fans deserve it too.

The only reason playing older people was justified imo was because it was against City. If the game had been against Blackburn, I would have wanted the youth players out there. The same applies for the final. It's important for their development.

The only reason playing older people was justified imo was because it was against City. If the game had been against Blackburn, I would have wanted the youth players out there. The same applies for the final. It's important for their development.

I want United to win this trophy, I don't want it to be about stopping City. To hell with them noisy neighbours :)

Seriously we didn't play a weak side in the final the last two times we won this competition, and with the FA Cup becoming a less and less of a deal the past few years (no matter what anyone thinks or says) its becoming on a par with it. A trophy is a trophy. Lets win this and push on for the league and CL.

Sorry, but anyone who says that the league cup is becoming on par with the FA cup is just nuts. There's no doubt its improving in importance, as City and Chelsea are looking for ways to keep their massive squads happy and teams outside the top 4 are getting much better, but nonetheless, it's still clearly the 4th trophy. Would happily trade still being in the FA Cup for our League Cup final position. Furthermore, would without a doubt take the 3 points this weekend if it meant losing the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Sorry, but anyone who says that the league cup is becoming on par with the FA cup is just nuts. There's no doubt its improving in importance, as City and Chelsea are looking for ways to keep their massive squads happy and teams outside the top 4 are getting much better, but nonetheless, it's still clearly the 4th trophy. Would happily trade still being in the FA Cup for our League Cup final position. Furthermore, would without a doubt take the 3 points this weekend if it meant losing the final.

Yeah the Carling Cup is becoming a hell of a lot more competitive yet I wouldnt say its as appealing yet, but when they say that it is almost on par with the FA cup I think they are getting at the fact the FA cup has declined in importance over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If our squad is massive then whats yours? :p

Balanced :)

• Advertisement

Sorry, but anyone who says that the league cup is becoming on par with the FA cup is just nuts.

Nope I'm not "Nuts". The FA Cup does not have the appeal it did for a while now...and with United and Chelsea doing well the past few years in the League cup proves the big clubs want to win this competition. All you have to do is look at the team United put out vs Leeds, the midfield in particular. Ferguson didnt put out a strong side, he put out a team he thought would do enough and if they didnt then to hell with it. They were asked/forced to not participate in it in 2000 even, albeit for fixture madness reasons.

nuts I am not...and I wouldn't trade the fourth round for the chance to beat Villa in the final.

Advertisement