Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birmingham game Saturday 3pm

Options
  • 27-01-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Birmingham have the best Defensive record in the league at home conceeding only 6 times. With Our difficulties Breaking down Defensive teams the pressure is on to secure 3 points and to do that we will probably need to keep a clean sheet.

Hopefully Gomes and Lennon will be alright to start this saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't think Lennon is going to be fit. Would love it if he is. Gomes simply has to be fit. I don't care what they have to inject him with but he has to play!!

Birmingham's run has to come to an end at some point and I'd love it if it was us that ended it. Having said that, I'd take a point, considering the results they've had up there of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I'd like to think that were the team that can break the brums record!
    we have a good goal record so i dont see why we cant go and get a result

stats mean nothing in football anything can happen:rolleyes:

should keep the team the way it is im happy with bentley on the wing rather then niko on the left and modric on the right just doesnt work out
    although we need a forward to put in a top class performance because they've a great defense so hopefully defoe has his shooting boots on
    would like to see pav get some time in he's done more then keane has done in 5 games within 3 minutes!

Great news about Daws aswell defintely one to keep!

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't think Lennon is going to be fit. Would love it if he is. Gomes simply has to be fit. I don't care what they have to inject him with but he has to play!!

Birmingham's run has to come to an end at some point and I'd love it if it was us that ended it. Having said that, I'd take a point, considering the results they've had up there of late.

what a difference this post is to this time last year. to me gomes is the rock of the team. he makes no mistakes and is a top keeper now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

massive game and like smeone said id take a point butwould love all 3!(obviously)

on tele? mayb tom mayes or somthing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »
    Gomes simply has to be fit. I don't care what they have to inject him with but he has to play!!

Does anyone else find it funny whenever he gets the slightest knock, his facial expression makes it look like he's just been beaten with a baseball bat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it funny whenever he gets the slightest knock, his facial expression makes it look like he's just been beaten with a baseball bat :D
    Those facial expressions last night had me convinced he was in a really bad way and would have to be replaced:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Redknapp was saying that he could switch to a diamond formation with gudjohnsen I don't know how well that will work

Huddlestone might be injured again i heard he might be so could be
    Gomes
    Chorluka ---- Dawson -- Bassong -- Bale

Palacios

Kranjcar/Bently
    Modric
    Gudjohnsen

Crouch
    Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Expecting a very tough game here.

Birmingham don't concede many goals, however they're not exactly prolific at scoring them either, with only 21 goals in 22 games.

We could really have done with Lennon back for this, so I think we'll struggle to penetrate their mean defence.

My prediction is a draw. 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I think we will need a bit of luck with this one, another nice deflection ala Bentley v Fulham would be appreciated. They are a very solid team but as others have said not that hot going forward. Can see a draw but hope we score first and early in the game making them attack us, think this will open some gaps for us. They will not want to have to play us in an open game.

Just Lennon and pav out for this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

keane=cock wrote: »
    massive game and like smeone said id take a point butwould love all 3!(obviously)

on tele? mayb tom mayes or somthing?

You can watch it on www.Atdhe.net

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Am looking forward to this one. If we want top 4 we need to beat the likes of Birmingham away. They are a strong side but if we put them under pressure we can hurt them. Its a shame Lennon is still out as we are not the same team without him in my opinion. If he was playing i'd fancy us to win but think we will get a point no better. Hope i'm wrong and we get the win.

COYS

Team line up
    Gomes
    Corluka, Dawson, King, Bale
    Bentley, Huddlestone, Palacios, Modric
    Crouch, Defoe.

Subs: Alnwick, Hutton, Jenas, Keane, Bassong, Kranjcar, Rose.

Birmingham
    Hart
    Carr, Roger Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell
    Larsson, Bowyer, Ferguson, McFadden
    Benitez, Jerome.

Subs: Taylor, Marcos Madera, Fahey, Queudrue, Damien Johnson, Vignal, Gardner.

Just realised king's playing two games in one week:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Modric just missed a great chance. Should be one up.

Sloppy defending lead to a great chance for Birmingham. Should have scored but straight into Gomes hands.

Class over head kick from Bale there to clear the ball:D

Half an hour gone and its pretty even, we had a good start and they have come back into the game now.

Good effort from Bentley saved by the keeper at the near post.

Great run from Palacious but shot well over the crossbar.

• Advertisement

Another decent chance from Modric driven over the bar.

nil all at half time

Half time and overall a good first half performance. Just need to get the break through goal and we can win this game handy.

Second half begins, no changes to both sides.

Good chance for Bentley, keeper saves but spills and re gains possession.

Defoe first and then Crouch miss a great chance on the edge of the penalty area. Well on top now just need that goal.

I cant believe crouch couldnt hit the target

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

shockign miss. does he not have a left leg. id have scored there no probs.

killing them but no way through

Bowyer dived there just in front of the box and got a free:mad:

• Advertisement

Terrible decision by the ref to give them a free kick right on the edge of the penalty area but the resulting free kick goes straight into the wall. Justice was done.

Advertisement