Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2 Released?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey all,

Was reading an article on how Mass Effect 2 was released yesterday (Tuesday) in the states and that some smaller retailers and websites in europe had decided to break the friday embargo and release here as well.

Does anyone know if any of the smaller shops in and around Dublin have decided to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hey all,

Was reading an article on how Mass Effect 2 was released yesterday (Tuesday) in the states and that some smaller retailers and websites in europe had decided to break the friday embargo and release here as well.

Does anyone know if any of the smaller shops in and around Dublin have decided to do this?

Oooooo if you find out let me know, might chance xtra vision when I over that way in a bit. I hear they normally dish out a free flu virus when they break street dates and release epic games mid week ??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MinxOfInsolence

Just rang my local one there and they say friday, theres always tescos i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I just asked the guy in the local xtra-vision if they would sell it before Friday and by the look on his face I thought he was going to call the cops!! :rolleyes:

Note: He did tell me how much they'd be charging for the standard edition though - €49.99.

Ha, i think they will but there waiting for someone else to do it first so they wont get in trouble!

Does anyone know any independent stores (i.e non chain) that sell games?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Normally the smaller independent is less likely to break a release date - publishers are inclined to ban retailers from getting pre order stock if they break a release date, obviously with a smaller independent they will do so a lot quicker than a retailer with the muscle power like Xtravision / Game etc.

• Advertisement

Well i've read that gamemania.com based in europe broke the embargo which led to smaller stores breaking it, if anyone i thought xtra vision would be the first since they have to compete with game, gamestop and hmv, which is where most people will go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Try Harvey Norman or Golden Discs.Game,Gamestop etc would be under serious warning not to break the release date untill at least Thursday afternoon,most shops after 6pm on Thursday are worth a chance though,game looks great,I swore no more Xbox but this may make me splurge for one again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's getting close to the witching hour, when people start getting antsy in their pantsy

Advertisement