Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balti Murgh Masala

Options
  • 27-01-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone have the recipe for making Balti Murgh Masala? It consists of diced chicken with minced lamb in a fairly hot red sauce. I would love to know how to make it with all the correct ingrediants. Hopefully somebody on here can enlighten me on how to make this beautiful Indian dish.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

muchos04 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Does anyone have the recipe for making Balti Murgh Masala? It consists of diced chicken with minced lamb in a fairly hot red sauce. I would love to know how to make it with all the correct ingrediants. Hopefully somebody on here can enlighten me on how to make this beautiful Indian dish.

Regards
    well m also a big fan of indian food and the actual indian dish is balti murgh not balti murgh masala,,thats may be the kind of innovative dish just to make it something different.it basically dont have mince in it.it is just made out of chicken.
    wasnt aware of the receipe thogh,just googled it n here is what i found
    http://www.bestindiancooking.com/top-chicken-recipes-balti-murg.shtml
    hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

Thanks very much for this! I would think that my local Indian's recipe is an innovative dish which was probably created in the UK. I have only seen it on a few recipes in Edinburgh and one or two in London. I will give this a try and see how it comes out! If you see any other recipes that resemble a 'balti murgh masala' by all means pass them my way but this is great!

Regards
    muchos04

Anyone know how to make this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

yes, but its way too complicated to explain here unfortunately, it involves a lot of different processes and cooking techniques, hence why its so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Hi muchos

My understanding of Balti Murgh Masala would be:
    • Balti - style of Indian/Pakistani cooking developed by immigrants to England
    • Murgh - Hindi (Indian) word for chicken
    • Masala - a blend of spices
    I think if you check the internet (or here on boards.ie) for a tikka masala or makhani recipe you should get something pretty similar. I've never seen an Indian dish with chicken and minced lamb, though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Guys,
    Its a very tasty dish and my local indian make it. It's reddish in colour and quite hot. It's absolutely delicious!
    Try it sometime! Curry Addict...hopefully you can send me a link to a 'how to make it' and thanks Little Alex for the useful info...every bit helps!

Regards

Advertisement