Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android Apps would you pay for?

• 27-01-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello Android heads,

There has been a lot of talk about the absence of the paid android market in Ireland. I was just wondering what apps would people actually pay for? I've just seem a few of the pay apps on the android website and none of them seem great to be honest. However, I know the website only shows a fairly small sample of apps available

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just put on NewsRoom RSS reader yesterday and gotta say it's fantastic (despite lack of Google Reader integration). Think I'll be forking out $5 to keep it....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Just put on NewsRoom RSS reader yesterday and gotta say it's fantastic (despite lack of Google Reader integration). Think I'll be forking out $5 to keep it....

Have you tried Newsrob? That seemed to integrate with Google Reader and is free (I think). Though I think it checks for updates in the background so mind that if you're watching data usage.

I was just wondering what apps would people actually pay for?Cheers

I'm currently using the free lite version of alarmed since it forces be to solve maths problems to turn it off. The payed version looks to be £1 in the UK and adds music playlists.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I have payed 9$ for documents to go.
    I keep intending to make a donation to the lads who do connectbot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've paid for:

CoPilot Live
    Pure Calendar
    Taskiller
    PicSay Pro
    TellyZap Pro

.... and a couple of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

I presume you rooted and downloaded market enabler to d/l all them?
    Is this much hassle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If eirtext pro existed on Android I'd buy it. Since it doesn't, I'm waiting for the Jelly SMS lads to release their android version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I presume you rooted and downloaded market enabler to d/l all them?
    Is this much hassle?
    What phone have you?
    HTC phones are pretty easy to root.Once thats done ME just needs to be installed and you use your own google checkout account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I downloaded Twitdroid via the Android Market and upgraded it to the full paid version via the developer's mobile website and paid using paypal.

You get a confirmation email send to you and just open it on your handset, and click the attachment, it opens in Twidroid and hey presto you're upgraded to the full paid version.

Obviously the Android Market would be a lot slicker if it just had paid apps!

I really don't know what the hold-up is, but it is deterring Irish developers from getting onto the platform.

I would love to get my hands on the Irish Phonebook app that was on iPhone on Android.

Worth every cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

CoPilot Live Europe. You can download from their website (if you can find the well hidden link;)) and pay via credit card. Good app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

paid for FeedR - simple rss feeder but decent enough and no ads - was only 99c was really testing market enabler to be honest!

would pay for dailystrip if it wasn't free! :)

would pay for a high res version of the HTC Keyboard that doesn't look crap on my high res liquid but c'est la vie. Would probably pay for a keyboard of similar quality if one existed (probably does haven't had time to look)

would probably also have paid for dublinbikes2go.com and dublinbus2go.com - no option though, maybe the dev takes donations? really handy apps :) (more like web pages but still!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

screenslide pro!!

great homescreen replacement

Advertisement