Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a potholed road fixed in Portlaoise

Options
  • 27-01-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all. Hopefully one of ye have had this issue before, or are aware of how to go about getting it dealt with.

The road up to my house is covered in potholes, several of which are over 3 foot in diameter, and I would say at least half a foot deep. I reckon trying to get around them is what ruined my cars suspension.

So how do I go about getting this fixed? Is it the town council? The county council? Do I fill in a form? Contact my local TD?

I've never had to deal with something outside of the confines of my garden, and that would be something I'd just have called the landlord on..

Any advise/help is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Is the road public or private?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

If this is a public road; contact the county council. If its in a housing estate it depends whether the builder owns the land or has handed it over to the council. If its a housing estate the best thing to do is contact the residents committee or maybe there is a management company.

Advertisement