Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling for a vrt price on 205 GTI

• 27-01-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of buying a 205gti on a english plate but the vrt calculator does not have it on a list. Can you call and get a qoute before i buy the car?
    Has anyone VRT a 205 gti 1.6 recently.
    I have worked out it uses 175g of co2/km so i think the min VRT is 560 euro ( the car is not costing that much).

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ring Rosslare. You may get a shock though - if they classify it as a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Around 1000 to 1200 euro, it's classed as a collectors car so they up the omsp.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanyleary

yea i have just heard a guy at home here payed 900 euro vrt, the car cost me 500 euro. madness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The minimum VRT they can charge is €720.

Also, the price you get on the phone is not the final price - they can up it or lower it on the day at the VRT office. Rough the car up the day you go in and you might get lucky.

I paid the minimum in September though I was given a quote of €990.
    I brought my 1yr old daugher though, and got a nice lady at the counter. ;)

And don't forget to get the FULL V5 document from the vendor or you'll be waiting months for paperwork.

paid my blood money, 900 euro.
    i have all the paper work to prove its co2 was 175g/km but and i quote, " its a gti thats a different kettle of fish". How can they charge 900 euro when they are only selling for 1200 euro bets me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Lodge an appeal, you have every chance of success.

lightning how are you, i havent vrt your one yet but it has been resprayed, the interior has to go back into i must send the pics, looks good.
    Yea they did not want to know about the co2 figures, might try and fight it seen as i have to pay it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

seanyleary wrote: »
    lightning how are you, i havent vrt your one yet but it has been resprayed, the interior has to go back into i must send the pics, looks good.
    Yea they did not want to know about the co2 figures, might try and fight it seen as i have to pay it again.

Do what I did, send them a copy of the invoice for the car showing what you paid, also go to a main peugeot dealer and get a quote for the value of the car. send them both to rosslare and sit back and wait about 3mts, Also document the VRT you believed should have been paid and what your looking for them to reimburse you.
    It worked for me, I got nearly 3000 back on VRT I paid of 5,500 when I did the above.

Advertisement