Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying Something New C&C

• 27-01-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Street_3_by_superflyninja.jpg

Street_2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Street_1_by_superflyninja.jpg

Street_3_Crop_by_superflyninja.jpg

cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Call me odd, but I actually like the top half of image #1. It just has a really nice feel to it - from the CCTV camera, maybe? I like #3 as well, because of your focus on the businessmen chatting, but I can't say that #2 or the bottom half of #1 do anything for me. There's just a feel of them being simply ordinary street scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

what exactly is the something new that your trying? are you overexposing for effect or is it just that you're trying that candid/street photography thing? theres the the parts of each of the photos that i like by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I also like No.1, I the feel & tones.

I don't like No.2 I think it's been beaten too much with the soft focus filter/tool

I don't like No.3 I think the top half is very blown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

longshanks wrote: »
    what exactly is the something new that your trying? are you overexposing for effect or is it just that you're trying that candid/street photography thing? theres the the parts of each of the photos that i like by the way

ah the candid/street. Im really struggling with PP these days.I just keep seocnd guessing about how to process it :(
    thanks for the comments :D
    im gonna reproccess the last two and upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

What was it in each shot that made you point the camera in that particular direction, and frame it in that way, and take the picture at that instant? What is it that you're trying to illustrate? I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say i see a few people walking down a street, so what? What makes it interesting to you? Are you trying to share something that you saw?

I like the processing btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

quite like no.3 myself, mainly because it's the only one I can half imagine a dialogue to go along with it. I also like the more aggressive composition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

eas wrote: »
    quite like no.3 myself, mainly because it's the only one I can half imagine a dialogue to go along with it. I also like the more aggressive composition.

Me too. Could be balanced better but I do prefer it.

Only suggestion (other than levels) is a decent crop - you don't need all that blown out stuff in the top half of the picture - crop down to a landscape scene with the two guys and a traffic light.

Here's a very quick example in the attachments. I haven't spent any time on that, just quickly butchered it to illustrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

candid street photography, you really have to get closer to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

im not very comfortable with this type of thing (and it shows :D ) but i think ill try it again...it was a bit of a step even getting people into shot for me lol. but ill post alt versions of the tow photos soon :d maybe even with a crop..... ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Not many people are!

I think thats what makes the "good" ones stand out. Taking that moment to stick your camera into a complete strangers face somehow makes for an interesting image... :D:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement