Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

droppin out(another thread!)

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

is friday the cut off date for dropping out without having to pay fees? and what happens if you go on to do another college course? do you have to pay fees for that course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

If you drop out before the cut off point, UCD will not seek the remainder of your "free fees" from the Dept. of Education.

My understanding is, if you were to apply for a new course and be accepted for next year. You'd only pay for the first half yourself, and the 'free fees' will pay for the remainder.

Dropping out is a pretty big deal so try and talk to your department head/liason officer/ education officier or someone else just to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and no better solution is available (transfer/deferral).

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

im not in college at the moment im on placement so the chance of talking to someone in the college between now and then are slim.
    i dont think anyone else could help with the decision anyway tbh, but only having a couple of days decide is really difficult. but if i do decide to leave at a later date i dont know how im going to pay the fees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I'd try ringing then, if I were you. They will be best able to help you sort out your options and what the different ramifications are.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

sent you a pm x

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    sent you a pm x

• Advertisement
Advertisement