Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with website traffic

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

can any help me get more traffic to this website and also any ideas on how i could improve the site. thanks
    http://www.russells.50webs.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

First of all, you need a proper domain name - nobody will remember an address like that. You should register www.russellsbar.ie (.com is taken).

Second - the site design is poor. All the elements are way too big, and most crucially, the content of the site is nearly all images! How would google be able to pick up those keywords when they're in an image rather than normal text?

I'm not one to pick people up on spelling, but on a business website you need to get it right - "Next time your in Dundalk..... your guaranteed a good night". They should both be "you're".

I think you need to pretty much start from scratch on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

+1 on most of Eoin's points above.

Having text as an image is a serious flaw - there is nothing for Google to index (and it makes editing the site a nightmare). In fact, there is almost no text on the site whatsoever - no text on pages, no keywords, no description tags - so Google will completely ignore it.

In addition, the titles of the pages are "FIFA", "POKER", "DARTS", etc; not one mention of a bar, or Dundalk, or anything relevant that might help a search engine figure out what the site is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Also, perhaps you should think why you want to get more traffic to the site. There's no advertising on it, it's a local bar, it may not need to get loads of traffic in order to make money. You need to think of an overal marketing strategy for that, is it just going to provide basic opening times and info, are you going to offer promotional deals through the site etc...

The question isn't 'how to get more traffic to the site' - it's how/if a website can help drive business to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mattfinucane

What they said. Have it designed and developed by a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

wiigeek wrote: »
    can any help me get more traffic to this website and also any ideas on how i could improve the site. thanks
    http://www.russells.50webs.com

Can you tell us why people would want to come to your site? If there's no good reason that's probably the reason there's no traffic. And, as others have said, getting someone with design skills to do the site would probably help a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement