Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Night In Ardee?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the pubs in Ardee and if they have any successful traditional music nights on a Thursday? Noticed that three of the pubs in the town have a sign in their window saying 'Trad Night Every Thursday!'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Railway bar is supposed to be good on a thurs. Never been though

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Ah good stuff, thanks for that Geezer1000. I'll check it out tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Trad is coming back in a big way so they say, but it seems to be dead in dundalk, never hear of it here. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Trad is coming back in a big way so they say, but it seems to be dead in dundalk, never hear of it here. :confused:

Never been to the spirit store then?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

fh041205 wrote: »
    Never been to the spirit store then?:rolleyes:

I did a few years back, but found the place too small and cramped When it is packed, moving around can prove quite difficult.

is there any other pub in the town that does it?

• Advertisement

I did a few years back, but found the place too small and cramped When it is packed, moving around can prove quite difficult.

is there any other pub in the town that does it?

Unfortunately no. But in Drogheda its just a case of finding out from people who play in sessions when and where they play.

Jusr randomly today I found these on thesession .org

The Malt House, Tuesdays
    http://www.thesession.org/sessions/display/1920

Johnny Mason's, Mondays
    http://www.thesession.org/sessions/display/2118

I haven't a clue if either of these are still going but its something to look into at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Wee House pub in Dundalk has traditional session every friday. Nice way to chill out after a long week at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

I think foleys in drogheda have theirs on a Tuesday, i can find out for definite if you want

Advertisement