Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

removing front sprocket on a bandit 600-how difficult to remove.

• 27-01-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hi

was going to attempt to remove the front sprocket.Does the sprocket
    nut and bolt loosen anti clockwise.have come across the odd part.to
    loosen was clockwise.safety thing.

Thanks....................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

nedned wrote: »
    hi

was going to attempt to remove the front sprocket.Does the sprocket
    nut and bolt loosen anti clockwise.have come across the odd part.to
    loosen was clockwise.safety thing.

Thanks....................
    IIRC it's anti-clockwise. You first remove the panel hiding it and I believe using the nut gun is the way to go here. A friend of mine did it for me (years ago when I had a Bandit) and I have to say that back then I wouldn't have been able to do it myself...

These days I'd probably manage though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nedned

cheers-i`ll mull over it.i have an impact driver.good couple of smacks.would
    there be thread lock on it.seen a picture of a bloke with a blow torch
    breaking the seal.

scary.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

cheers-i`ll mull over it.i have an impact driver.good couple of smacks.would
    there be thread lock on it.seen a picture of a bloke with a blow torch
    breaking the seal.

scary.....
    Yeah you can mess things up quite badly on that one... Impact driver should do the trick though. Just be careful! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,450 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

cheers-i`ll mull over it.i have an impact driver.good couple of smacks.

Be careful - if you damage the gearbox output shaft bearing you usually have to drop the engine to change it :eek: better to just use a long bar
    would there be thread lock on it.seen a picture of a bloke with a blow torch
    breaking the seal.
    :eek:
    Probably not threadlock but there usually is a lock washer, you should flatten it before loosening the nut, and bend it back afterwards to stop the nut loosening.

Some people put the bike in gear to try to stop the shaft turning, but I heard of someone breaking a tooth off 1st gear doing that! Better to get someone to press the brake pedal hard while you undo the nut.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ninja900 wrote: »
    Be careful - if you damage the gearbox output shaft bearing you usually have to drop the engine to change it :eek: better to just use a long bar

:eek:
    Probably not threadlock but there usually is a lock washer, you should flatten it before loosening the nut, and bend it back afterwards to stop the nut loosening.

Some people put the bike in gear to try to stop the shaft turning, but I heard of someone breaking a tooth off 1st gear doing that! Better to get someone to press the brake pedal hard while you undo the nut.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement