Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster with highest word count

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A bit of a frivolous question this, but how difficult would it be to work out the most verbose posters on boards?

It's one thing to have 50,000 one-liners and rolleyeses but a poster with 5,000 long-winded rants quality posts realistically contributes more so it might interest people to see a League of Windbags ordered by total wordcount.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's Wibbs.

There you go.

Simples.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thought as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Wibbs or Ropedrink. I remember reading a thread where they had a conversation, it took about 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Its not me.

....or phasers

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Des wrote: »
    It's Wibbs.

There you go.

Simples.
    I challenge that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Onkle wrote: »
    Wibbs or Ropedrink. I remember reading a thread where they had a conversation, it took about 4 days
    and only 4 posts involved.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bob the Unlucky Octopus.

btuo.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now I know why I cant get shirts to fit and why Ive so many watches.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gordon wrote: »
    Bob the Unlucky Octopus.

btuo.jpg

Now there's a poster I genuinely miss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Overheal wrote: »
    I challenge that.
    Dont! You can't!

Longcat is a bannable offence :D

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Dont! You can't!

Longcat is a bannable offence :D
    Longcat probably wont contribute much to the wordcount.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He might if you converted him to ASCII/binary

Nah we wont be doing that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Onkle wrote: »
    Wibbs wrote: »
    and only 4 posts involved.

Like an Entmoot.

5starpool wrote: »
    Like an Entmoot.
    I had to google that.

My boss of course (Religious guy) was talking about the wind blowing in our front door and setting off the chime [that tells us when customers walk in] and he was joking with me: "Just leaving the door open for Elijah"

This resulted in a lot of confusion while I explained I thought it was a reference to lord of the rings :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

5starpool wrote: »
    Like an Entmoot.
    It's said that old Entish sounds like a lot like very slow groaning and creaking.

Wibbs & Ropey... figures :D

Speaking for myself, I say Cnuts the lot of you. Ropedrink may elaborate further. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wibbs wrote: »
    We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.
    Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

;)

Advertisement