Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG problem N95 8G

• 27-01-2010 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

yesterday the back-light on my screen wasn't working (this happens from time to time for me) so as i always do to fix this problem i restarted the phone

but when i did the phone restarted properly but the screen is just black no life in it at all:confused:

*the lights on the keypad light up
    *the start up nokia tune plays
    *and when i connect it to a tv it still works :(

anyone know how to fix it ? or where the problem is?

+ its gone well past warranty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lcd gone or possibly the ribbon cable. You could get it fixed, quick job really if they have the parts in stock. Would cost you about €50.

You could do it yourself if you wanted, not really that hard. And the handset has a 24 month warranty so double check its out of warranty first. A repair centre will tell you if it is or isnt in any case. MPRC or fonemendars are the main two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dark_by_Dezign

Davy wrote: »
    Lcd gone or possibly the ribbon cable. You could get it fixed, quick job really if they have the parts in stock. Would cost you about €50.

You could do it yourself if you wanted, not really that hard. And the handset has a 24 month warranty so double check its out of warranty first. A repair centre will tell you if it is or isnt in any case. MPRC or fonemendars are the main two.

yeah this has happened before and it came back to life i think its the ribbon as i have just replaced the lcd screen a few months back

Advertisement