Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ordered from mothercare.ie?

• 27-01-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Placed an order from this site for a travel system and am a little concerned. Ordering system seems to go through paypal and no details of the order on my paypal receipt or no direct confirmation email from mothercare.ie either.

Also there is no contact phone number for their warehouse or whereever the order is being dispatched from which is a bit strange. Thought I would have a chance to check all details of the order while in paypal but it appears to have processed my card with only the amount and blank order info before I knew it!
    Has anyone else ordered from the mothercare.ie website and had any problems getting their order? Have emailed them but no reply and as I said, no number on the site so no one to ring.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No,I found it very expensive.
    Check if kiddicare.com have the items that you are looking for I can highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mustang23

Thanks, it was for some of their ownbrand stuff and I've already placed the order - just wondered if anyone else had experience of ordering from the site. Seems v odd not to get any confirmation details.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I wouldn't advise anyone to order anything from mothercare. I bought something in store dealing with real people, and it was a disaster. They ended up selling my paid in full buggy on me, to no fault of my own. Took weeks to sort it....partly due to the delivery service. It would seem the warehouse has a habit of losing a lot of things meant to be delivered.
    If you can get it elsewhere it will most likely be cheaper and far less of a headache!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

hacked wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise anyone to order anything from mothercare. I bought something in store dealing with real people, and it was a disaster. They ended up selling my paid in full buggy on me, to no fault of my own. Took weeks to sort it....partly due to the delivery service. It would seem the warehouse has a habit of losing a lot of things meant to be delivered.
    If you can get it elsewhere it will most likely be cheaper and far less of a headache!!

I have heard the same thing from a lot of people. I've also heard instances when buggies were sold to people who were due in four weks when the buggy wouldnt be in for 6-8 weeks. Havent bought anything from them myself just heard through word of mouth. Got all mine in Eurobaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mustang23

Delivery arrived today! At my door in less than 48 hours of ordering! Must admit that although the payment system seems a bit odd, definitely can't fault the service! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I have heard the same thing from a lot of people. I've also heard instances when buggies were sold to people who were due in four weks when the buggy wouldnt be in for 6-8 weeks. Havent bought anything from them myself just heard through word of mouth. Got all mine in Eurobaby.

You have recommended about 20 different buggies, car seats, spare parts advice on almost all your posts, when are you going to admit that you or a relation/friend of yours actually works for eurobaby?
    You still pretend to be just a "shopper" in there.
    Do you work on commission?

I actually still shop there as my baby is still using strollers sorry if your offended by me recommending a store that I like the service in. I will refrain from it in the future.

You have recommended about 20 different buggies, car seats, spare parts advice on almost all your posts, when are you going to admit that you or a relation/friend of yours actually works for eurobaby?
    You still pretend to be just a "shopper" in there.
    Do you work on commission?

I genuinely don't understand your complaint in this particular thread. All the poster was doing was saying they heard similar stories to mine about mothercare. I suggested buying things elsewhere...but haven't anything to suggest. This person isn't the only person to recommend Eurobaby. Actually, out of all of the baby stores in the country...I had seen Eurobaby mentioned the most on this forum by everyone. Repeatedly.

Next time you feel the need to critisize or attack another poster, could you please do it in PM??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

hacked wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand your complaint in this particular thread. All the poster was doing was saying they heard similar stories to mine about mothercare. I suggested buying things elsewhere...but haven't anything to suggest. This person isn't the only person to recommend Eurobaby. Actually, out of all of the baby stores in the country...I had seen Eurobaby mentioned the most on this forum by everyone. Repeatedly.

Next time you feel the need to critisize or attack another poster, could you please do it in PM??

I have seen posts removed by moderators on other threads that are basically advertising or bigging up a certain place or store or service, and that is obviously what the poster is doing.

Just to be pedantic about it- from 58 posts by themyteriousson - 41 are recommending different brands of buggies, car seats, mattresses, moses baskets, bicycles -
    She sure knows a hell of a lot for just a "shopper":rolleyes:

I have posted on another thread where themysteriousson had replied with recommendations about buggies. There are also numerous posts recommending car seats and spare parts. This sort of information is ONLY known by somebody who has knowledge of/working in the nursery industry.
    I have said on a previous post that I work in the nursery industry, I have never named the store as I don't want any post to be removed for advertising. I have given advice on pushchairs and car seats/safety without ever mentioning where to go and buy them.

Just to clear things up i worked in nursery a few years ago therefore I have a good knowledge of buggies I am also a mother who uses prams and carseats etc which I bought in that particular place hence the fact I recommend them.
    I do not work in Nursery anymore. I was simply tryng to offer advice for example Moonbeam (no offence) has mentioned kiddicare on numerous ocassions but you havent commented on that. Apologies.

• Advertisement

I have seen posts removed by moderators on other threads that are basically advertising or bigging up a certain place or store or service, and that is obviously what the poster is doing.

Just to be pedantic about it- from 58 posts by themyteriousson - 41 are recommending different brands of buggies, car seats, mattresses, moses baskets, bicycles - oh all from Eurobaby!/Eurocycles!!
    She sure knows a hell of a lot for just a "shopper":rolleyes:

I have posted on another thread where themysteriousson had replied with recommendations about buggies. There are also numerous posts recommending car seats and spare parts. This sort of information is ONLY known by somebody who has knowledge of/working in the nursery industry.
    I have said on a previous post that I work in the nursery industry, I have never named the store as I don't want any post to be removed for advertising. I have given advice on pushchairs and car seats/safety without ever mentioning where to go and buy them.
    It is the critising of brands that Eurobaby doesnt sell that I take offence to.

Honestly seems incredibly petty to me. And all I'm saying is if that's how you feel please contact a moderator.

I am irritated as the reason you are attacking said poster is because of something I said. I had numerous bad experiences with a certain brand, poster was merely saying she had heard a lot of people say the same thing. And you know what? So have I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

borderlinemeath if you have an issue with posts report them, if you see a pattern or have a concern about a poster and do not want to use the reported post function then please pm the mods and make us aware of your concerns so we can have a look and make a call on it.

What you have done in this thread is refered to as back seat modding break the forum and site rules, please do not do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

hi, I've used mothercare.ie, no problems instore or online. I did have a rant at them for not selling baby clothes and maternity on the site, cos if you use the uk site, (similar postage & priced in sterling) you cant get anything big delivered to Ireland, so you end up doubling up on postage. At the time, they said they hoped to have clothes new year 2010 but no sign of them yet.

Kiddicare.com is great too, big selection, but the £20 delivery charge means you need to be spending a good bit to make it worth your while. Having said that, they send delivery updates via SMS and cant be faulted for anything I've gotten from them.

Advertisement