Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does my desktop wallpaper always go stripey?

• 27-01-2010 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Small problem that's been happening for a while on my Dell Laptop (Inspiron 9300, around 4 years old, running Windows XP home edition). When I'm done using my laptop I usually just close it, which is probably not the best way of doing things. When I open it again, my wallpaper will look like this...

stripeyscreen.jpg

It's quite annoying as it's very hard on the eyes, the stripey pattern also shows through on some websites, in items such as banners and advertising. It gets a bit tedious resetting it after a while as that operation seems to be slow enough on this machine.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

ATB,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Looks like a problem with video driver/resolution. Have 9300 myself and had to download new video driver from Dell web site when using XP/ Check the video settings in the control panel and see what they are set to.

Advertisement