Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman - Free Green bin collection for everyone including non customers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

speculate to accumulate or whatever ya call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The free recycling will only be available if you sign on for waste collection. It doesn't say what the rate is for pay-by-weight, or that you have to pay for a bin, or that you can only put out a certain amount of recycling bags. Read the FAQs on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

how much is Mr.Binman? been scouring the site there and like the above poster i can't find any prices..is it hidden somewhere i'm not seeing or simply non existant on the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

snuggles09 wrote: »
    how much is Mr.Binman? been scouring the site there and like the above poster i can't find any prices..is it hidden somewhere i'm not seeing or simply non existant on the site?

It's roughly €85 every three months, but you can pay six or twelve if you like. No pay by weight in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I pay €28 a month. so do original customers get any discounts? hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanyboy63

Hi,just wondering did anyone sign up to this as it sounds too good to be true but heard this lad from mr b on wlr today & it seemed like there is a saving to be made by using him on even just green bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

It does seem to good to be true (no such thing as a free lunch and all that) but the Mr Binman guy on the radio said that they were running the routes anyway and the more they collect the more they can sell on..apparently recycled waste is worth money!!

Mmmm, it kinda seemed to make sense what he said alright. Friend of mine got them in the county for all the bins & shes happy so think I'm gona try the free thing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Someone be the guinea pig for us all!

Guinea Pig's my middle name...Will report back on how I get on!

• Advertisement

Just home & got a pack in the post today from Mr Binman - stickers for my green bin and bags to put the recycling into. Gave me a collection day too so I presume all i have to do is leave the bin out that day! simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Mr Binmanis 340 for the year...Black and green bin collected every week

Council is how much... 120 or 140 ? black/green bin every 3 weeks

I origianlly changed to mr binman for the weekly collections .. and the majority of my stuff nowadays is recycled so I wouldn't need a weekly black bin....if he's gonna be collecting my green bn every week for free I'l be changing back to the council

that way I'll only have to buy black bin tags....and the odd brown one

I think he might be shooting himself in the foot:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Mecco is correct - there is no such thing as a free lunch:

In an interview in The Farmers Journal, the owner of Mr Binman admitted that he had “hired non-nationals to keep manners on the Paddies”.

Basically speaking he has hired these people as a way of forcing his Irish employees to take a pay cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The_Thing wrote: »
    Mecco is correct - there is no such thing as a free lunch:

In an interview in The Farmers Journal, the owner of Mr Binman admitted that he had “hired non-nationals to keep manners on the Paddies”.

Basically speaking he has hired these people as a way of forcing his Irish employees to take a pay cut.

That's your interpretation. I prefer to think the non-nationals were hired to stop us from speaking with our mouths full...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any follow up on this? Also does anyone know what the Corpo make of this offer, do they think its grand as its less work for them or is it threatening revenue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I can see the whole thing been private-atised and then the prices will go up and up :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I can see the whole thing been private-atised and then the prices will go up and up :mad:

That should make them go down if anything.

I got my green bin collected on Friday. They sent me the bags and stickers on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

SCABS

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I have been using the for a few months now in Tramore and no compaints. Good service.

Better than the council

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    SCABS

so if someone knocks on your door and offers to take away your rubbish for free you'd say "not thanks..i'd rather pay the corporation the 4 euro thanks"..don't think so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Unlike Mr. BinMan, Waterford City Council is not a profit making organisation. The money collected by the Council for their wheelie bin service will be re-spent by the Council in, and on, Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

I received my pack for the recycling in the post a few days ago , however I did not get any labels just the recycling bags. Will they collect the bags without labels attached to them? I dont have a green bin so I would be just putting out the bags

Advertisement